CSNbbs
Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 (/thread-882342.html)

Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - WesternBlazer - 09-07-2019 11:23 PM

RE: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - Ranger1386c - 09-08-2019 07:41 AM

Going 2 - 0 for the first time in forever is awesome. Tj3 made some outstanding throws. We have at least three very fast receivers who may allow us to set records this year if health cooperates. We threw to the tight ends some, which was encouraging. Oline didnt let them touch TJ3. Outstanding pass protection.

The defense was even more impressive. Dline gave them zero chance to run the ball. Other than Opie at WR killing us with his breakout game against close coverage by our DBs, aided by a crazy bounce, the defense shut them down. Marino a beast again. Wilder showing us why they could shift Mofor. Moll is back. McWilliams made a standout play with his quickness.

But I am even more concerned about our ground game than I was in week one. Those stops of Spencer at the LOS were not always against 8 in the box. UAB replaced Galten with Fecanin in the starting lineup this week, but the ground game did not improve. The Oline just hasnt been able to move the defensive lines, at all, of what will likely be the two worst teams on our schedule. I love this young team, but if that pattern persists UAB will win 6 or 7 games instead of 11 or 12.

All that said, it was a great road win, and we have an extra week to figure out how to run block before South shows up determined (and able, it appears) to be the team that ends the Return’s home win streak.

RE: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - HiddenDragon - 09-08-2019 08:01 AM

Anyone notice that TJIII wasn't throwing a lot of tight spirals down the field. The majority of his passes was wobbly and some floated on him.

RE: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - BlazerGreen - 09-08-2019 10:37 AM

(09-08-2019 07:41 AM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  Going 2 - 0 for the first time in forever is awesome. Tj3 made some outstanding throws. We have at least three very fast receivers who may allow us to set records this year if health cooperates. We threw to the tight ends some, which was encouraging. Oline didnt let them touch TJ3. Outstanding pass protection.

The defense was even more impressive. Dline gave them zero chance to run the ball. Other than Opie at WR killing us with his breakout game against close coverage by our DBs, aided by a crazy bounce, the defense shut them down. Marino a beast again. Wilder showing us why they could shift Mofor. Moll is back. McWilliams made a standout play with his quickness.

But I am even more concerned about our ground game than I was in week one. Those stops of Spencer at the LOS were not always against 8 in the box. UAB replaced Galten with Fecanin in the starting lineup this week, but the ground game did not improve. The Oline just hasnt been able to move the defensive lines, at all, of what will likely be the two worst teams on our schedule. I love this young team, but if that pattern persists UAB will win 6 or 7 games instead of 11 or 12.

All that said, it was a great road win, and we have an extra week to figure out how to run block before South shows up determined (and able, it appears) to be the team that ends the Return’s home win streak.

Losing four starters off the OL was big but maybe even bigger was losing Jody Wright. Not saying Owens is a bad coach but he is new to this group. Total loss of continuity in that unit from last year.

RE: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - Ranger1386c - 09-08-2019 01:28 PM

(09-08-2019 08:01 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Anyone notice that TJIII wasn't throwing a lot of tight spirals down the field. The majority of his passes was wobbly and some floated on him.

The short and intermediate passes seemed inconsistent. Deep passes were mostly right on target. I sometimes wonder if he is still recovering from previous surgeries and finds it harder to throw from some angles.

RE: Akron vs UAB Football Game Highlights 9 7 2019 - josephblazer2770 - 09-08-2019 05:39 PM

(09-08-2019 07:41 AM)Ranger1386c Wrote:  Going 2 - 0 for the first time in forever is awesome. Tj3 made some outstanding throws. We have at least three very fast receivers who may allow us to set records this year if health cooperates. We threw to the tight ends some, which was encouraging. Oline didnt let them touch TJ3. Outstanding pass protection.

they try to key mix and match see if they can key on that.

Great win for the Blazers, the others will key on spence and such. they will have to choose stop the pass or the run. mix and match and have fun. then you will have to play the refs