CSNbbs
CUSA is the worst league out there - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: CUSA is the worst league out there (/thread-881667.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

CUSA is the worst league out there - goherd24herdfans - 08-29-2019 11:35 PM

We know we are the worst FBS conference. But are any FCS leagues better than us this season?

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - JoeJag - 08-29-2019 11:43 PM

(08-29-2019 11:35 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  We know we are the worst FBS conference. But are any FCS leagues better than us this season?

To early to tell. CUSA has some good programs, also some very weak ones.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - EagleNationRising - 08-30-2019 12:13 AM

(08-29-2019 11:43 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  
(08-29-2019 11:35 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  We know we are the worst FBS conference. But are any FCS leagues better than us this season?

To early to tell. CUSA has some good programs, also some very weak ones.

I dunno...South Dakota looked damn savvy today, and I don’t think they are the best team in their conference.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - SoMs Eagle - 08-30-2019 12:19 AM

If we divided this conference in half, the bottom half and the top half, then at least the top half wouldn’t be the worst FBS conference......

Tonight’s performance was just spewing chunks. And one of the rape victims, against Toolame no less, was picked by some genius on here to go like 12 and 1. SMH....

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - MUther - 08-30-2019 02:53 AM

(08-30-2019 12:19 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  If we divided this conference in half, the bottom half and the top half, then at least the top half wouldn’t be the worst FBS conference......

Tonight’s performance was just spewing chunks. And one of the rape victims, against Toolame no less, was picked by some genius on here to go like 12 and 1. SMH....

Where would you draw the line? Last year's champion almost lost to an FCS school last night. I'm not sure there is a top and bottom half. Does a pile of **** have any sides?

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - monarx - 08-30-2019 06:11 AM

Weird things happen in week 1. It’s embarrassing, but not the end of the world. I bet FIU is bowling at the end of the year.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Seminowl - 08-30-2019 06:18 AM

(08-30-2019 02:53 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(08-30-2019 12:19 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  If we divided this conference in half, the bottom half and the top half, then at least the top half wouldn’t be the worst FBS conference......

Where would you draw the line? Last year's champion almost lost to an FCS school last night. I'm not sure there is a top and bottom half. Does a pile of **** have any sides?

Last years champion graduated almost every single starter last year. UAB last year is a different team than UAB this year.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - HiddenDragon - 08-30-2019 06:38 AM

[Image: thumb_amen-emegenerator-net-amen-orange-...533816.png]

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - goherd24herdfans - 08-30-2019 07:10 AM

If Marshall can't win this league this year, Doc needs the biggest kick in the ass ever given to a coach to convince him to "retire".

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - southcharlotteapp - 08-30-2019 07:15 AM

Don't beat yourself up too much. I don't know if y'all are the worst, but when your highlight is UNCC not covering against Gardner Webb, then yeah it was a bad night.

The UAB game was unwatchable. Just really bad football. I'm confident that your top three will represent CUSA well.

Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's take CUSA's top half and the SB's top half and..........

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Yosef Himself - 08-30-2019 07:42 AM

The MAC is the worst conference on the field.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Cardiff - 08-30-2019 07:44 AM

(08-30-2019 12:19 AM)SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Tonight’s performance was just spewing chunks. And one of the rape victims, against Toolame no less, was picked by some genius on here to go like 12 and 1. SMH....
That could still happen! 03-lmfao03-lmfao

(08-30-2019 02:53 AM)MUther Wrote:  Does a pile of **** have any sides?
In this case, it has an Eastern Division and a Western Division

(08-30-2019 07:10 AM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  If Marshall can't win this league this year, Doc needs the biggest kick in the ass ever given to a coach to convince him to "retire".
I think we have a great chance. Concerned about the game @FAU, but unless we suffer horrible injuries should be in good shape to go 7-1 in conference.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - SoMs Eagle - 08-30-2019 07:50 AM

(08-30-2019 06:11 AM)monarx Wrote:  Weird things happen in week 1. It’s embarrassing, but not the end of the world. I bet FIU is bowling at the end of the year.

I’m sure they will. After all, the rest of their schedule is mostly made up of the rest of CUSA....

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - TTT - 08-30-2019 08:33 AM

Yeah yeah "it's early in the season" "you're overreacting" "crazy things happen early in the season" yada yada etc.

I said it last year and I'm saying it again. In the current times, this version of CUSA 3.0 is the WORST CUSA has ever been in it's existence and by far we're the worst conference in college football right now, or at least tied for worst. If Southern Miss doesn't win CUSA this year then we won't ever win again.

Every year it's just another wave of feels...USM with it's terrible TV market, no big fancy airports, small population city/state, in the shadow of the SEC...we're destined to be in this terrible conference.

The only thing I can think of is for CUSA's best to merge w/ the Sun Belt's best and form an entire new league w/ a different name for branding:

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Southern Miss
La Tech
North Texas
Troy
ULL

NORTHERN DIVISION
UAB
Marshall
App State
Ark State
MTSU

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - FAU Connoisseur! - 08-30-2019 09:41 AM

(08-30-2019 08:33 AM)TTT Wrote:  Yeah yeah "it's early in the season" "you're overreacting" "crazy things happen early in the season" yada yada etc.

I said it last year and I'm saying it again. In the current times, this version of CUSA 3.0 is the WORST CUSA has ever been in it's existence and by far we're the worst conference in college football right now, or at least tied for worst. If Southern Miss doesn't win CUSA this year then we won't ever win again.

Every year it's just another wave of feels...USM with it's terrible TV market, no big fancy airports, small population city/state, in the shadow of the SEC...we're destined to be in this terrible conference.

The only thing I can think of is for CUSA's best to merge w/ the Sun Belt's best and form an entire new league w/ a different name for branding:

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Southern Miss
La Tech
North Texas
Troy
ULL

NORTHERN DIVISION
UAB
Marshall
App State
Ark State
MTSU

Stop harping about how bad CUSA 3.0 and just start dominating it. What has USM done in 3.0? 1 CCG (runner up, loss to a Sun Belt add is what I recall)? If you were blowing through the conference 8-0 and just winning the conference fine, but you guys are part of the problem too. I think a lot of good things are happening with facilities. We all know too much about UNT, I just went on a tour of our 166,000 sq ft athletic and academic center that will open late Nov or early Dec. Game changer, some P5's won't have a facility like this.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - THE NC Herd Fan - 08-30-2019 09:46 AM

(08-30-2019 07:42 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  The MAC is the worst conference on the field.

The MAC took care of business last night against all FCS opponents, CUSA did not.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Tintin - 08-30-2019 09:48 AM

(08-30-2019 08:33 AM)TTT Wrote:  Yeah yeah "it's early in the season" "you're overreacting" "crazy things happen early in the season" yada yada etc.

SOUTHERN DIVISION
Southern Miss
La Tech
North Texas
Troy
ULL

NORTHERN DIVISION
UAB
Marshall
App State
Ark State
MTSU

I think you’re missing Monroe and Charlotte, two teams that beat you last year.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - EagNBran - 08-30-2019 09:49 AM

You're right, FAU, we should be. This is the literal reason our fans are so apathetic right now. We know how bad this league is and we aren't winning it, and that just shows how bad we are as a team.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Dawgxas - 08-30-2019 09:57 AM

(08-30-2019 02:53 AM)MUther Wrote:  

Last year champ was purely the making of the NCAA. Exempting players from transfer and academic rules. Clark went out and got 23-25 year old SEC rejects (kicked off or flunkies).

Several coaches complained about this when it went down.

RE: CUSA is the worst league out there - Dawgxas - 08-30-2019 10:00 AM

(08-30-2019 09:49 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  You're right, FAU, we should be. This is the literal reason our fans are so apathetic right now. We know how bad this league is and we aren't winning it, and that just shows how bad we are as a team.

I didnt think WKU or FIU would be world beaters this year. Definitely not UAB after losing the NCAA exempt players