CSNbbs
Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! (/thread-881041.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - JDTulane - 08-20-2019 01:27 PM

New Sandwich to Bite Back At Chick-fil-A
Popeyes' Sandwich v. Chick-fil-A's: More Flavor, Less Homophobia

Love when 2 companies go at it because we the consumer usually win on either price, quality, or both. ALMOST rode my bike down at lunch today to a Popeye's to try it out but too hot and I'm too lazy. 04-cheers

Let me know if any of y'all try it!

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - SoMs Eagle - 08-20-2019 01:32 PM

(08-20-2019 01:27 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  New Sandwich to Bite Back At Chick-fil-A

Love when 2 companies go at it because we the consumer usually win on either price, quality, or both. ALMOST rode my bike down at lunch today to a Popeye's to try it out but too hot and I'm too lazy. 04-cheers

Get your partner to bring you one. My wife would bring me one if I asked....

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - MemTigers1998 - 08-20-2019 01:36 PM

Popeyes chicken is atrocious

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Kronke - 08-20-2019 01:40 PM

Woke capitalism is so cringe. Imagine having "needed" a chicken sandwich alternative.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Redwingtom - 08-20-2019 01:41 PM

(08-20-2019 01:36 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Popeyes chicken is atrocious

I had it once and didn't like it either.

I don't mind eating at Chick-fil-a. Aren't most all stores run/owned by local folks anyway?

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - JDTulane - 08-20-2019 01:42 PM

(08-20-2019 01:40 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Woke capitalism is so cringe. Imagine having "needed" a chicken sandwich alternative.

There are threads from both sides of the aisle on this forum weekly with boycotts over companies. We vote with our wallets all the time. Don't pretend like you don't.

Soms, they work even further away w/ an even busier schedule. Will have to try out on my own time.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Kronke - 08-20-2019 01:43 PM

(08-20-2019 01:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

I don't mind eating at Chick-fil-a. Aren't most all stores run/owned by local folks anyway?

Yeah, local community leaders and the like. I think they require you to work in them, as well. That's why the odds of getting a franchise (for what I believe is at a cost of just $10,000) are like 1 in a million. It's an exclusive club, and it's why their brand is so pristine.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Kronke - 08-20-2019 01:45 PM

(08-20-2019 01:42 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 01:40 PM)Kronke Wrote:  Woke capitalism is so cringe. Imagine having "needed" a chicken sandwich alternative.

There are threads from both sides of the aisle on this forum weekly with boycotts over companies. We vote with our wallets all the time. Don't pretend like you don't.

Soms, they work even further away w/ an even busier schedule. Will have to try out on my own time.

In the past week, the alt-left has boycotted CVS, Home Depot, Equinox (and SoulCycle!), and Shell Oil. And that's what I know of since they all trended on twitter.

Guess what I'm not going to do -- boycott Popeye's.

Bro, this is mental illness.

https://grabyourwallet.org/

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - UTSAMarineVet09 - 08-20-2019 01:48 PM

(08-20-2019 01:27 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  New Sandwich to Bite Back At Chick-fil-A

you cant even win on a chicken sandwich-off... 07-coffee3

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - JDTulane - 08-20-2019 01:48 PM

(08-20-2019 01:45 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

In the past week, the alt-left has boycotted CVS, Home Depot, Equinox (and SoulCycle!), and Shell Oil. And that's that I know of since they all trended on twitter.

Mental illness is taking your business elsewhere because of the political affiliations of business owners? As if.

Good on your for not boycotting Popeye's. Your consumer choice. I don't boycott Chick-fil-A but now if I have a choice between the 2 I might switch it up. YAY FREE MARKET!

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Kronke - 08-20-2019 01:58 PM

(08-20-2019 01:48 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  

In the past week, the alt-left has boycotted CVS, Home Depot, Equinox (and SoulCycle!), and Shell Oil. And that's that I know of since they all trended on twitter.

Mental illness is taking your business elsewhere because of the political affiliations of business owners? As if.

Good on your for not boycotting Popeye's. Your consumer choice. I don't boycott Chick-fil-A but now if I have a choice between the 2 I might switch it up. YAY FREE MARKET!

Yes, if you're researching the political leanings of every business you interact with, you have a problem.

Just curious, how does one go about boycotting Shell? Do you think that only Shell gas ends up at Shell stations? And vice versa? You'll probably use a dozen products today that Shell had a hand in without even knowing it.

Also, if you're participating in the CVS boycott, you may want to also make sure your health and/or life insurance isn't with Aetna.

https://cvshealth.com/aetna

Would you take it that far? A company that they had nothing to do with 6 month ago, suddenly you have a problem with, as well? 03-lmfao

It's all just so tiresome. Leftists are sucking the life out of this country. I personally have no interest in these emerging, parallel economies.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - 200yrs2late - 08-20-2019 02:03 PM

Popeye's is good, but it's no Chick-fil-a.

I feel the same way about it that I feel about comparing Bojangles to Chick-fil-a, it isn't necessarily that Bojangles isn't as good as Chick-fil-a, they're different kinds of good. Well, except on Sunday's. On Sunday's Bojangles sucks because it isn't Chick-fil-a and I really didn't have a choice.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - gdunn - 08-20-2019 02:04 PM

I haven’t had Popeyes in awhile. But CFA is hard to beat.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - JDTulane - 08-20-2019 02:06 PM

(08-20-2019 01:58 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

Yes, if you're researching the political leanings of every business you interact with, you have a problem.

Just curious, how does one go about boycotting Shell? Do you think that only Shell gas ends up at Shell stations? And vice versa? You'll probably use a dozen products today that Shell had a hand in without even knowing it.

Also, if you're participating in the CVS boycott, you may want to also make sure your health and/or life insurance isn't with Aetna.

Would you take it that far? A company that they had nothing to do with 6 month ago, suddenly you have a problem with, as well? 03-lmfao

It's all just so tiresome. Leftists are sucking the life out of this country. I personally have no interest in these emerging, parallel economies.

Stop pretending (lying imo) that boycotting companies is a liberal ideology. Disingenuous at best. Plenty of conservative groups and posters boycott all the time.

Examples, the thread about boycotting Gillette. Or the fb group 1 million moms.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - TigerBlue4Ever - 08-20-2019 02:07 PM

I like me some Popeye's cheerkin.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - SuperFlyBCat - 08-20-2019 02:09 PM

Are the leftists mad at Chick-fil-A because the CEO is against homo marriage? Parent company CEO of Popeyes is a practicing Catholic. I think we know the stance of the CC on homo marriage.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Jugnaut - 08-20-2019 02:12 PM

I will continue to eat both CFA and Popeyes. Great food.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - bobdizole - 08-20-2019 02:12 PM

(08-20-2019 01:43 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 01:41 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Yeah, local community leaders and the like. I think they require you to work in them, as well. That's why the odds of getting a franchise (for what I believe is at a cost of just $10,000) are like 1 in a million. It's an exclusive club, and it's why their brand is so pristine.

This is true. The also pay all start up costs(real estate, equipment, etc). However, they charge a 15% gross sales franchisee fee and keep 50% of pre-tax profit.

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - JDTulane - 08-20-2019 02:12 PM

(08-20-2019 02:09 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Are the leftists mad at Chick-fil-A because the CEO is against homo marriage? Parent company CEO of Popeyes is a practicing Catholic. I think we know the stance of the CC on homo marriage.

From the article (in case ya missed it 03-wink )

Quote:“The Huffington Post says Popeye’s doesn’t have a political action committee they can directly track, but the company chairman donates to Democratic politicians in Florida. He’s also a man of science, as he serves on the National Stem Cell Foundation to promote and fund research.”

The Popeyes website touts its commitment to “diversity and inclusion,” but it doesn’t specifically mention LGBTQ employees or customers. It lists three employee resource groups: the Popeyes Multi-Cultural Alliance, Popeyes Emerging Leaders Forum, and Popeyes Women’s Leadership Forum. So the company isn’t overtly pro-LGBTQ, but it isn’t overtly anti-LGBTQ either.

04-cheers

RE: Liberals Rejoice! An alternative to Chick-fil-a! - Kronke - 08-20-2019 02:13 PM

(08-20-2019 02:06 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 01:58 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(08-20-2019 01:42 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  There are threads from both sides of the aisle on this forum weekly with boycotts over companies. We vote with our wallets all the time. Don't pretend like you don't.

Stop pretending (lying imo) that boycotting companies is a liberal ideology. Disingenuous at best. Plenty of conservative groups and posters boycott all the time.

Examples, the thread about boycotting Gillette. Or the fb group 1 million moms.

It very much is a leftist ideology (saying "Republicans do it too", and then naming 1 example doesn't really wash), and they have taken it one step further as of late, where if they find out you have anything to do with the Trump administration, or you donated to Republicans, you're put on "the list".

I personally have no interest in these emerging, parallel economies. I hate Apple's politics, but I got my Apple card yesterday. It pairs with my Apple pay and iPhone insanely well, it's all so intuitive, and will make managing my credit a breeze. It's another great product from a great, American company.

The logical conclusion of all this is that the coasts could turn off the heartland's tech with a flip of a switch, and the heartland could starve the coasts within a month. Is that really what you want?