CSNbbs
Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+----- Forum: P5 Discussion (/forum-997.html)
+----- Thread: Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? (/thread-880685.html)

Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - Wedge - 08-14-2019 12:34 AM

Might have to sign up for HBO if this happens, even though it's not exactly "Hard Knocks"...

Quote:Washington State and its notoriously polarizing head coach, Mike Leach, could be the subjects of a new HBO program modeled around the network’s popular “Hard Knocks” docuseries.

DevilsDigest .com reported Tuesday morning HBO had chosen four college football programs – WSU, Arizona State, Penn State and Alabama – to be highlighted in a show that’ll air later this football season.

RE: Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - JRsec - 08-14-2019 01:23 PM

(08-14-2019 12:34 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Might have to sign up for HBO if this happens, even though it's not exactly "Hard Knocks"...

Quote:Washington State and its notoriously polarizing head coach, Mike Leach, could be the subjects of a new HBO program modeled around the network’s popular “Hard Knocks” docuseries.

DevilsDigest .com reported Tuesday morning HBO had chosen four college football programs – WSU, Arizona State, Penn State and Alabama – to be highlighted in a show that’ll air later this football season.

I like Leach! He's one of the last unabashed individualists left in corporately controlled America.

RE: Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - bullet - 08-14-2019 03:05 PM

(08-14-2019 01:23 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 12:34 AM)Wedge Wrote:  Might have to sign up for HBO if this happens, even though it's not exactly "Hard Knocks"...

I like Leach! He's one of the last unabashed individualists left in corporately controlled America.

He's an individualist and colorful, but he's a jerk. He makes our politicians look polite to each other by comparison.

RE: Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - JRsec - 08-14-2019 03:54 PM

(08-14-2019 03:05 PM)bullet Wrote:  

He's an individualist and colorful, but he's a jerk. He makes our politicians look polite to each other by comparison.
And he's chosen to pay a price for his right to speak freely. He's not in a job that is equal to his ability, and he has a certain degree of solitude because of it. You may not like him but I think he would say that he gets that, and doesn't care. So somewhere in between being a complete A-hole and being compliant lies a higher plateau of freedom. I believe that's where he believes he is and that's what he likes.

Why else would he love pirates?

RE: Mike Leach and Wazzu on "Hard Knocks"??? - bullet - 08-15-2019 07:24 PM

(08-14-2019 03:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 03:05 PM)bullet Wrote:  

And he's chosen to pay a price for his right to speak freely. He's not in a job that is equal to his ability, and he has a certain degree of solitude because of it. You may not like him but I think he would say that he gets that, and doesn't care. So somewhere in between being a complete A-hole and being compliant lies a higher plateau of freedom. I believe that's where he believes he is and that's what he likes.

Why else would he love pirates?

I saw a list of all time FBS coaches in wins recently. Tried to look it up again the other day when this thread came up but didn't readily find it. As I recall, he was surprisingly high. Don't remember exactly where, but I remember thinking his likely wins in the next couple of years would put him in pretty good company (either top 50 or top 30 all time).