CSNbbs
Who will be starting QB? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Who will be starting QB? (/thread-880547.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Who will be starting QB? - Beach Boy - 08-24-2019 05:32 PM

The wildcat was tremendously success at first, until teams figured it out. Now it never works.

RE: Who will be starting QB? - HawaiiToNIU - 08-24-2019 05:44 PM

(08-12-2019 10:02 PM)NIU84 Wrote:  And in a surprise move, Coach Hammock locates and signs Tommy Fiedler and names him the starting QB.

Lol. To be fair. That kid was a freshman walk on. With no business starting. He could have been decent with 2-3 years on the sidelines. He was pretty good at Lyons.

RE: Who will be starting QB? - klake87 - 08-24-2019 06:25 PM

(08-24-2019 05:44 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(08-12-2019 10:02 PM)NIU84 Wrote:  And in a surprise move, Coach Hammock locates and signs Tommy Fiedler and names him the starting QB.

Lol. To be fair. That kid was a freshman walk on. With no business starting. He could have been decent with 2-3 years on the sidelines. He was pretty good at Lyons.

Under circumstances, he did an incredible

Who will be starting QB? - Stay Cool - 08-24-2019 06:46 PM

Smart money says Bowers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Who will be starting QB? - klake87 - 08-24-2019 07:19 PM

I am hoping it is Bowers because he I'd much better not just a coin flip

RE: Who will be starting QB? - bikechuck - 08-24-2019 07:37 PM

(08-24-2019 05:16 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  
(08-24-2019 12:41 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(08-24-2019 12:31 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  I’m guessing Hammock told all his players to tell everyone that the QB competition is up in the air. He wants the opponents to to keep studying Childers and Bowers films. I’m hopeful that Bowers has been developing with his new teammates the entire time. I wouldn’t hate for Childers to come in five or six times a game to run the wildcat...

I hope that Bowers starts and is the clear number one and I hope that we have enough game situations where our number two (presumsbly Childers) can get some meaningful snaps in case they are needed which is very possible.

I do not like bringing in a guy to "run the wildcat" as our opponent will know what we are running anytime they set foot on the field. If and when our number two sees the field I hope the full playbook remains in play.
Jordan Lynch did that his sophomore year and it was needed in the bowl game when Harnish was Injured.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You are correct, Lynch was used in that manner his sophomore year and nearly every time he came on the field it was to run the ball. I did not like it very much at the time because I thought that our opponents knew what was coming when he saw the field. However he was an exceptional athlete and they made it work. I do not expect that Childers would be as effective in that role.

RE: Who will be starting QB? - Teamduh - 08-24-2019 07:55 PM

(08-24-2019 07:37 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(08-24-2019 12:31 PM)badmoonrising13 Wrote:  I’m guessing Hammock told all his players to tell everyone that the QB competition is up in the air. He wants the opponents to to keep studying Childers and Bowers films. I’m hopeful that Bowers has been developing with his new teammates the entire time. I wouldn’t hate for Childers to come in five or six times a game to run the wildcat...

I hope that Bowers starts and is the clear number one and I hope that we have enough game situations where our number two (presumsbly Childers) can get some meaningful snaps in case they are needed which is very possible.

I do not like bringing in a guy to "run the wildcat" as our opponent will know what we are running anytime they set foot on the field. If and when our number two sees the field I hope the full playbook remains in play.
Jordan Lynch did that his sophomore year and it was needed in the bowl game when Harnish was Injured.

You are correct, Lynch was used in that manner his sophomore year and nearly every time he came on the field it was to run the ball. I did not like it very much at the time because I thought that our opponents knew what was coming when he saw the field. However he was an exceptional athlete and they made it work. I do not expect that Childers would be as effective in that role.
Agreed. Didn't work last year either.

RE: Who will be starting QB? - BDB5yp - 08-24-2019 09:23 PM

(08-24-2019 07:55 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  
(08-24-2019 07:37 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  

Agreed. Didn't work last year either.

Carey’s biggest problem was that he was trying to find another Lynch, and run a Lynch like playbook,but there won’t be another Lynch like player at NIU for a while.