CSNbbs
ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? (/thread-880271.html)

ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - arkstfan - 08-06-2019 01:10 AM

Apparently none of the ATT networks have CBSSN right now. On Direct guide says to be announced with sports multi channel on there. Not like my local nexstar stations where there is a screen explaining.

This looks more like not currently planning to restore it.

CBS supposedly doing good business selling All Access subscriptions in cities where CBS affiliates are blacked out in the carriage dispute. Shame you can’t bundle CBSSN. I’d consider it come 2020 when Picard premiers and they finally get me to sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - MissouriStateBears - 08-07-2019 03:08 PM

Noticed this on my Direct TV package and my dad's.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Attackcoog - 08-07-2019 03:19 PM

Same on U-verse.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - sctvman - 08-07-2019 03:47 PM

It’ll be back whenever CBS signs their deal with DirecTV. Probably right before football starts.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - spenser - 08-07-2019 04:50 PM

(08-07-2019 03:47 PM)sctvman Wrote:  It’ll be back whenever CBS signs their deal with DirecTV. Probably right before football starts.

As an AT&T employee all the information we are getting is that negotiations have stopped and we have no plans to negotiate with them again.

CBS is asking for more than twice the carriage rate that any other company gets.

AT&T just invested over half a million to help LoCast get more local channels in major media markets and have the App on all of our boxes, si that we can undercut carriage fees in future years.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - TexanMark - 08-07-2019 05:24 PM

YouTube TV carries it.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Attackcoog - 08-07-2019 05:32 PM

CBS is still playing normally on Uverse---but not CBS-Sports Network.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-07-2019 06:18 PM

CBS SN, from a football standpoint, is pretty depressing. Their last main dish was Arena Football before they nearly folded (again) and Ron Jaworski bailed the league out. Do you have any idea how comical it is to have playoff commentary on a four team Arena league? So who's making the playoffs this year? Everyone. BTW that year the team that only won one regular season game stormed the playoff bracket and won the title. I think CBS SN also carries some C-USA games? So if you wanna watch Middle Tennessee that's great.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 08-07-2019 06:22 PM

(08-07-2019 06:18 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  CBS SN, from a football standpoint, is pretty depressing. Their last main dish was Arena Football before they nearly folded (again) and Ron Jaworski bailed the league out. Do you have any idea how comical it is to have playoff commentary on a four team Arena league? So who's making the playoffs this year? Everyone. BTW that year the team that only won one regular season game stormed the playoff bracket and won the title. I think CBS SN also carries some C-USA games? So if you wanna watch Middle Tennessee that's great.

Huh? CBSSN puts out the best in-game production of any college football channel besides CBS.

As a CFB fan, I’m very grateful for CBSSN. If I wanted a depressing FB channel, I’d watch an ESPN telecast where the announcers don’t know the players on the screen and half the discussion is about some bland factory program.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-07-2019 06:41 PM

(08-07-2019 06:22 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(08-07-2019 06:18 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  CBS SN, from a football standpoint, is pretty depressing. Their last main dish was Arena Football before they nearly folded (again) and Ron Jaworski bailed the league out. Do you have any idea how comical it is to have playoff commentary on a four team Arena league? So who's making the playoffs this year? Everyone. BTW that year the team that only won one regular season game stormed the playoff bracket and won the title. I think CBS SN also carries some C-USA games? So if you wanna watch Middle Tennessee that's great.

Huh? CBSSN puts out the best in-game production of any college football channel besides CBS.

As a CFB fan, I’m very grateful for CBSSN. If I wanted a depressing FB channel, I’d watch an ESPN telecast where the announcers don’t know the players on the screen and half the discussion is about some bland factory program.

Midweek MACtion and Fun Belt don't count. And the best coverage was ESPN Goal Line back when they actually made an effort and went noon to midnight eastern. If I had to rank actual coverage crews in all seriousness I'd put the CBS SN crew behind a randomly sampled Raycom RSN crew. CBS SN is better than getting bad luck from ESPN in the form of Pam Ward. Worst overall crew at any level is any crew that has that basketball UCLA white haired old alumni as part of it. He did the PAC-12 game in China and tends to do PAC-12 hoops games for ESPN. He makes Pam Ward sound like Boomer. He utterly ruins any broadcast he is a part of.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Attackcoog - 08-07-2019 06:47 PM

As of this year---they have first tier Mountain West games along with assorted CUSA, MAC, and AAC games. Unless they can work a new deal to sublicense AAC games for ESPN---they will lose their AAC inventory next year. So, basically---after next year my concern over having CBS-Sports Network will be less intense. I'd still like to be able to catch the stuff they will have in 2020 (and beyond), but it wont drive my cable carrier decision in 2020 like it will this year.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - TexanMark - 08-07-2019 06:51 PM

The channel is a nice change of pace on a football Saturday

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 08-07-2019 06:53 PM

(08-07-2019 06:41 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(08-07-2019 06:22 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  

Midweek MACtion and Fun Belt don't count. And the best coverage was ESPN Goal Line back when they actually made an effort and went noon to midnight eastern. If I had to rank actual coverage crews in all seriousness I'd put the CBS SN crew behind a randomly sampled Raycom RSN crew. CBS SN is better than getting bad luck from ESPN in the form of Pam Ward. Worst overall crew at any level is any crew that has that basketball UCLA white haired old alumni as part of it. He did the PAC-12 game in China and tends to do PAC-12 hoops games for ESPN. He makes Pam Ward sound like Boomer. He utterly ruins any broadcast he is a part of.

The pinnacle of the sports television experience.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - MWC Tex - 08-07-2019 07:41 PM

(08-07-2019 06:51 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  The channel is a nice change of pace on a football Saturday

It just sucks that they are not on the lower tiers of the TV packages.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - solohawks - 08-07-2019 08:44 PM

Yeah CBS sport network and Pop TV get tied in with CBS Network in terms of negotiations. Since CBS for is asking for a big increase for CBS network while also offering CBS All Access directly to consumers, providers like Dish and AT&T are saying thanks. If consumers miss CBS they can add it directly themselves via antenna or CBS All access so there is no need to switch, and CBS doesnt have quality cable channles that consumers will demand. That may change if/when they get the Viacom merger complete, but as of now there is no reason to pay CBS the fees they are asking

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Pervis_Griffith - 08-07-2019 08:51 PM

CBS SN's college basketball highlight show is top notch.

As a DirecTV subscriber, I hope they get things squared by then.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - sctvman - 08-07-2019 09:52 PM

It will probably be back by the first or very latest second Sunday of the NFL season. Considering CBS is O&O in New York, Miami, Baltimore and LA, all with games the first weekend, people will be extremely mad since bars rely on DirecTV for their teams.

Week 2 they have Boston, Miami, LA, Detroit, New York (the Giants), and the Bay Area. Week 3 is the first DH of the year.

CBSSN does have some decent college basketball. They are the only channel carrying any CAA games + they carry A-10 + C-USA + Mountain West.

But other than college football and basketball season, the channel is pretty much a bear. Adam Schein’s show at 6 ET, non-exclusive WNBA, Big 3 coverage that doesn’t air on CBS, PBR, shoulder programs, and 10 hours of simulcast radio programs daily.

No wonder the channel isn’t rated by Nielsen. Most of the day they probably struggle to get 5 figures in viewers. But what they do show is quality, especially that college basketball studio show.

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - Rube Dali - 08-08-2019 08:05 AM

CBS and AT&T have reached a new deal, restoring CBS O&O's and CBSSN back to DIRECTV among other highlights:
https://www.cbscorporation.com/cbs-and-att-joint-statement-on-reaching-new-content-carriage-agreement/

RE: ATT dumps CBS Sports Net? - georgia_tech_swagger - 08-08-2019 03:09 PM

CBS owns the Smithsonian Channel? I wouldn't have called that. Somebody has to at least make an attempt at genuine educational programming on cable since History and Discovery Networks have thrown it all overboard. Even Discovery Science is light on content these days. And the military channel has less world conflict history and more "look at the shiny new toys" than you might think as well.