CSNbbs
McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+------ Forum: The Dan Burgardt Memorial Bronco Football Forum (/forum-489.html)
+------ Thread: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... (/thread-880134.html)

McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - PezKingGL1 - 08-02-2019 07:17 PM

To win a few games and get the eff out of Mt. P.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/os-sp-uf-brian-edwards-arrest-20190507-p7gjvnt2frga7gtaepebdawfuq-story.html

This dude is strongly rumored to be enrolled at CMU.

Also from delusion.com

"By my estimation, that would put 6 starters on the team that came from P5 schools. Of those 6, 5 are new this year. "

This method of building could work or backfire in a bad way. I guess they have had players kill people so what's a little battery.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - ColinApocalypse - 08-02-2019 07:33 PM

Imagine my surprise.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - flushtheherd - 08-02-2019 07:38 PM

CMU

The D1 version of last chance U.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - wmubroncopilot - 08-02-2019 08:13 PM

Nothing new at CMU.

Unfortunately I highly suspect he's going to win quite a few games there. Probably won't be around too long though.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - PezKingGL1 - 08-02-2019 08:28 PM

(08-02-2019 08:13 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  Nothing new at CMU.

Unfortunately I highly suspect he's going to win quite a few games there. Probably won't be around too long though.

I'll believe it when i see it.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - ColinApocalypse - 08-02-2019 09:37 PM

(08-02-2019 08:28 PM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 08:13 PM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  Nothing new at CMU.

I'll believe it when i see it.

+1

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - okgc - 08-03-2019 04:05 PM

Central Michigan Life - Former Florida DB Brian Edwards transfers to Central Michigan

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/08/brian-edwards-central-michigan-football-transfer-florida-defensive-back-jim-mcelwain-chippewas-story

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - PezKingGL1 - 10-08-2019 06:10 PM

Add steroids to the list....

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - PezKingGL1 - 11-26-2019 10:34 AM

http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/11/central-michigan-football-brian-edwards-jailed-isabella-county-jail-arrested-chippewas-defensive-back-disorderly-person-police-story

Weird..... kid obviously has issues. Hopefully he can straighten out.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - RunningGame - 11-26-2019 11:02 AM

(11-26-2019 10:34 AM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/11/central-michigan-football-brian-edwards-jailed-isabella-county-jail-arrested-chippewas-defensive-back-disorderly-person-police-story

Our transfers come because they just wanted to play more. They've been solid additions to the team.

I get that he recruited the kid, but McElwain just strikes me as a guy who will leave you embarrassed to be a fan. WMU has had a few problems over the years of course, but there has been no tolerance of it going back to Darnell, and I've never felt embarrassed to be a fan of this program.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - r7carlsn24 - 11-26-2019 02:24 PM

(11-26-2019 11:02 AM)RunningGame Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 10:34 AM)PezKingGL1 Wrote:  http://www.cm-life.com/article/2019/11/central-michigan-football-brian-edwards-jailed-isabella-county-jail-arrested-chippewas-defensive-back-disorderly-person-police-story

Our transfers come because they just wanted to play more. They've been solid additions to the team.

I get that he recruited the kid, but McElwain just strikes me as a guy who will leave you embarrassed to be a fan. WMU has had a few problems over the years of course, but there has been no tolerance of it going back to Darnell, and I've never felt embarrassed to be a fan of this program.

There is nothing that McElwain has done during his time in Mt. Pleasant to make me embarrassed as a fan. I wasn't thrilled with the decision to bring on Edwards, but all I know is what I was able to read. The charges were dropped so I have to trust that the coach did his research. As for the most recent incident, it was not a criminal issue, but clearly shows this young man may have some issues with his mental health. I would recommend he take some time away from practicing to make sure he can get the help he needs.

There are very few D1 coaches, perhaps none, who don't have some type of skeleton in the closet or history of players issues/arrests during their time as a coach. WMU has had issues in the past and so has CMU, it's bound to happen when dealing with 18-22 year old kids.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - RunningGame - 11-26-2019 03:00 PM

(11-26-2019 02:24 PM)r7carlsn24 Wrote:  

There is nothing that McElwain has done during his time in Mt. Pleasant to make me embarrassed as a fan. I wasn't thrilled with the decision to bring on Edwards, but all I know is what I was able to read. The charges were dropped so I have to trust that the coach did his research. As for the most recent incident, it was not a criminal issue, but clearly shows this young man may have some issues with his mental health. I would recommend he take some time away from practicing to make sure he can get the help he needs.

There are very few D1 coaches, perhaps none, who don't have some type of skeleton in the closet or history of players issues/arrests during their time as a coach. WMU has had issues in the past and so has CMU, it's bound to happen when dealing with 18-22 year old kids.

I try not to be overly harsh to CMU fans on this board, but come on. As I said, WMU has had players who had issues, but there was no tolerance of it and offenders have been tossed quickly. CMU lets thieves play after a few missed games! Does the name Thomas Rawls ring a bell? CMU's football program had a little issue with, uh, murder a few years back.

McElwain has an executive walk-in closet full of skeletons—some of them shamble about the house. Tim Lester may have a femur someone tossed in the bushes in his backyard.

I'm embarrassed for you.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - r7carlsn24 - 11-26-2019 04:07 PM

(11-26-2019 03:00 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  

I try not to be overly harsh to CMU fans on this board, but come on. As I said, WMU has had players who had issues, but there was no tolerance of it and offenders have been tossed quickly. CMU lets thieves play after a few missed games! Does the name Thomas Rawls ring a bell? CMU's football program had a little issue with, uh, murder a few years back.

McElwain has an executive walk-in closet full of skeletons—some of them shamble about the house. Tim Lester may have a femur someone tossed in the bushes in his backyard.

I'm embarrassed for you.

You specifically mentioned being embarrassed by McElwain, not about things that Enos or Kelly did. Both of those issues are embarrassing, one infinitely more than the other.

I don't keep track of off field issues for other schools, nor have I taken the time to research, but I would imagine there's a good chance that at some point in time, WMU has had players suspended or arrested that have rejoined the team.

RE: McElwain doing whatever it takes.... - WMU2013 - 11-26-2019 04:10 PM

(11-26-2019 04:07 PM)r7carlsn24 Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 03:00 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  

I'm embarrassed for you.

You specifically mentioned being embarrassed by McElwain, not about things that Enos or Kelly did. Both of those issues are embarrassing, one infinitely more than the other.

I don't keep track of off field issues for other schools, nor have I taken the time to research, but I would imagine there's a good chance that at some point in time, WMU has had players suspended or arrested that have rejoined the team.

McElwain will do all he can to win, he wants out of CMU ASAP.