CSNbbs
Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 (/thread-879281.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Tigers2B1 - 07-16-2019 07:39 PM

At media days Aresco talk about how the B1G scheduled with 11 teams. Something about two permanent intra-conference opponents and then a rotation of intra-conference opponents after that. If we adopt this I'm curious how do we optimize, for the conference's sake, those two permanent match ups. Geography is not a strong point of this conference. There are no real existing rivalries outside of UCF and USF. There does however has to be a best or better way to do this... over picking two out of a hat. I'd be interested in hearing ideas.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - chess - 07-16-2019 07:42 PM

Oh- UCF and ECU have some history. USF and ECU can be bitter, too.

My assumption is that ECU would get Temple and UCF or UCF and USF. or Cinncinati and Temple.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - uofmlimbo - 07-16-2019 08:41 PM

With recent success, I say Memphis-Houston are rival teams.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - canewton - 07-16-2019 09:09 PM

(07-16-2019 08:41 PM)uofmlimbo Wrote:  With recent success, I say Memphis-Houston are rival teams.

My preference would by UH v SMU & Tulane, but we'll probably get UH v SMU & Tulsa because of teh rivalry.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - bearcatlawjd2 - 07-16-2019 09:12 PM

Cincinnati vs USF and Memphis.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Foreverandever - 07-16-2019 09:16 PM

(07-16-2019 07:39 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  At media days Aresco talk about how the B1G scheduled with 11 teams. Something about two permanent intra-conference opponents and then a rotation of intra-conference opponents after that. If we adopt this I'm curious how do we optimize, for the conference's sake, those two permanent match ups. Geography is not a strong point of this conference. There are no real existing rivalries outside of UCF and USF. There does however has to be a best or better way to do this... over picking two out of a hat. I'd be interested in hearing ideas.

So just going off the top of my head.

Tulsa vs SMU and Houston
SMU vs Tulsa and Navy
Houston vs Tulane and Tulsa
Tulane vs Houston and ECU
Memphis vs Cincinatti and UCF
Navy vs SMU and USF
Cincinatti vs Memphis and Temple
Temple vs Cincinatti and ECU
ECU vs Temple and Tulane
USF vs UCF and Navy
UCF vs Memphis and USF

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - NBPirate - 07-16-2019 09:16 PM

For ECU, I’d guess Navy and Temple

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - 8BitPirate - 07-16-2019 09:20 PM

uconn and Hitachi can be permanent football opponents.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - ArmoredUpKnight - 07-16-2019 09:30 PM

UCF’s Natural Fits

1. UCF-USF: War on I-4
2. UCF-ECU: Lots of history
3. UCF-Houston: Space themes
4. UCF-Memphis: UCF’s longest running win streak

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - BullsFanInTX - 07-16-2019 09:36 PM

USF vs. UCF and Cincinnati or ECU

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Chappy - 07-16-2019 09:40 PM

I would want Temple and UCF. We’ll probably get Houston and SMU.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - MemphisMojo - 07-16-2019 09:59 PM

Memphis -Tulane and Cinncinnati

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - NoQuarterBrigade - 07-16-2019 10:35 PM

(07-16-2019 07:39 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  At media days Aresco talk about how the B1G scheduled with 11 teams. Something about two permanent intra-conference opponents and then a rotation of intra-conference opponents after that. If we adopt this I'm curious how do we optimize, for the conference's sake, those two permanent match ups. Geography is not a strong point of this conference. There are no real existing rivalries outside of UCF and USF. There does however has to be a best or better way to do this... over picking two out of a hat. I'd be interested in hearing ideas.

(07-16-2019 09:40 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I would want Temple and UCF. We’ll probably get Houston and SMU.
That’s what I would want too (Temple and UCF). I was thinking we would probably get Tulane and Tulsa. I like the idea though.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Foreverandever - 07-16-2019 10:52 PM

(07-16-2019 10:35 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  

(07-16-2019 09:40 PM)Chappy Wrote:  I would want Temple and UCF. We’ll probably get Houston and SMU.
That’s what I would want too (Temple and UCF). I was thinking we would probably get Tulane and Tulsa. I like the idea though.

Ok
So how about

Tulsa vs SMU and Houston
SMU vs Navy and Tulsa
Houston vs Tulsa and Tulane
Tulane vs Memphis and Houston
Memphis vs Tulane and Cincinnati
ECU vs Temple and UCF
UCF vs ECU and USF
USF vs UCF and Navy
Navy vs SMU and USF

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Foreverandever - 07-16-2019 11:02 PM

Or more likely

Tulsa vs Tulane and Houston
Tulane vs Tulsa and USF
USF vs Tulane and UCF
UCF vs USF and ECU
ECU vs UCF and Navy
Navy vs ECU and Temple
Temple vs Navy and Cincy
Cincinnati vs Temple and Memphis
Memphis vs Cincinatti and SMU
SMU vs Memphis and Houston
Houston vs SMU and Tulsa

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - NoQuarterBrigade - 07-16-2019 11:11 PM

(07-16-2019 10:52 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 10:35 PM)NoQuarterBrigade Wrote:  

Ok
So how about

Tulsa vs SMU and Houston
SMU vs Navy and Tulsa
Houston vs Tulsa and Tulane
Tulane vs Memphis and Houston
Memphis vs Tulane and Cincinnati
ECU vs Temple and UCF
UCF vs ECU and USF
USF vs UCF and Navy
Navy vs SMU and USF

I like it.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2e9c547151726741...=giphy.gif]

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Bearcats#1 - 07-17-2019 06:39 AM

Cincinnati

not

Cincinatti

I would expect more out of a Tulsa person. Then again, maybe I wouldn't....

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - TIGERCITY - 07-17-2019 07:21 AM

Since there aren't any real rivalries accept UCF USF, I think they'll do the matchups based on what makes the most financial sense. Right now, for Memphis, I think the biggest TV draw would be Memphis vs UCF in Memphis vs Houston. Actually I think those two matchups would be two of the biggest draws in the conference right now. They can call them permanent but these can be changed whenever it makes sense to.

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Def Berkkat - 07-17-2019 07:24 AM

UConn - UMass & Yale

RE: Aresco mentioned two permanent football opponents if we stay at 11 - Tigers2B1 - 07-17-2019 08:11 AM

(07-17-2019 07:21 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Since there aren't any real rivalries accept UCF USF, I think they'll do the matchups based on what makes the most financial sense. Right now, for Memphis, I think the biggest TV draw would be Memphis vs UCF in Memphis vs Houston. Actually I think those two matchups would be two of the biggest draws in the conference right now. They can call them permanent but these can be changed whenever it makes sense to.

if the idea is to draw eyeballs that would not otherwise watch I think UCF and Houston or Cincinnati are really no-brainers for Memphis.