CSNbbs
Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN (/thread-879227.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - gulfcoastgal - 07-16-2019 08:19 AM

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - 8BitPirate - 07-16-2019 08:57 AM

Hard to find a school that crappy...

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - everyone - 07-16-2019 09:05 AM

See you guys next summer...it's been real.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Def Berkkat - 07-16-2019 09:24 AM

There's nobody TO pick.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Kit-Cat - 07-16-2019 09:32 AM

No point right now if the AAC is going to lose 3 to realignment in the next 5 years.

They can rebuild to 10 later to keep the money split tight.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - bearcatlawjd2 - 07-16-2019 09:34 AM

Or were not going to do anything until we finalize UConn’s exit, see how ESPN treats the TV deal, and attempt to persuade the other conferences to deregulate conference championship games.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Tiger1983 - 07-16-2019 09:39 AM

I believe Aresco communicated with ESPN before making his statement about staying at 11. It means, to me, UConn's departure will have minimal effect on the media deal. I am curious about the specific figures.

I do not think going to 12 is dead. The wavier may not be approved or legislation passed and the AAC will have to decide if adding a member is better than the hassle of 11 membership without the wavier (e.g., buyouts).

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - SMUleopold - 07-16-2019 09:39 AM

Probably the right call.

Aresco once again shows his worth.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - 2Buck - 07-16-2019 09:41 AM

All part of the plan, a few more years and we'll be ready...

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - TripleA - 07-16-2019 09:43 AM

(07-16-2019 09:39 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  I believe Aresco communicated with ESPN before making his statement about staying at 11. It means, to me, UConn's departure will have minimal effect on the media deal. I am curious about the specific figures.

UConn leaving is going to have ZERO effect on the deal. We either stay at $7M each, with UConn's share deleted (likely), or we all split up UConn's share, which makes us more money.

Worse case is we stay right where we were if UConn didn't leave, but we have one less drag on our SOS. Win for us.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Reggie Favre - 07-16-2019 10:02 AM

What was his exact statement / words? If he said "no plans", that doesn't mean jack squat. Thats just him saying, "I am not going to discuss this" , without completely lieing. No plans means just that. Its ambiguous and a way to answer the question (which i did not hear the question, if there was one), or appear to provide info, without really giving the goods. Its like someone saying, "I have no plans for lunch today". Damn well know youre gonna eat, you just dont have plans for it.

Now, if he were to say, the AAC will not be adding a 12th team and will be staying at 11 teams through the 20XX season, then thats different and actually saying something. Otherwise, the AAC still may be adding a 12th team.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Tiger1983 - 07-16-2019 10:09 AM

(07-16-2019 10:02 AM)Reggie Favre Wrote:  What was his exact statement / words? If he said "no plans", that doesn't mean jack squat. Thats just him saying, "I am not going to discuss this" , without completely lieing. No plans means just that. Its ambiguous and a way to answer the question (which i did not hear the question, if there was one), or appear to provide info, without really giving the goods. Its like someone saying, "I have no plans for lunch today". Damn well know youre gonna eat, you just dont have plans for it.

Now, if he were to say, the AAC will not be adding a 12th team and will be staying at 11 teams through the 20XX season, then thats different and actually saying something. Otherwise, the AAC still may be adding a 12th team.

Adding a 12th member is clearly the last option because the schools offering value are not interested in joining.

Fans of about 94% of G4 schools should be prepared for disappointment if they are pinning their hopes on AAC membership.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - AGuyIn_Water - 07-16-2019 10:10 AM

I think it is a very good decision to stay 11. Big 10 has done that before and there is just not a qualified team to replace UConn. Let's build this conference step by step with no short cuts.

Hope Tulane make a bowl game and ECU Football comes back with same strong fan supports like ole times.

And the rest of the league make a strong case in OOC games.

And for UCF? Undefeated again!

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - TIGERCITY - 07-16-2019 10:12 AM

If the NCAA doesn't Grant the waiver we will be adding 1 more to 12 teams in my opinion. The ny6 bowl is too much money to leave on the table.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - bearcatlawjd2 - 07-16-2019 10:19 AM

(07-16-2019 10:12 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  If the NCAA doesn't Grant the waiver we will be adding 1 more to 12 teams in my opinion. The ny6 bowl is too much money to leave on the table.

NY6 bowl has zero to with this.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - TIGERCITY - 07-16-2019 10:21 AM

(07-16-2019 10:19 AM)bearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 10:12 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  If the NCAA doesn't Grant the waiver we will be adding 1 more to 12 teams in my opinion. The ny6 bowl is too much money to leave on the table.

NY6 bowl has zero to with this.

How's that? You really think we're going to play 10 conference games?

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - Foreverandever - 07-16-2019 10:22 AM

Ny6 is highest ranked G5 champ, no Conference Championship Game is required.

We can play division round robin with uneven divisions and still have the ccg, no waiver needed.

We may go to 12 but have no compelling reason to at this moment. It seems likely any change will come a year or two down the road IF it happens.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - dcg141 - 07-16-2019 10:23 AM

So BYU and Army said "not interested".

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - TIGERCITY - 07-16-2019 10:27 AM

(07-16-2019 10:22 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Ny6 is highest ranked G5 champ, no Conference Championship Game is required.

We can play division round robin with uneven divisions and still have the ccg, no waiver needed.

We may go to 12 but have no compelling reason to at this moment. It seems likely any change will come a year or two down the road IF it happens.

And a waiver is to request an exemption from a round-robin determination of the champion. Right? Without a waiver and without a round robin conference schedule we won't have a recognized champion for NY6. That's my understanding and the reason we're requesting this waiver to begin with.

RE: Aresco - no plans to replace UCONN - TIGERCITY - 07-16-2019 10:29 AM

In other words if we don't get a waiver I think we'll add a 12th before we play 10 Conference games.