CSNbbs
NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player (/thread-879039.html)

NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - goofus - 07-12-2019 01:03 PM

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2845339-report-nfl-owners-propose-18-game-schedule-with-limit-of-16-games-per-player.amp.html

I would like the record show that I proposed this idea a long time ago, so of course I think it's a great idea.

I also believe there should be no exceptions for QB's or kickers. It just makes things more interesting strategy wise.

Rosters could be expanded to 54 players and then have 6 players officially sitting out each week. A player can only officially "sit out" 2 times a season. All players will be limited to 16 regular season games a year.

RE: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - Wedge - 07-12-2019 01:51 PM

What they should do instead is have an 18 week regular season with each team having 16 games and 2 off weeks.

But, the lure of money tilts things in the direction of 18 games. Just a matter of the owners being a tiny bit less piggish and putting enough money on the table for the union to ok it. The NFLPA is very poorly run and never drives a hard bargain for the players, so it will only take a little sweetening of the pot.

RE: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - Fighting Muskie - 07-16-2019 07:47 PM

My preference is 17 games--8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral.

That gives the league 16 games a year to play internationally or in non-NFL domestic markets. That's how you build the brand globally without the headache of a permanent team abroad.

RE: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - vandiver49 - 07-17-2019 08:30 AM

(07-16-2019 07:47 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  My preference is 17 games--8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral.

That gives the league 16 games a year to play internationally or in non-NFL domestic markets. That's how you build the brand globally without the headache of a permanent team abroad.

I'm down with this plan as well. No team is screwed out of a home game and as you mentioned, you don't have to worry about basing a team abroad. I'd throw in an extra bye week as well.

RE: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - Fighting Muskie - 07-17-2019 08:19 PM

(07-17-2019 08:30 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 07:47 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  My preference is 17 games--8 home, 8 away, 1 neutral.

I'm down with this plan as well. No team is screwed out of a home game and as you mentioned, you don't have to worry about basing a team abroad. I'd throw in an extra bye week as well.

No fan bases get screwed and I think the 16 international games could be huge earners. Places like London, Toronto, Mexico City, Australia, China, and elsewhere get a taste of the NFL, potentially multiple times per year.

RE: NFL Proposes 18-Game Schedule with Limit of 16 Games Per Player - EvilVodka - 07-21-2019 04:58 PM

I think the NFL needs more preseason games

at least 10