CSNbbs
Soccer field - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Soccer field (/thread-878837.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Soccer field - FMRocket - 07-08-2019 05:32 PM

Driving thru campus and I noticed the lights are up. Four standards in each corner with the same type of angled/fixtures high tech lighting that is utilized over at the Perrysburg HS football complex. It will be nice, and also very BRIGHT ...
- Sorry no pics, they are still working on the underlay for the field turf... This stadium, when completed, will definitely be a shot in the arm for the soccer program. I would also imagine that Jason Candle will take full use of a new lighted field turf for practice purposes being right outside the Fetterman. Probably, only when available...
Now, hopefully on to the GB for the finishing touches...
Ribbon board/new lights...

RE: Soccer field - emanoh - 07-08-2019 06:00 PM

(07-08-2019 05:32 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  Driving thru campus and I noticed the lights are up. Four standards in each corner with the same type of angled/fixtures high tech lighting that is utilized over at the Perrysburg HS football complex. It will be nice, and also very BRIGHT ...
- Sorry no pics, they are still working on the underlay for the field turf... This stadium, when completed, will definitely be a shot in the arm for the soccer program. I would also imagine that Jason Candle will take full use of a new lighted field turf for practice purposes being right outside the Fetterman. Probably, only when available...
I doubt the football team sees this field. They have Fetterman or the glass bowl if they want to practice under the lights. And I assume they still use the intramural fields for grass practice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RE: Soccer field - DetroitRocket - 07-08-2019 06:16 PM

(07-08-2019 06:00 PM)emanoh Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 05:32 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  Driving thru campus and I noticed the lights are up. Four standards in each corner with the same type of angled/fixtures high tech lighting that is utilized over at the Perrysburg HS football complex. It will be nice, and also very BRIGHT ...
I doubt the football team sees this field. They have Fetterman or the glass bowl if they want to practice under the lights. And I assume they still use the intramural fields for grass practice.

The band might use it.

RE: Soccer field - Carolina Rocket - 07-09-2019 04:37 PM

(07-08-2019 06:16 PM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

The band might use it.

Wouldn't they want something striped for football?

RE: Soccer field - eastisbest - 07-09-2019 05:17 PM

(07-09-2019 04:37 PM)Carolina Rocket Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 05:32 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  ..I would also imagine that Jason Candle will take full use of a new lighted field turf for practice purposes being right outside the Fetterman. Probably, only when available...

The band might use it.

Do clubs and student organizations normally have access to varsity fields? Maybe integration in some way with Student Rec might be in the cards. Frisbee, other stuff. A walkway through the woods would make the connection fairly convenient.

RE: Soccer field - T4C8 - 07-09-2019 09:02 PM

Lights are really good news. Hopefully that means Friday 3pm games will be no more

RE: Soccer field - inductchuck16 - 07-09-2019 09:17 PM

(07-09-2019 05:17 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 05:32 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  ..I would also imagine that Jason Candle will take full use of a new lighted field turf for practice purposes being right outside the Fetterman. Probably, only when available...

The band might use it.

Do clubs and student organizations normally have access to varsity fields? Maybe integration in some way with Student Rec might be in the cards. Frisbee, other stuff. A walkway through the woods would make the connection fairly convenient.

That’s a good idea. Easier access to the stadium and the rec for the students, plus if done right, would provide a unique touch to campus.

RE: Soccer field - DetroitRocket - 07-25-2019 04:55 PM

Photo from Toledo Soccer twitter.

[Image: EAUoBQdXUAIPavw?format=jpg&name=small]

RE: Soccer field - northcoastRocket - 07-26-2019 06:11 PM

Updated photo

RE: Soccer field - DetroitRocket - 07-26-2019 08:25 PM

(07-26-2019 06:11 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Updated photo

Looks great. I like how they did the transition strip from the field to the track.

RE: Soccer field - stpeterocketfan - 07-28-2019 09:56 AM

It looks like the field has a name on it, but I cant tell what it says even when enlarging the photo? Maybe someone had some naming rights?

RE: Soccer field - eastisbest - 07-28-2019 01:47 PM

(07-28-2019 09:56 AM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  It looks like the field has a name on it, but I cant tell what it says even when enlarging the photo? Maybe someone had some naming rights?

Paul something. Paul Block?

RE: Soccer field - eastisbest - 07-28-2019 01:49 PM

(07-28-2019 01:47 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(07-28-2019 09:56 AM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  It looks like the field has a name on it, but I cant tell what it says even when enlarging the photo? Maybe someone had some naming rights?

Paul something. Paul Block?

Paul Hotmer. Made a big sports donation not long ago.

RE: Soccer field - UofToledoFans - 07-28-2019 06:16 PM

He turf isn't pinned down yet. Looks good so far tho. The lights are also unique... Solar maybe? The bridge is coming along as well. North of the Ottawa a ton of grass and concrete is pulled up. No clue what they're doing over there.

RE: Soccer field - indianasniff - 07-29-2019 07:50 AM

The north side of the bridge was to get reworked to be ADA compliant. The former approaches were too steep.

RE: Soccer field - PaulJ - 07-29-2019 08:57 AM

(07-29-2019 07:50 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  The north side of the bridge was to get reworked to be ADA compliant. The former approaches were too steep.

Also on the north side adding an overlook facing the river, and from the sidewalk along the existing gravel path leading to the river a kayak launch is being added. A bank ATM is also being added to that location.

RE: Soccer field - BearcatMan - 07-29-2019 08:58 AM

(07-09-2019 05:17 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

The band might use it.

I believe the plan is for Intramurals to utilize this field for Soccer and Flag Football to use this new area permanently once work starts moving forward on the Carter Field zone, as with the demolition of Carter Halls, that section of roadway will be closes and an area of Carter Field will be used as a boneyard/staging area. Rec Services may have changed their plan, but that was what was initially presented in previous proposals.

RE: Soccer field - eastisbest - 07-29-2019 09:39 AM

(07-29-2019 08:58 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I believe the plan is for Intramurals to utilize this field for Soccer and Flag Football to use this new area permanently once work starts moving forward on the Carter Field zone, as with the demolition of Carter Halls, that section of roadway will be closes and an area of Carter Field will be used as a boneyard/staging area. Rec Services may have changed their plan, but that was what was initially presented in previous proposals.

By "this" I presume you mean the new soccer field? Bit of a walk around. Any plans you know of to connect through the woods? I recall there was an exit in the back where the cafe then yoga room is located. That's a pretty quick connect. Would have been nice back in the day to have easy access to the outdoor track for running (liar, jogging it was).

RE: Soccer field - BearcatMan - 07-29-2019 09:46 AM

(07-29-2019 09:39 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(07-29-2019 08:58 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I believe the plan is for Intramurals to utilize this field for Soccer and Flag Football to use this new area permanently once work starts moving forward on the Carter Field zone, as with the demolition of Carter Halls, that section of roadway will be closes and an area of Carter Field will be used as a boneyard/staging area. Rec Services may have changed their plan, but that was what was initially presented in previous proposals.

By "this" I presume you mean the new soccer field? Bit of a walk around. Any plans you know of to connect through the woods? I recall there was an exit in the back where the cafe then yoga room is located. That's a pretty quick connect. Would have been nice back in the day to have easy access to the outdoor track for running (liar, jogging it was).

Yep, "this" meant the topic of conversation in the thread.

I haven't heard anything about that yet, though I agree it would be nice to have and there is room to create another "main" entrance on that side of the building with the round wall, only issue is I believe that is where some loading docks are at the moment. I would expect a bridge over Douglas to be the next major University funded infrastructure project just judging by the interest they seemed to have in incorporating that in student design projects in the past few year plus the influx of students living behind the Engineering campus and just jaywalking anywhere across a 5 lane road. That would be on top of the two parking decks that are in severe disrepair bordering on being 60 Minutes report-worthily unsound.

RE: Soccer field - PaulJ - 07-29-2019 09:59 AM

(07-29-2019 09:46 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-29-2019 09:39 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  

Yep, "this" meant the topic of conversation in the thread.

I haven't heard anything about that yet, though I agree it would be nice to have and there is room to create another "main" entrance on that side of the building with the round wall, only issue is I believe that is where some loading docks are at the moment. I would expect a bridge over Douglas to be the next major University funded infrastructure project just judging by the interest they seemed to have in incorporating that in student design projects in the past few year plus the influx of students living behind the Engineering campus and just jaywalking anywhere across a 5 lane road. That would be on top of the two parking decks that are in severe disrepair bordering on being 60 Minutes report-worthily unsound.

A few years ago the UT Board approved-in principal-addition of a walking bridge over Douglas that would land close to Savage Arena (near 'rocket'), not sure if funding is being looked at via state operating funds or fund raising but plan and design are done and ready to proceed to build.