CSNbbs
UCONN back to the Big East - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UCONN back to the Big East (/thread-878016.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

UCONN back to the Big East - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-21-2019 11:35 PM

http://www.digitalsportsdesk.com/ncaa-basketball/big-east/uconn-to-return-to-big-east/

Those ducks can’t get in a row fast enough.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - kdblazer - 06-22-2019 02:45 AM

(06-21-2019 11:35 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  http://www.digitalsportsdesk.com/ncaa-basketball/big-east/uconn-to-return-to-big-east/

Those ducks can’t get in a row fast enough.

Could it be close04-cheers

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - C-Finder - 06-22-2019 03:12 AM

One step closer...[Image: babylawd.png]

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - blazers9911 - 06-22-2019 08:25 AM

Is that official yet? I can’t find many sites reporting it.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - BlazinBham - 06-22-2019 09:40 AM

For the love of god, make all this happen and let UAB be the beneficiary.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 10:16 AM

Mark better be making some phone calls.What are our realistic chances? I think the timing would be better if this happened in 2021, but our future is promising with the stadium, Clark signed to legit long term deal, new marketing agreement, recent facility upgrades, and general campus growth.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - Blazer88 - 06-22-2019 10:43 AM

Here’s our chance. Hopefully they don’t add Army or a mwc member

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - SMUfan - 06-22-2019 10:45 AM

Candidates to replace UConn in AAC:

UAB
Southern Miss
UTSA
North Texas
GA State

AAC seems to want big population areas.

Doubtful:

Charlotte
South Alabama
Air Force
Army
MTSU

Thoughts?

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - BlazinBham - 06-22-2019 10:50 AM

Due to our incompetence in the Admin and Athletic dept., I don’t see us having a presentation put together even though we have everything we need to make a strong case.

I’m thinking they take a Military school for football and an A10/colonial school for basketball.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 10:51 AM

(06-22-2019 10:45 AM)SMUfan Wrote:  Candidates to replace UConn in AAC:

UAB
Southern Miss
UTSA
North Texas
GA State

AAC seems to want big population areas.

Doubtful:

Charlotte
South Alabama
Air Force
Army

Thoughts?

If they're after population centers then USM would be out. even with their history. They also have one of the smaller budgets in CUSA. It seems too early for UTSA. I'd say North Texas, MTSU, Ga St, and a military academy are our biggest competition.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - biglizard - 06-22-2019 11:11 AM

We match the academic profile of urban research university. Our athletic trajectory is definitely upwards. Of all the possible candidates I think we have the best fit. If true it’s all hands on deck

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 11:13 AM

(06-22-2019 11:11 AM)biglizard Wrote:  We match the academic profile of urban research university. Our athletic trajectory is definitely upwards. Of all the possible candidates I think we have the best fit. If true it’s all hands on deck

Agreed, but I'm just worried that our administration won't be in the necessary work. The president and AD really have to work to SELL the school. I'm not convinced Watts cares enough to push this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - Blazer88 - 06-22-2019 11:13 AM

Pete Thamel
@PeteThamel
58m58 minutes ago
More
Sources: UConn headed back to the Big East. Here's a dive on the details. What happens with TV deal? How does the AAC replace them? What does it mean for future of UConn football?

Being reported all over now

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - Blazer88 - 06-22-2019 11:15 AM

For the AAC, the next likely move would be to follow the model they have with Navy as a football-only and add a school like Army or Air Force. Then they’d follow up that move and add a basketball power like they recently did with Wichita State. (VCU would be the most logical target there.)

The other option would be to add a member in all sports, but there’s no obvious candidate who could add value in both basketball and football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-u-conn-move-to-the-big-east-inevitable-151200471.html

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - biglizard - 06-22-2019 11:35 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27030819/sources-uconn-expected-rejoin-big-east

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 11:40 AM

Maybe Ingram's connections to the AAC from his time at Temple can come in handy.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - BlazinBham - 06-22-2019 11:41 AM

If he has hopes of being a p5 AD, this is a move he has to make happen.

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - ATTALLABLAZE - 06-22-2019 11:50 AM

If I’m the AAC my top three are UAB, ODU, and Army.

Their fans seem to want BYU Boise and such but that isn’t happening.

Seems like they all want to dump UCONN football.

UuAB and ODU are the top two positioned for a jump IMHO

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - biglizard - 06-22-2019 11:56 AM

(06-22-2019 11:50 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If I’m the AAC my top three are UAB, ODU, and Army.

Agreed. Of the 2 we have the more compelling story and a higher upside and certainly more academic clout. That’s not to say ODU isn’t a great institution but in the world of research universities we just carry more weight. Ultimately this has to go through the presidents of the member institutions

RE: UCONN back to the Big East - hooverblazer - 06-22-2019 11:58 AM

(06-22-2019 11:56 AM)biglizard Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 11:50 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  If I’m the AAC my top three are UAB, ODU, and Army.

Agreed. Of the 2 we have the more compelling story and a higher upside and certainly more academic clout. That’s not to say ODU isn’t a great institution but in the world of research universities we just carry more weight. Ultimately this has to go through the presidents of the member institutions

We are attractive, but yall don't think North Texas and Ga St are contenders too? The biggest question is whether they want an all sports member. I think the biggest obstacle is them adding someone like Army as football only then picking up a basketball-only like VCU.