CSNbbs
Blackshear considering Memphis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: Tom Mays Memorial Recruiting (/forum-505.html)
+------- Thread: Blackshear considering Memphis (/thread-877691.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Blackshear considering Memphis - Joe1 - 06-13-2019 12:49 PM

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - SeñorTiger - 06-13-2019 12:59 PM

Always good to have open scholarships...

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Joe1 - 06-13-2019 01:01 PM

How many games would a lineup of...

Wiseman
Blackshear
Precious
Quinones
Boogie win?

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - BartlettTigerFan - 06-13-2019 01:10 PM

(06-13-2019 01:01 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  How many games would a lineup of...

Wiseman
Blackshear
Precious
Quinones
Boogie win?

All of them?

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Bsquared-2 - 06-13-2019 01:11 PM

I just don’t know what DJ would think about coming off the bench. Would be a great pick up though.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - BartlettTigerFan - 06-13-2019 01:14 PM

We would have 2 top 20 teams....

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Joe1 - 06-13-2019 01:17 PM

(06-13-2019 01:14 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  We would have 2 top 20 teams....

04-cheers

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - cmt - 06-13-2019 01:20 PM

Jefferies isn't coming off the bench

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Joe1 - 06-13-2019 01:36 PM

(06-13-2019 01:20 PM)cmt Wrote:  Jefferies isn't coming off the bench

Neither is Wiseman
Neither is Precious
Neither is Blackshear (if he comes here)
Neither is Boogie

Some of you guys get bent out of shape when anyone posts a lineup prediction or suggestion of a lineup that doesn’t include Jeffries in it. I love DJ. So it’s not like I suggest a lineup that doesn’t include DJ because I don’t like him or his game. That said, I hate to break it to you guys but DJ isn’t as good of a shooter that Quinones and Boogie are. I know that the staff loves Lester’s shooting ability. We needed outside shooting and Quinones was signed because he meets that need.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - MemphisNate - 06-13-2019 01:44 PM

Blackshear could play C, PF, SF (going big). Plenty of minutes especially if Dandridge is redshirting.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Atlanta - 06-13-2019 03:06 PM

Blackshear could really provide some needed high level inside experience. He's a strong rebounder & defender. And would help most against a traditional, setup-post-up opponent. But he has a good all around game that would be effective most anytime he's on the floor. Would love to see him here.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - mairving - 06-13-2019 03:10 PM

(06-13-2019 01:36 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

Neither is Wiseman
Neither is Precious
Neither is Boogie

Some of you guys get bent out of shape when anyone posts a lineup prediction or suggestion of a lineup that doesn’t include Jeffries in it. I love DJ. So it’s not like I suggest a lineup that doesn’t include DJ because I don’t like him or his game. That said, I hate to break it to you guys but DJ isn’t as good of a shooter that Quinones and Boogie are. I know that the staff loves Lester’s shooting ability. We needed outside shooting and Quinones was signed because he meets that need.

You are the only one I see here getting bent out of shape.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - mairving - 06-13-2019 03:18 PM

And now a message from our Northern neighbors up in Kentucky

Blackshear considering Memphis.

Quote:I’d take Blackshear over Wiseman... and Penny would too, apparently lol.

Seriously though, Penny has to strike while the iron is hot. Because after next season, it’s back to reality.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - gusrob - 06-13-2019 03:32 PM

(06-13-2019 03:10 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(06-13-2019 01:36 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

Neither is Wiseman
Neither is Precious
Neither is Boogie

You are the only one I see here getting bent out of shape.

Was scrolling down to post the same thing.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - jammaster - 06-13-2019 04:38 PM

Don't take this personally but the coaching staff isn't looking at this board to determine rotations.

<Fill in the blank with any player's name here> will come off the bench if Penny, Miller, Toppert and Madlock tell them to.

IMO, and only IMO, I think Wiseman is the only ironclad starter. The rest will be determined by performance (practice and in-game) and who matches up best against the opponent of the day. We have an incredible amount of talent and is built for destruction, but somebody's gotta come off the bench.

One of the most encouraging things that has come out recently is that a bunch of the guys have been talking for weeks about leaving egos at the door, playing unselfishly, etc. For someone to start complaining about playing time, lack of minutes, not starting, would not go over well with the rest of the team.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - gusrob - 06-13-2019 04:50 PM

(06-13-2019 04:38 PM)jammaster Wrote:  Don't take this personally but the coaching staff isn't looking at this board to determine rotations.

<Fill in the blank with any player's name here> will come off the bench if Penny, Miller, Toppert and Madlock tell them to.

IMO, and only IMO, I think Wiseman is the only ironclad starter. The rest will be determined by performance (practice and in-game) and who matches up best against the opponent of the day. We have an incredible amount of talent and is built for destruction, but somebody's gotta come off the bench.

One of the most encouraging things that has come out recently is that a bunch of the guys have been talking for weeks about leaving egos at the door, playing unselfishly, etc. For someone to start complaining about playing time, lack of minutes, not starting, would not go over well with the rest of the team.

It's pretty inevitable. Lot of guys on this squad that have always been the go-to guy. Most have been the go-to guy on their All Star teams. It will hurt their egos (for the first time) to be on the bench at all. But this is big boy basketball. I believe Penny can handle this leadership role. That being said, it will be fun to watch. The game within the game.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - WiseMan - 06-13-2019 04:57 PM

(06-13-2019 04:38 PM)jammaster Wrote:  Don't take this personally but the coaching staff isn't looking at this board to determine rotations.

I agree with this post 100%. If this team is to realize it’s considerable potential, EACH player must accept without question the role the staff gives them such as the Anthony Davis led KY team. If you watch them, they were the epitome of being a “team” and I’m far from a KY fan.

AD actually had the 5th most shots on that team and concentrated on D and rim protection as his jump shot progressed during the season and his body matured a bit.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Indigo - 06-13-2019 05:02 PM

This could turn out to be a blessing that Tucker didn't show up. I like this Blackshear better. Instead of another chef in the kitchen, we get a butcher, which we need more. And I do feel more comfortable with a transfer coming from Va Tech over.. what was it.. Arkansas Little Rock? lol

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - Bsquared-2 - 06-13-2019 06:10 PM

(06-13-2019 03:18 PM)mairving Wrote:  And now a message from our Northern neighbors up in Kentucky

Blackshear considering Memphis.

Quote:I’d take Blackshear over Wiseman... and Penny would too, apparently lol.

Seriously though, Penny has to strike while the iron is hot. Because after next season, it’s back to reality.

Good stuff. I don’t understand how Penny stabbed Cal in the back. Lol.

RE: Blackshear considering Memphis - memphisike - 06-13-2019 06:19 PM

I just heard from a Dude in d.c. with va. Tech connections who says their is a excellent chance
This Dude will be a Tiger, he likes the team, coaching staff and is looking forward to playing for
Penny