CSNbbs
Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West (/thread-877433.html)

Pages: 1 2

Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - MiamiHuskie - 06-06-2019 04:50 PM

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mac-football-2019-predictions

Like clockwork. Toledo will have the best recruiting class and is predicted to win the west, which means NIU will probably be going to the MACC again.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - MaddDawgz02 - 06-06-2019 04:54 PM

(06-06-2019 04:50 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mac-football-2019-predictions

Like clockwork. Toledo will have the best recruiting class and is predicted to win the west, which means NIU will probably be going to the MACC again.

Bromcos have the most talent but Toledo could give them a run for it. If Toledo keeps their QB healthy, they have a great shot. That kid can flat out throw

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - NIUSAE - 06-06-2019 05:14 PM

Which QB does Toledo have that's lights out? Not the Uof I transfer that faced us. Plus UT's defense is still going to be a cluster****. WMU lost a couple of Olineman and Reed their top returning WR. I don't get all the negativity for NIU and high praise for UT and WMU.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - pvk75 - 06-06-2019 05:37 PM

(06-06-2019 05:14 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Which QB does Toledo have that's lights out? Not the Uof I transfer that faced us. Plus UT's defense is still going to be a cluster****. WMU lost a couple of Olineman and Reed their top returning WR. I don't get all the negativity for NIU and high praise for UT and WMU.

I didn't read negativity into his comment, just a comment about UT and WMU chances that didn't mention Northern. But I agree with your comments about those two. I've read some of their fanboard posts and some express the same concerns for their own programs.

I'd like to see someone with an analytical mind (not necessarily me) do a post-season look at these so-called "expert" websites and see how their predictions actually match with reality. If it's been done, scratch the idea.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - BDB5yp - 06-06-2019 05:42 PM

(06-06-2019 04:50 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mac-football-2019-predictions

Just like I like it. Disrespect the MAC Champions. Keeps us hungry.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - Rabid Squirrel - 06-06-2019 05:55 PM

Typical in that you take the three clear top teams, NIU-TOL-WMU, and pick whomever has the best returning QB. Guadagni and Wassink were both very good for the games they played. Much better than Childers. Bowers may be better than all 3, but we can’t say yet. Guadagni had a 162 QBR with 13/3 td to int. Hard to argue against that.[/font]

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - NIU05 - 06-06-2019 08:57 PM

WMU was loaded on O until those transfers. Still love those QBs, they have 2 that are really good. We won ugly last year. I swear some on this board were POed we were CHAMPS. That team was hard for outsiders to like.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - MiamiHuskie - 06-06-2019 09:44 PM

(06-06-2019 08:57 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  WMU was loaded on O until those transfers. Still love those QBs, they have 2 that are really good. We won ugly last year. I swear some on this board were POed we were CHAMPS. That team was hard for outsiders to like.

We won the MACC averaging 20 points a game. Hard to believe.
Our defense carried the team, although the offense came out of nowhere in the second half against Buffalo.
Hopefully Coach Hammock will invigorate the offense and keep the defense consistent. If he can do that, we'll be in contention for the MACC yet again.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - HUSKIE44 - 06-07-2019 08:05 AM

They have to be running out of room in the Glass Bowl to hang "Preseason MAC Champion" banners.....I guess they don't have to worry about adding actual "MAC Championship" banners, so maybe they'll have room....

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - klake87 - 06-07-2019 08:35 AM

If Bowers is an upgrade at QB, NIU will win the MAC West.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - NIU05 - 06-07-2019 09:12 AM

03-puke
(06-06-2019 09:44 PM)MiamiHuskie Wrote:  
(06-06-2019 08:57 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  WMU was loaded on O until those transfers. Still love those QBs, they have 2 that are really good. We won ugly last year. I swear some on this board were POed we were CHAMPS. That team was hard for outsiders to like.

We won the MACC averaging 20 points a game. Hard to believe.
Our defense carried the team, although the offense came out of nowhere in the second half against Buffalo.
Hopefully Coach Hammock will invigorate the offense and keep the defense consistent. If he can do that, we'll be in contention for the MACC yet again.

We we're blessed with some excellent defensive players and coaches the last few years. Regarding this years D, I have never seen such quality interior DLine return in the history of Huskie football. We have 3 studs upfront.

Toledo. "PRE SEASON MAC CHAMPS" hahahahah hahahaha

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - stpeterocketfan - 06-07-2019 09:15 AM

(06-06-2019 05:14 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Which QB does Toledo have that's lights out? Not the Uof I transfer that faced us. Plus UT's defense is still going to be a cluster****. WMU lost a couple of Olineman and Reed their top returning WR. I don't get all the negativity for NIU and high praise for UT and WMU.

I hear what you are saying. NIU continues to find a way to win doing it the hard way as they say. But the hard way can be boring in my eyes when watching NIU. NIU offense can be boring to watch and maybe that is why boring doesnt get picked? I have no idea actually. Something isnt translating with fans either because attendance continues to go down every single year too. But boring wins at NIU so we shall see if Toledo has an exciting offense again but still finds a way to lose by smidge once again to NIU.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - NIU007 - 06-07-2019 09:26 AM

(06-07-2019 09:15 AM)stpeterocketfan Wrote:  

I hear what you are saying. NIU continues to find a way to win doing it the hard way as they say. But the hard way can be boring in my eyes when watching NIU. NIU offense can be boring to watch and maybe that is why boring doesnt get picked? I have no idea actually. Something isnt translating with fans either because attendance continues to go down every single year too. But boring wins at NIU so we shall see if Toledo has an exciting offense again but still finds a way to lose by smidge once again to NIU.

It sure was boring, but the attendance was going down before the offense got boring.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - klake87 - 06-07-2019 10:09 AM

(06-07-2019 09:26 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  

It sure was boring, but the attendance was going down before the offense got boring.

Enrollment decreasing. More commuters. More entertainment options. I feel students are missing out on the whole college experience by not attending activities through the university. With texting, instagram, snapchat, video games, netflix etc. Interacting with humans is less important to millenials.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - Big Red - 06-07-2019 11:04 AM

(06-07-2019 10:09 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

Enrollment decreasing. More commuters. More entertainment options. I feel students are missing out on the whole college experience by not attending activities through the university. With texting, instagram, snapchat, video games, netflix etc. Interacting with humans is less important to millenials.

There are very few, if any, millennial undergrads at NIU.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - klake87 - 06-07-2019 11:17 AM

(06-07-2019 11:04 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

There are very few, if any, millennial undergrads at NIU.

Anyone under the age of 28 has zero interest in School activities either as a student or Alumni. Just don't care.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - Boca Rocket - 06-07-2019 02:31 PM

Millennials' birth years 1980-1995
Generation Zs' 1996-2010
My youngest is a Gen Z and doesn't want to end like her Millennial sibling.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - klake87 - 06-07-2019 02:35 PM

(06-07-2019 02:31 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

Millennials' birth years 1980-1995
Generation Zs' 1996-2010
My youngest is a Gen Z and doesn't want to end like her Millennial sibling.

What ever, quit picking on someone who is the youngest of the baby boomers.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - bikechuck - 06-07-2019 03:14 PM

(06-07-2019 08:35 AM)klake87 Wrote:  If Bowers is an upgrade at QB, NIU will win the MAC West.

He is likely an upgrade (pretty hard not to be). That said much depends on our Oline. If they can give him time and open holes for the running game we can and should be able to compete for a MACC.

RE: Athlon picks Toledo to win the West - MaddDawgz02 - 06-07-2019 04:03 PM

(06-07-2019 03:14 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(06-07-2019 08:35 AM)klake87 Wrote:  If Bowers is an upgrade at QB, NIU will win the MAC West.

He is likely an upgrade (pretty hard not to be). That said much depends on our Oline. If they can give him time and open holes for the running game we can and should be able to compete for a MACC.

Childers this year is a huge upgrade over Chillders last year. Just having a new coach in there that is not paralyzing to QBs will make that position better by default.