CSNbbs
Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. (/thread-877192.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - TIGERCITY - 06-02-2019 07:37 AM

And it wasn't a fluke. Joshua was knocked down four times and look every inch the beaten fighter when it was called in the 7th round. Huge upset with 11 to 1 odds. Ruiz becomes the first Mexican American heavyweight champion and with the unified title at that.

RE: Anthony Joshua this is heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - TIGERCITY - 06-02-2019 07:49 AM

Ruiz reminds me of a fighter from years ago named "Butterbean" ----except this guy apparently has world-class power. I forget the round one punch Ruiz threw to the midsection literally lifted Joshua up on his toes. Knocking down Joshua in the third round and gaining his respect in the fourth, we're Joshua backed up the entire around jabbing and still look wobbly. Then getting knocked down again nearer the beginning of 7th and then, for the last time, in the middle of the round.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - memtigbb - 06-02-2019 09:28 AM

Shows just how terrible boxing is now. Joshua beat Klitsco* when he was 40. The guy had to almost die of old age before the next crappy boxer came along to get a win. Ruiz would be like the 40th place heavyweight back in the 80s and 90s.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Tigers2B1 - 06-02-2019 10:34 AM

Don't understand why folks are apparently fixated on Ruiz's his body type. The guy was in great aerobic shape and never look tired always coming forward and always throwing punches. If the third round had gone 20 seconds longer it would have ended there. Ruiz was throwing bombs. Just like fat Babe Ruth hit home runs LOL

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - memtigbb - 06-02-2019 12:04 PM

(06-02-2019 10:34 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Don't understand why folks are apparently fixated on Ruiz's his body type. The guy was in great aerobic shape and never look tired always coming forward and always throwing punches. If the third round had gone 20 seconds longer it would have ended there. Ruiz was throwing bombs. Just like fat Babe Ruth hit home runs LOL

I am pretty sure you can make a long long list of fighters that would have slaughtered Ruiz in the 80s and 90s... Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe, etc. etc.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Tigers2B1 - 06-02-2019 12:23 PM

(06-02-2019 12:04 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(06-02-2019 10:34 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  Don't understand why folks are apparently fixated on Ruiz's his body type. The guy was in great aerobic shape and never look tired always coming forward and always throwing punches. If the third round had gone 20 seconds longer it would have ended there. Ruiz was throwing bombs. Just like fat Babe Ruth hit home runs LOL

I am pretty sure you can make a long long list of fighters that would have slaughtered Ruiz in the 80s and 90s... Tyson, Lewis, Holyfield, Foreman, Bowe, etc. etc.

Pure speculation so it's really pointless trying to compare fighters in different eras. All I know is the money is still really, really good in elite pro boxing and knowing folks follow the money you have to figure that boxing talent should be there.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - TIGERCITY - 06-02-2019 12:59 PM

And maybe today's Golden State Warriors couldn't hang with Larry Bird's Boston Celtics or Magic Johnson's LA Lakers or Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls. Maybe.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - memtigbb - 06-02-2019 04:12 PM

My fault you guys are right, even an idiot can see that boxing is at the highest level boxing has ever been. It is a great thing that the best athletes in the world have chosen to be boxers.....

or boxing sucks right now... I am going with the 2nd.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - BandwagonJumper - 06-02-2019 05:34 PM

(06-02-2019 04:12 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  My fault you guys are right, even an idiot can see that boxing is at the highest level boxing has ever been. It is a great thing that the best athletes in the world have chosen to be boxers.....

heavyweight boxing does suck right now.

but there are some weight divisions that are still putting out good fights.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - AlonsoWDC - 06-02-2019 05:38 PM

You can say whatever about boxing (good, bad, indifferent, and I'll hear you out, not the point here) but this was still a monumental upset, especially from Vegas POV.

The crowd was literally chanting about how fat he was at weigh-in.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - MemphisFan95 - 06-02-2019 05:55 PM

(06-02-2019 12:23 PM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  

Pure speculation so it's really pointless trying to compare fighters in different eras. All I know is the money is still really, really good in elite pro boxing and knowing folks follow the money you have to figure that boxing talent should be there.

Elite boxing money still dwarfs UFC money Ruiz purse for this fight was 7 million McGregor got 3 million for his fight with Kabib

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Tigers2B1 - 06-03-2019 10:22 AM

(06-02-2019 05:55 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  

Elite boxing money still dwarfs UFC money Ruiz purse for this fight was 7 million McGregor got 3 million for his fight with Kabib

And one thing is for certain, Ruiz will get a bit more than 7 million in his next fight. The heavyweight division just got a lot more interesting.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - salukiblue - 06-03-2019 02:09 PM

The HW division is just fine. Wilder, Fury, and Joshua are all top tier dudes no matter where you would put them in history.

Ruiz is just a tough sonnabitch who hits hard and is surprisingly quick.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - BandwagonJumper - 06-03-2019 03:10 PM

(06-03-2019 02:09 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  The HW division is just fine. Wilder, Fury, and Joshua are all top tier dudes no matter where you would put them in history.

as if you know anything about boxing

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - salukiblue - 06-03-2019 03:27 PM

(06-03-2019 03:10 PM)BandwagonJumper Wrote:  
(06-03-2019 02:09 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  The HW division is just fine. Wilder, Fury, and Joshua are all top tier dudes no matter where you would put them in history.

as if you know anything about boxing

Haha.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - TIGERCITY - 06-03-2019 08:52 PM

(06-03-2019 10:22 AM)Tigers2B1 Wrote:  

And one thing is for certain, Ruiz will get a bit more than 7 million in his next fight. The heavyweight division just got a lot more interesting.

A rematch was written into the contract if Joshua lost. It all has the look and feel of a Rocky movie. Good for Ruiz since he'll definitely get a much better payday than that 7 million he got in this last fight.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Crazier - 06-04-2019 03:35 AM

Don't know about Joshua but Wilder and Fury would have success in any generation of boxing. Joshua is a stiff with no jab. He needs to fire staff asap.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Crazier - 06-04-2019 03:35 AM

30 million for Joshua

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - Crazier - 06-04-2019 03:39 AM

(06-02-2019 04:12 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  My fault you guys are right, even an idiot can see that boxing is at the highest level boxing has ever been. It is a great thing that the best athletes in the world have chosen to be boxers.....

Boxing doesn't suck it's just on ppv. If there were more title fights on regular tv then boxing would be more popular. The welterweight division is the best as it's been along time.

RE: Anthony Joshua loses heavyweight title to short arm fat guy. - TIGERCITY - 06-04-2019 08:45 AM

(06-04-2019 03:35 AM)Crazier Wrote:  

30 million for Joshua

So who gets more money in the rematch Ruiz, the title holder, or Joshua? They wouldn't dare would they?