CSNbbs
NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu (/thread-876872.html)

NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - Tree Missile - 05-26-2019 08:03 AM

Tragic news

RIP - C-Finder - 05-26-2019 10:21 AM

03-weeping 01-swc to both of them and Bart Starr.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - notnow - 05-26-2019 08:56 PM

16 year old hit them from behind.
May have been distracted.
So sad.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BlazintheATL - 05-26-2019 11:06 PM

Pretty damn tragic.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BlazerGreen - 05-27-2019 04:05 AM

Teenagers (and 20-somethings) just aren't as mature as they used to be.
Phones have added a whole new dimension of distraction.

I've got four kids, all above the age of 14. I'd like to see the driving age raised to 18. I think it would save a lot of lives.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - rook360 - 05-27-2019 07:53 AM

(05-27-2019 04:05 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  Teenagers (and 20-somethings) just aren't as mature as they used to be.
Phones have added a whole new dimension of distraction.

I've got four kids, all above the age of 14. I'd like to see the driving age raised to 18. I think it would save a lot of lives.

No,
it's just as many responsible kids out here driving.

6 teens ages 16–19 died every day due to motor vehicle crashes and hundreds more were injured.

20 older adults killed and 794 injured in crashes on average every day.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 05-27-2019 09:58 AM

A driver who is impaired by drugs, alcohol, phone, or anything else kills victims just as dead. This tragedy reminds me of the Sirhan Stacy family whose wife and 4 of their 5 children were killed by a drunk driver who was also killed. We have laws to deal with the results of such homicides AFTER the fact. Prevention is much more of a problem.

Alabama's rural highway auto death rate is TWICE the national average but like this state being #2 nationally in gun violence death rates per 100,000 population, nothing is done about it.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - the_blazerman - 05-27-2019 12:53 PM

My oldest didn't want to start driving until she was 18. Took her a couple of times to pass the driving test.

I think of all of the high school students who drive to school. They are all in the 16 to 18 year old range.

I have seen quite a few adults doing stuff behind the wheel that they shouldn't do.

I would like to see the technology that no phone use is allowed in a car outside of hands free telephone calls.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - Blazer on the southside - 05-30-2019 06:03 AM

The police say that alcohol or phone use wasn't a factor here.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BlazerMatt - 05-30-2019 08:17 AM

I wonder if they weren't wearing their seat belts?

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - the_blazerman - 05-30-2019 06:56 PM

And didn't use a turn signal.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BlazerFromMD - 05-31-2019 09:13 AM

(05-30-2019 08:17 AM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I wonder if they weren't wearing their seat belts?

"Auburn police added that a full investigation remains in progress, and reported that the Brambletts were wearing their seabelts when the accident occurred."

The real cause of the accident is... - C-Finder - 06-06-2019 09:50 PM

The teen driver fell asleep 03-no
https://www.al.com/news/2019/06/teen-fell-asleep-in-wreck-that-killed-rod-and-paula-bramblett-auburn-police-report-states.html

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - the_blazerman - 06-07-2019 07:32 AM

To clarify, he said he fell asleep.

RE: NBR: Voice of the Auburn Tigers Rod Bramblett and wife killed in car accident in Aubu - BlazerMatt - 07-01-2019 06:48 PM

The teen was arrested and charged with two counts of manslaughter today. He has marijuana in his system and was speeding when the accident happened.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/27099320/driver-16-arrested-auburn-announcer-death