CSNbbs
embarrassing - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: embarrassing (/thread-876554.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

embarrassing - SouthernBlue - 05-20-2019 10:22 AM

The football schedule has been discussed ad nauseam, but this article points out just how embarrassing it really is. We have no business playing 2 Sun Belt schools and a SWAC school as OOC. To make it even more absurd the 2 Sun Belt school games are away and we only have 6 home games.

I am looking forward to football season, but I really hope we get at least 10 wins. With this schedule it is going to be really hard to get national consideration.

Hopefully the new AD will be able to get our schedules fixed. Change one game in the next few years from SunBelt to P6 or high-level G4 would be an easy fix. Each year OOC should be one P6, another P6 or high level G4, one MAC/CUSA/SunBelt, and one real cupcake for our four OOC games. It's not really rocket science.

AAC strength of schedule ranks

RE: Embarrissing - HornLakeTiger - 05-20-2019 10:29 AM

The schedule is what it is. We've known for years it was coming.

The 2020 home schedule ain't much to write about either. Six games, and I guess only Houston and South Florida could be called "premium" games.

Arkansas State
UT-Martin
Houston
Temple
Tulsa
South Florida

But we do have a cool road trip to Purdue next season. Will definitely make that one.

RE: Embarrissing - New Here 101 - 05-20-2019 10:31 AM

*a$$

RE: Embarrissing - holyterror - 05-20-2019 10:31 AM

Yep, we all need to get our Iss to the games.

RE: Embarrissing - Tigx - 05-20-2019 10:32 AM

Are we just going to ignore how embarrassing it is to misspell the only word in a one-word thread title?

RE: Embarrissing - lifelongtiger - 05-20-2019 10:47 AM

Pretty sure that can't be blamed on auto-correct.

RE: Embarrissing - Irse - 05-20-2019 10:48 AM

(05-20-2019 10:32 AM)Tigx Wrote:  Are we just going to ignore how embarrassing it is to misspell the only word in a one-word thread title?

03-lmfao

RE: Embarrissing - rc0213 - 05-20-2019 10:59 AM

When Memphis consistently beat UCLA, Ole Miss, etc. on National TV, it makes the Power 5 schools think twice about scheduling Memphis. So, this was expected.

RE: Embarrissing - snowtiger - 05-20-2019 11:03 AM

Maybe the OP asspelled it on porpoise.

[Image: bright-future-ahead_zps3igddrtf.jpg]

RE: Embarrissing - BinghamptonNed - 05-20-2019 11:08 AM

(05-20-2019 10:59 AM)rc0213 Wrote:  When Memphis consistently beat UCLA, Ole Miss, etc. on National TV, it makes the Power 5 schools think twice about scheduling Memphis. So, this was expected.

Thanks for your input Tom, Proof that Tom Bowen's argument is pure BS

More Proof that Tom Bowen's excuses for a poor schedule are complete BS

Even MORE proof that Bowens lament that "they wont play us" is BS

RE: Embarrissing - salukiblue - 05-20-2019 11:10 AM

Cool, keep complaining about things that were decided years ago and can't be changed.

RE: Embarrissing - memphisike - 05-20-2019 11:16 AM

You'll find Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, penn state, possibly wake and Duke Oregon state might give us a game at their place, they need a quality OOC WIN, which we r in that category now, their fans don't like CUPCAKES either.
I still don't understand why usf,houston, UFC, temple, and Tulane can get decent OOC OPPONENTS
We've been used by two A.D.'s who wanted a watered down schedule. Dr Rudd figured this out pretty quick,
Shirley Raines was clueless

RE: Embarrissing - BinghamptonNed - 05-20-2019 11:27 AM

(05-20-2019 11:16 AM)memphisike Wrote:  You'll find Maryland, Illinois, Indiana, penn state, possibly wake and Duke Oregon state might give us a game at their place, they need a quality OOC WIN, which we r in that category now, their fans don't like CUPCAKES either.
I still don't understand why usf,houston, UFC, temple, and Tulane can get decent OOC OPPONENTS
We've been used by two A.D.'s who wanted a watered down schedule. Dr Rudd figured this out pretty quick,
Shirley Raines was clueless

the ADs have followed the wishes of the head coaches, that is understandable but is not the correct path.

Did Fuente stay because we dumbed down the schedule? No
Will Norvell stay due to the patsy ooc schedule? No

Do we need 4 blockbuster ooc games per year? Of course not.

It is amazing how simple minded people believe anything that an AD tells them.

RE: Embarrissing - Atlanta - 05-20-2019 11:34 AM

(05-20-2019 10:59 AM)rc0213 Wrote:  When Memphis consistently beat UCLA, Ole Miss, etc. on National TV, it makes the Power 5 schools think twice about scheduling Memphis. So, this was expected.

You could claim that until you look at the schedules of UCF, UH, USF... virtually the entire AAC to know that excuse doesn't hold water.

RE: Embarrissing - BinghamptonNed - 05-20-2019 11:43 AM

(05-20-2019 11:34 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  

You could claim that until you look at the schedules of UCF, UH, USF... virtually the entire AAC to know that excuse doesn't hold water.

have you ever heard of the Boise St effect? No P5 Teams will play Boise now

The argument is a lazy one put forth by ADs who do not want to work or are afraid to piss off their current coach.

BTW do you know why Bowen "fell" for this?

His "employee" demanded a powder puff schedule, he did not want to piss them off because he was looking for another job- and he needed to look like the coaches liked him and he expected to be out of here before the long term effects showed up.

THERE WAS NOTHING IN IT FOR BOWEN TO WORK FOR A PROPER SCHEDULE. He had no ties to the University and only looked at Memphis as a short term stopping place.

RE: Embarrissing - SouthernBoiNOLA - 05-20-2019 11:45 AM

I know I am in the minority on this, but as weak as the schedule is, it doesn't hurt us in anyway as far as national standings go. As UCF has shown, no non-P5 team will ever play for a NC in its current format. The best we can hope for is the NY6 Bowl. Yeah it sucks, but that is the reality we live in. Best thing we can do is to win the NY6 bowl for a few years and hope to be 1st in line when (if) conference realignment happens again.

RE: Embarrissing - memtigbb - 05-20-2019 12:20 PM

(05-20-2019 11:45 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  I know I am in the minority on this, but as weak as the schedule is, it doesn't hurt us in anyway as far as national standings go. As UCF has shown, no non-P5 team will ever play for a NC in its current format. The best we can hope for is the NY6 Bowl. Yeah it sucks, but that is the reality we live in. Best thing we can do is to win the NY6 bowl for a few years and hope to be 1st in line when (if) conference realignment happens again.

Yeah ok, but I have no interest in sitting in the rain or ridiculous heat to watch WhoCaresU. But to each their own.

RE: Embarrissing - MemphisTigerPawr - 05-20-2019 12:28 PM

The weak schedule may not have hurt us yet but it will.

RE: Embarrissing - salukiblue - 05-20-2019 12:29 PM

(05-20-2019 12:20 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(05-20-2019 11:45 AM)SouthernBoiNOLA Wrote:  I know I am in the minority on this, but as weak as the schedule is, it doesn't hurt us in anyway as far as national standings go. As UCF has shown, no non-P5 team will ever play for a NC in its current format. The best we can hope for is the NY6 Bowl. Yeah it sucks, but that is the reality we live in. Best thing we can do is to win the NY6 bowl for a few years and hope to be 1st in line when (if) conference realignment happens again.

Yeah ok, but I have no interest in sitting in the rain or ridiculous heat to watch WhoCaresU. But to each their own.

Hell, people won't go in the rain to watch undefeated UCF play here. Can't get more than 45k to watch a nationally ranked UCLA team with a Heisman watch QB on a sunny (albeit warm) Saturday morning.

Can't get 30K on the final game of the season (to CLINCH a division title) vs. Houston last year.

Everyone needs to pull a get the f--- outta here about "scheduling" until people can actually make a game or two that really matters.

RE: Embarrissing - snowtiger - 05-20-2019 12:32 PM

I say we pool our money and just buy a box. It's either too hot, or it's too wet, or it's too cold, or someone pours crap beer on your head, or there's a hurricane.