CSNbbs
Opinions of AD Frazier - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Opinions of AD Frazier (/thread-876538.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - HawaiiToNIU - 05-22-2019 01:59 PM

(05-22-2019 01:51 PM)StevenNIU Wrote:  I have never had any personal interactions with AD Frazier so I don't have any deep feelings about him one way or the other. But I think it is pretty clear that he is hamstrung by a budget that doesn't allow him to do a lot. In 2018, NIU athletic department expenditures totaled $25 million. During that same year, WMU spent over $38 million. That is 50% more that Frazier had to play with. Just imagine what he could do with another $13 million.

wow, they had a bigger budget and a better recruiting class....and still no MAC Championship

#TheHardWay

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - HawaiiToNIU - 05-22-2019 02:02 PM

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Oh Gawd....our budget is ranked #121

BELOW ILLINOIS STATE....thank God we kicked that dude out of these boards or he'd have a field day

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - klake87 - 05-22-2019 02:07 PM

(05-22-2019 02:02 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

BELOW ILLINOIS STATE....thank God we kicked that dude out of these boards or he'd have a field day

Even the great Jim Phillips could not do much better. Money talks BS walks.

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - MileHighHuskie - 05-22-2019 02:15 PM

(05-22-2019 02:07 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(05-22-2019 02:02 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Even the great Jim Phillips could not do much better. Money talks BS walks.
NIU does a lot more with a lot less.

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - Beach Boy - 05-22-2019 03:29 PM

Mark my words, he'll be back.

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - pantone1935 - 05-22-2019 05:19 PM

(05-22-2019 11:25 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  A very positive event that was ended by STF was the HAF event in February where they gave out the HAF renewal packets before a basketball game. It brought people together, was pretty well attended (the room was filled), and light snacks and drinks were served, together with speeches by Athletics officials and student athletes.

And all of you budget downers, please don't spew out your crap about no money. If there is no money for a few morsels of food and pop, NIU should simply drop athletics or drop down to FCS. Contrary to the sky-is-falling fiscal gurus, NIU's coffers are not bare.

Also, I will say this about Jiff. He somewhat promoted NIU's MAC Championships by setting up an agreement with Jostens to offer fans replicas of the team rings. Those were extremely nice. But maybe STF stopped that because they no longer offer rings for the team. (Now THAT I will believe could be due to fiscal issues.)

Also, at the donor venues such as the HAF tent for football and the 6th Man Grille, Athletics should make an aggressive effort to greet donors. This would be a great way to get to recognize and know their donors. Certainly, no one has EVER approached me or anyone in my group in the tent. If I wanted to talk to someone, I had to make the effort to find them and flag them down. They would always walk right past me and not say a thing (because they do not know me and my name is not Yordon or Chessick). Before STF, I used to chat with Athletics employees in the 6th Man Grille who would make the effort to say hi and chat with my wife and me. Now, there's virtually no one there to greet the season ticketholders and donors. (I know, STF is just too busy in the Nelson suite.)

When Cary Groth was the AD, she loved to greet and interact with fans. I always used to see her at the basketball games shaking fans' hands and thanking them for coming as they left the game. Almost like thanking a guest for visiting your home. That was nice. She was approachable and made herself available to fans and donors. That's the type of person we need as AD.

I don't think experience as a Walmart greeter is the main resume gem for AD. Cary's staff did some dumb things like sending me parking passes when I live in Florida. Yes we look back and say how good it was in the good old days, but the good old days are long gone.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Opinions of AD Frazier - MaddDawgz02 - 05-22-2019 06:13 PM

(05-22-2019 05:19 PM)pantone1935 Wrote:  
(05-22-2019 11:25 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  A very positive event that was ended by STF was the HAF event in February where they gave out the HAF renewal packets before a basketball game. It brought people together, was pretty well attended (the room was filled), and light snacks and drinks were served, together with speeches by Athletics officials and student athletes.

And all of you budget downers, please don't spew out your crap about no money. If there is no money for a few morsels of food and pop, NIU should simply drop athletics or drop down to FCS. Contrary to the sky-is-falling fiscal gurus, NIU's coffers are not bare.

Also, I will say this about Jiff. He somewhat promoted NIU's MAC Championships by setting up an agreement with Jostens to offer fans replicas of the team rings. Those were extremely nice. But maybe STF stopped that because they no longer offer rings for the team. (Now THAT I will believe could be due to fiscal issues.)

Also, at the donor venues such as the HAF tent for football and the 6th Man Grille, Athletics should make an aggressive effort to greet donors. This would be a great way to get to recognize and know their donors. Certainly, no one has EVER approached me or anyone in my group in the tent. If I wanted to talk to someone, I had to make the effort to find them and flag them down. They would always walk right past me and not say a thing (because they do not know me and my name is not Yordon or Chessick). Before STF, I used to chat with Athletics employees in the 6th Man Grille who would make the effort to say hi and chat with my wife and me. Now, there's virtually no one there to greet the season ticketholders and donors. (I know, STF is just too busy in the Nelson suite.)

When Cary Groth was the AD, she loved to greet and interact with fans. I always used to see her at the basketball games shaking fans' hands and thanking them for coming as they left the game. Almost like thanking a guest for visiting your home. That was nice. She was approachable and made herself available to fans and donors. That's the type of person we need as AD.

I don't think experience as a Walmart greeter is the main resume gem for AD. Cary's staff did some dumb things like sending me parking passes when I live in Florida. Yes we look back and say how good it was in the good old days, but the good old days are long gone.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good old days may be long gone, but that also explains why fan base has shrunk exponentially. Maybe today's "leaders" need to refer back to the good old days to learn how to build a fanbase.