CSNbbs
ND and MAC relationship - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: ND and MAC relationship (/thread-875817.html)

Pages: 1 2

ND and MAC relationship - klake87 - 05-06-2019 03:25 PM

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre-dame-the-mac-a-budding-football-union

Good read. Growing up a ND fan, I would like NIU to throw their hat in ring against ND. We should have a game at Soldiers Field or Wrigley Field. We would draw more than the Iowa game.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - NIU007 - 05-06-2019 04:24 PM

Soldier Field. And I don't care if we ever play them. The arrogance is too sickening for me.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - BDB5yp - 05-06-2019 04:39 PM

I would love to get a boneyard Victory against the Fighting Irish. I hate that they get more press in Illinois than NIU does....

RE: ND and MAC relationship - Beach Boy - 05-06-2019 05:50 PM

If the Huskies beat the Irish in football, I would be arrested.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - MileHighHuskie - 05-06-2019 09:17 PM

[quote='Beach Boy' pid='16083930' dateline='1557183010']
If the Huskies beat the Irish in football, I would be arrested.
[quote]

Hysterical, that's me with Huskies beating Utah. Very good post ha ha!

RE: ND and MAC relationship - thehappyhuskie - 05-07-2019 12:22 AM

ND will never play us. Much like U of I there's too much at stake currently. Getting beat by an out of state (or market in ND's case) is one thing, but getting beat by an in market/state team, thats risky. P5 schools like a good sacrificial lamb.

That said, if our program takes a dive for a couple of years, my guess is they'll come knocking.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - Milwaukee Pilot - 05-07-2019 11:01 AM

(05-07-2019 12:22 AM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  ND will never play us. Much like U of I there's too much at stake currently. Getting beat by an out of state (or market in ND's case) is one thing, but getting beat by an in market/state team, thats risky. P5 schools like a good sacrificial lamb.

That said, if our program takes a dive for a couple of years, my guess is they'll come knocking.

They're playing Bowling Green for God's sake.....there is no risk in playing Northern Illinois. There cannot be one single recruit in the entire nation that if he has full offers from both Northern Illinois and Notre Dame that would choose NIU because NIU beat ND in a football in 2023.....not one.

ND can choose who they recruit and I'm sure NBC isn't going to be shuttling out to DeKalb to set up permanent camp at the Yordon Center under any scenario.

The only risk they have is ruining national championship consideration playing teams from the MAC by way of choice.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - thehappyhuskie - 05-07-2019 11:24 AM

(05-07-2019 11:01 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  
(05-07-2019 12:22 AM)thehappyhuskie Wrote:  ND will never play us. Much like U of I there's too much at stake currently. Getting beat by an out of state (or market in ND's case) is one thing, but getting beat by an in market/state team, thats risky. P5 schools like a good sacrificial lamb.

They're playing Bowling Green for God's sake.....there is no risk in playing Northern Illinois. There cannot be one single recruit in the entire nation that if he has full offers from both Northern Illinois and Notre Dame that would choose NIU because NIU beat ND in a football in 2023.....not one.

ND can choose who they recruit and I'm sure NBC isn't going to be shuttling out to DeKalb to set up permanent camp at the Yordon Center under any scenario.

The only risk they have is ruining national championship consideration playing teams from the MAC by way of choice.

Recruits? What about the alumni? Think of the shame of getting beat by NIU in your own market. Bowling Green is coming off a "hot" 3-9 season, up from their 2-10 season the year before, and their illustrious 4-8 season in 2016. Their last winning season was 2015. This is a sacrificial lamb. We aren't.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - utpotts - 05-07-2019 12:16 PM

(05-07-2019 11:01 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

ND also plays Toledo in a couple of years as well in South Bend.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - klake87 - 05-07-2019 12:24 PM

There has never been a recruit that has stated "I am down to two teams, Notre Dame and NIU."

RE: ND and MAC relationship - JoeNovak - 05-07-2019 12:42 PM

(05-07-2019 12:24 PM)klake87 Wrote:  There has never been a recruit that has stated "I am down to two teams, Notre Dame and NIU."

Keep beating power 5s on the regular and win bowl games and you will have recruits starting to think this. But will need a massive facility upgrade too.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - NIU007 - 05-07-2019 01:29 PM

(05-07-2019 12:24 PM)klake87 Wrote:  There has never been a recruit that has stated "I am down to two teams, Notre Dame and NIU."

This is one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while. Even though it's true.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - klake87 - 05-07-2019 02:18 PM

(05-07-2019 01:29 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

This is one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while. Even though it's true.

ND, Michigan, TheOSU, Alabama, Clemson, PSU, USC etc. we will never, ever be the second choice unless we move out of MAC which will NEVER ever happen.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - pvk75 - 05-07-2019 02:23 PM

Not to go too far afield, but as to those "other" FBS teams in Illinois ...

According to fbschedules.com/ncaa/illinois and and .../northwestern and .../notre-dame:

Notre Dame plays Bowling Green this year, and Toledo in 2021.

Illinois plays Akron and EMU this year, Toledo in 2021, Illinois State and Bowling Green in 2020, Toledo in 2023, CMU and Eastern Illinois in 2024, Ohio and WMU in 2025, and Southern Illinois in 2026.

Northwestern plays CMU in 2020, Ohio in 2021, Southern Illinois and Miami-Ohio in 2022, and Miami-Ohio in 2024.

... unless there have been changes not noted on the fbschedules website.

Apparently, as several have noted, ND isn't the only Chicago-area draw that would see no upside to playing NIU. ND with its national rep I can understand, but the other two ...? Why do I hear the sound of chickens cackling in the background?

RE: ND and MAC relationship - klake87 - 05-07-2019 02:25 PM

(05-07-2019 02:23 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Not to go too far afield, but as to those "other" FBS teams in Illinois ...

According to fbschedules.com/ncaa/illinois and and .../northwestern and .../notre-dame:

Illinois plays Akron and EMU this year, Toledo in 2021, Illinois State and Bowling Green in 2020, Toledo in 2023, CMU and Eastern Illinois in 2024, Ohio and WMU in 2025, and Southern Illinois in 2026.

Northwestern plays CMU in 2020, Ohio in 2021, Southern Illinois and Miami-Ohio in 2022, and Miami-Ohio in 2024.

Apparently, as several have noted, ND isn't the only Chicago-area draw that would see no upside to playing NIU. ND with its national rep I can understand, but the other two ...? Why do I hear the sound of chickens cackling in the background?

The consider NIU the same way they consider other MAC schools. There is no upside to Toledo or BSU either. We just have not tried hard enough to schedule a game.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - niu1980 - 05-07-2019 04:09 PM

(05-07-2019 02:25 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(05-07-2019 02:23 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Not to go too far afield, but as to those "other" FBS teams in Illinois ...

The consider NIU the same way they consider other MAC schools. There is no upside to Toledo or BSU either. We just have not tried hard enough to schedule a game.

And you know this how?

RE: ND and MAC relationship - IWokeUpLikeThis - 05-07-2019 07:13 PM

Northwestern and Illinois will never come to DeKalb.

I’ll take a “buy” game at either stadium for free, enjoy the half-red/half-purple or half-red/half-orange sellout crowds, and kick either’s ass. Trade the $ for the W.

RE: ND and MAC relationship - MaddDawgz02 - 05-07-2019 07:16 PM

(05-07-2019 07:13 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Northwestern and Illinois will never come to DeKalb.

I’ll take a “buy” game at either stadium for free, enjoy the half-red/half-purple or half-red/half-orange sellout crowds, and kick either’s ass. Trade the $ for the W.

Definitely dont want to play Illinois. It's a bottom of barrel football program

RE: ND and MAC relationship - Policiious - 05-07-2019 10:02 PM

(05-07-2019 07:13 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Northwestern and Illinois will never come to DeKalb.

NU has played NIU at Ryan Field. NU has also won 10 games 2 of the last 3 years and won back to back bowls so believing that the Huskies would kick the Wildcats ass is more than a bit far fetched

RE: ND and MAC relationship - klake87 - 05-08-2019 06:46 AM

(05-07-2019 04:09 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  
(05-07-2019 02:25 PM)klake87 Wrote:  

And you know this how?

Because we are a MAC team. the AD and HC of ND are discussing schedules. They say any team but NIU they are soo tough to beat. Lets schedule that patsy Toledo. ND does not consider any of the MAC teams among the top teams in the nation. NW and Illinois do consider us somewhat of a challenger.