CSNbbs
OTOD - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: OTOD (/thread-874813.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

OTOD - Mrs. Got Ribe - 04-16-2019 06:02 AM

It's One Tribe One Day! I love this day. It's a good day to complete a pledge or give new money. How about $33 to football in memory of Nate Evans who wore jersey number 3?

The Tribe Club has a link that makes it easy to give to the sport or area you want.

There is a new challenge this year: One Tribe One Dunk
Save Coach London from the dunk tank by voting for him.

And here is up to date information on the Gerdelman Challenge Standings

If you don't want to give to athletics, please give to The College in some way as we are One Tribe One Family.

OTOD - mrjoolius - 04-16-2019 06:41 AM

Gave to men's basketball. Always moving forward...
[Image: otod-2019-i-gave-back-1200px.jpg]

RE: OTOD - nj alum - 04-16-2019 07:33 AM

I will buy tickets as that is my way of staying in contact with my friends.

My days of donating to the school are over.

OTOD - zablenoise - 04-16-2019 08:57 AM

Are there any areas the staff has made a priority for giving this year?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

RE: OTOD - billymac - 04-16-2019 09:04 AM

Let's keep moving forward.

[Image: thankyouotod.png?v=d913fbf1-3ffa-4c01-a518-2a28e531dd59]

RE: OTOD - Naptown Tribe - 04-16-2019 09:06 AM

Gave to Men's Bball ... One Tribe One Family now and always

RE: OTOD - 3xTribe - 04-16-2019 10:44 AM

With respect to those who have decided to discontinue their financial support, this is why we continue.
https://youtu.be/CVFE5Zwk0iE

#OneTribeOneDay

RE: OTOD - nj alum - 04-16-2019 12:07 PM

First, this is a marketing ploy par excellence. Show that video to the transfers, not the donors.

Second, W&M does not care about me; just about my money. The transfers do not care about me either.

Third, let’s take basketball. Donate for what purpose? Scholarships? Summer school? So the player can transfer after three years, and play the final season for a P5 school? We’re being played for chumps, by the P5, by the NCAA, and by W&M.

All of you praising the transfers and wishing them good luck ... that’s fine. But from the perspective of this donor, I’m supposed to just turn the other cheek, and continue to donate? So UNC, Michigan, or Notre Dame can make a run next year with one of our guys?

I’ll buy tickets and cheer ... just like any form of entertainment, but that’s it.

As for the academic side, I didn’t go to Smith, I want nothing to do with Smith, and I’m not donating to Smith “south”.

Finally, if that isn’t enough, the treatment of Tony by those currently in charge was unforgivable.

That is why I don’t continue.

Go Indians!

RE: OTOD - 3xTribe - 04-16-2019 12:27 PM

(04-16-2019 12:07 PM)nj alum Wrote:  First, this is a marketing ploy par excellence. Show that video to the transfers, not the donors.

Second, W&M does not care about me; just about my money. The transfers do not care about me either.

Third, let’s take basketball. Donate for what purpose? Scholarships? Summer school? So the player can transfer after three years, and play the final season for a P5 school? We’re being played for chumps, by the P5, by the NCAA, and by W&M.

All of you praising the transfers and wishing them good luck ... that’s fine. But from the perspective of this donor, I’m supposed to just turn the other cheek, and continue to donate? So UNC, Michigan, or Notre Dame can make a run next year with one of our guys?

I’ll buy tickets and cheer ... just like any form of entertainment, but that’s it.

As for the academic side, I didn’t go to Smith, I want nothing to do with Smith, and I’m not donating to Smith “south”.

Finally, if that isn’t enough, the treatment of Tony by those currently in charge was unforgivable.

That is why I don’t continue.

Go Indians!

Thanks for your thoughtful observations. I would only reply that, while this may be just marketing and nobody cares about you, this is an intensely personal story. We all give for our own reasons, and William and Mary basketball has meant a lot to me and my family on a personal level. I am giving to the recruitment fund, because we need resources for the future of the program.

RE: OTOD - nj alum - 04-16-2019 12:55 PM

I get it.

I also get that academia has turned into a business, and from the school’s point of view, today is all business ... cloaked with the cover of nostalgia.

From the business point of view, use the money for Tony’s buyout and apply it to the recruiting budget.

RE: OTOD - soccerguy315 - 04-16-2019 01:12 PM

I gave to MBB and the Pep Band :)

RE: OTOD - nj alum - 04-16-2019 01:17 PM

I gave to football when I bought season tickets, I gave to basketball when I bought season tickets, I gave to baseball when I bought season tickets, and I gave to the academic side when my son spent the summer in W’burg attending the summer session.

Those I will continue to do, unless the school really veers off course.

But I’m no longer willing to do “the other stuff”.

RE: OTOD - wml33t - 04-16-2019 02:14 PM

I appreciate the feedback and honest discussion on here. After thinking about it, I have chosen to contribute to Basketball as I have in years past.

RE: OTOD - ttgwm02 - 04-16-2019 06:06 PM

(04-16-2019 12:07 PM)nj alum Wrote:  As for the academic side, I didn’t go to Smith, I want nothing to do with Smith, and I’m not donating to Smith “south”.

Go Indians!

Laughed out loud at this. My GF was a non-traditional student and we looked at Smith when I was practicing in New York. That was one of the most unpleasant, hostile, and rude environments I have ever set foot in - and I litigated in New York City and in DC. The admissions staff was haughty, the tour guide was slovenly and elitist, and not a single student smiled when we walked by. I thought the folks at Harvard Law were awful, but this was ten times worse. To say nothing of the interactions I had when my GF was doing her interview and I wandered the campus. I was horrified when I heard we hired anyone who worked for that institution or embraced that atmosphere.

RE: OTOD - SoCal Frank - 04-16-2019 07:47 PM

Any institution that would hire JComey to teach ethics is unworthy of my support. It’s mind boggling! I support baseball and Coach B.

RE: OTOD - tribeinexile - 04-16-2019 07:49 PM

Made my contribution. My novel explaining my torment over this is posted over on the poorly named New AD's Huge's Decisions thread.

The only observation I can add here is how little passion has been expressed on this thread regarding donations for Football compared to the obvious angst over the Basketball situation. When I joined this Board I think was a more of a Football board than a Basketball board.

RE: OTOD - nogretheogre - 04-17-2019 08:51 AM

They were at 12100 donors or so when I checked last night at 10pm EST. Did they get their goal of 13K?

RE: OTOD - bubbadog57 - 04-17-2019 04:05 PM

I guess 13000+ contributors, with W&M athletics getting more than ever, disagree with some on this board.

And, by the way, just because our president comes from a college some have an exaggerated dislike for and transfers that dislike to her is remarkably closed mind thinking.

I remain angry at Tony's roughshod dismissal...but that doesn't mean I will abandon the student and our student-athletes.

RE: OTOD - Tribal - 04-17-2019 04:28 PM

(04-17-2019 04:05 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  I guess 13000+ contributors, with W&M athletics getting more than ever, disagree with some on this board.

And, by the way, just because our president comes from a college some have an exaggerated dislike for and transfers that dislike to her is remarkably closed mind thinking.

I remain angry at Tony's roughshod dismissal...but that doesn't mean I will abandon the student and our student-athletes.
Is there a way to see the breakdown?

Overall $$
How much is allocated to MBB?
How many $5-$10 donations?

I'd like to see that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: OTOD - nj alum - 04-17-2019 06:05 PM

(04-17-2019 04:05 PM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  I guess 13000+ contributors, with W&M athletics getting more than ever, disagree with some on this board.

Remarkably closed mind thinking? Really?

Do you know people who currently offer their services at W&M and have to deal with what’s going on? Because if you do, and I do, you would agree with me.

Those 13,000 people that disagree with me? You are a math wiz. Hey, get them to buy some tickets. Clearly, at least 9,000-10,000 of them don’t care about hoops, or else we’d have a sell-out for every home game.

Finally, our students and our student-athletes were abandoned by the Administration last month, not by me, and I will not fly “cover” for that as easily as you do.