CSNbbs
Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? (/thread-874315.html)

Pages: 1 2

Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - mempho_to_diego - 04-06-2019 03:12 PM

Talked about our '08 run ..

Supreme Bey (CDR) was featured.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - k2tigers - 04-06-2019 03:15 PM

Calipari held court again as usual

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - thagr82008 - 04-06-2019 03:48 PM

It's awesome that they MUST include the 2008 run to define, really justify the "hype" of John Calipari.... Until further notice, Yay Memphis 02-13-banana 04-rock He ain't winning a Natty @ UK anytime soon 03-phew

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Keeper - 04-07-2019 01:33 PM

His lifetime contract at ky will lapse as soon as the calipari rule (one and done) is finished.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - thagr82008 - 04-07-2019 02:25 PM

(04-07-2019 01:33 PM)Keeper Wrote:  His lifetime contract at ky will lapse as soon as the calipari rule (one and done) is finished.

03-lmfao

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - TallTiger - 04-07-2019 04:10 PM

I will be happy when he out of college basketball. An ambassador for uk means he won't be doing color for ESPN or CBS.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - rolexjames - 04-07-2019 07:27 PM

(04-07-2019 01:33 PM)Keeper Wrote:  His lifetime contract at ky will lapse as soon as the calipari rule (one and done) is finished.

I think it's amazing that since he no longer get the top 1 and done players, he's been the most vocal about getting rid of the rule. Hhmmmmmm

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - fishman6581 - 04-09-2019 02:14 PM

It's never been his rule. One could argue he doesn't even utilize it the best.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - salukiblue - 04-09-2019 02:23 PM

So the goofs who are saying he will "fail" once the one and done rule is gone--what players will be available?

The BEST college players who will play (likely 2+ years).

You are saying he still won't a large chunk of those top players? And then he'll have them for at least two years, some three or all four.

Think of that '08 team and how good those guys were compared to how they were two years earlier. Just let Cal develop a team of 2 and 3 year guys and see how he does.

Good lord.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - tigerderek - 04-09-2019 02:54 PM

(04-09-2019 02:23 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  So the goofs who are saying he will "fail" once the one and done rule is gone--what players will be available?

You are saying he still won't a large chunk of those top players? And then he'll have them for at least two years, some three or all four.

Think of that '08 team and how good those guys were compared to how they were two years earlier. Just let Cal develop a team of 2 and 3 year guys and see how he does.

Good lord.

I get what you’re saying but take rose off that team or shawne Williams off the 06 team or Evans off the team in 09... how far do those teams go?

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Dylan - 04-09-2019 07:27 PM

(04-09-2019 02:54 PM)tigerderek Wrote:  
(04-09-2019 02:23 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  So the goofs who are saying he will "fail" once the one and done rule is gone--what players will be available?

Good lord.

I get what you’re saying but take rose off that team or shawne Williams off the 06 team or Evans off the team in 09... how far do those teams go?

The ‘07 team went to the Elite 8 and didn’t have any of those guys. Went farther than the Tyreke team.

I realize there are a lot here that still hate the guy and I get it but there isn’t a real need to change history to fit a narrative.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - BigTigerMike - 04-09-2019 07:39 PM

Good lord.

Imagine Darrell Arthur not on Kansas. You see Duke, Kansas and North Carolinas of the world will be in the same boat as well when the one and done is gone, they will be getting good but not elite-draft-worthy prospects. So it will equal it out for all top teams

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - tigerderek - 04-09-2019 08:03 PM

(04-09-2019 07:27 PM)Dylan Wrote:  

Good lord.

The ‘07 team went to the Elite 8 and didn’t have any of those guys. Went farther than the Tyreke team.

I realize there are a lot here that still hate the guy and I get it but there isn’t a real need to change history to fit a narrative.

That’s also true,just shows the importance of bringing in kids that already have chemistry playing together...calipari will do fine regardless but may take a small dip.jmo

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Keeper - 04-10-2019 09:42 PM

Y'all don't remember when cal was getting commits from all the best players who decided to go to the draft instead. The calapari rule worked very well for him. How many one and dones left after he won it all at ky? The starting lineup?

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - BigBlueTiger901 - 04-11-2019 06:37 AM

(04-07-2019 02:25 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

If anything I think it's going to benefit Calipari. Now, he's going to attract borderline NBA prospects out of high school who will be really good players for 2-3 years. His past history with churning out NBA players is going to attract players he typically wouldn't look at or recruit. The difference is he will likely have these players 3 years instead of 1 and they won't be going up against the elite level prospects.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Tiger87 - 04-12-2019 08:52 PM

Hard to say whether Cal will be helped or hurt in relation to the rest of the NCAA by the rule change. The otherwise false bravado by some is amusing.

It's pretty easy to say the blue bloods will fare best, as they tend to do. But not so fast.

One decent assumption might be that there will be less money funneling from the shoe companies. And in that case, teams relying primarily upon that in recruiting will probably be hurt more than others.

A fact is that evaluation will be even more important. It's pretty easy to identify the top 15-25 high schoolers each year. It becomes much more tricky to identify the next 50 or so. That could be the blue bloods - or anyone else.

And related to that is the importance of development. As there will be even more misses in evaluation and the sure-fire locks will be going to the NBA, development will likely become even a greater factor in the NCAA.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Atlanta - 04-15-2019 09:45 AM

Cal will still be a great recruiter, still be a great motivator & still be an average floor coach with deer- in- the- headlights mentality in tight games late.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - gusrob - 04-15-2019 10:36 AM

(04-15-2019 09:45 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Cal will still be a great recruiter, still be a great motivator & still be an average floor coach with deer- in- the- headlights mentality in tight games late.

THIS ^^^

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - Keeper - 04-15-2019 05:40 PM

Cal's primary sales pitch at KY is, "come play at Big Blue and next years top pick will be You." Now they don't need big blue, and you know who will need a new recru.........ting spiel. He will develop one, but it might not be as effective for him. Before Rose, Camby was a sleeper who got by a lot of scouts. Before Rose the best recruiting job Cal had done was the freshman class who signed in '05. Before the Calapari rule he was a good recruiter but not a great one. Without his rule he will be out recruited again, just like Penny did with Wiseman. He will no longer be selling hype to the ones who believe their own hype.

RE: Any of yall catch the bit on Tigers today on cbs? - DALLAS TIGER 78 - 04-17-2019 09:40 AM

Good lord.

Rose almost left that team. The other day in a statement, I believe was CBS Sports, he called Cal THE DEVIL and said he almost quit the team. He also said “I hate him”.