CSNbbs
AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Tulsa (/forum-436.html)
+----- Thread: AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" (/thread-873962.html)

AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" - Foreverandever - 03-31-2019 02:44 PM

From the Tulsa rivals board, I haven't seen him post here, but he has popped up in other places so credit to Tulsa guy for pointing this out. He does apparently lurk around here so I want to make sure to give him credit.

Some of this is who or when we played. It's still a positive for a program looking for as many of those as they can find. It will be nice to see how much of a boost we can give these numbers if we start playing winning football again.

The numbers:

Tulsa Guy, post: 252299, member: 6661 Wrote:I hope I have done this correctly and did not make mistakes. Data from Sports Media Watch. Many AAC games were on CBSSN and ESPNU which were not rated. These are for AAC conference games only. Data was available for 13 games. Two of the rated games were on ABC and the rest were on ESPN and ESPN2.

The highest #1 rating was the AAC Championship game with a 3.321M viewership. (ABC)
The second highest #2 rating was USF/Houston game with a 2.035M viewership. This game was a reverse mirror telecast and I don't know how this affects the numbers. (ABC)
The third highest #3 rating was UCF/USF with a 1.741M viewership.
The fourth highest #4 rating was Temple/UCF with a 1.191M viewership.
The fifth highest #5 rating was Tulsa/USF with a 1.17 viewership.
The sixth highest #6 rating was Memphis/Tulane with a 738K viewership.
The seventh highest #7 rating was Tulsa/Temple with a 728K viewership.
The eighth highest #8 rating was Memphis/SMU with a 623K viewership.
The ninth highest #9 rating was Tulsa/Houston with a 562K viewership.
TV viewership for the remaining four AAC games was Navy/UCF, 385K; Tulane/Houston, 378K; UCF/UConn, 444K, and UCF/ECU, 486K.

Tulsa football may be struggling on the field but Tulsa is certainly doing its part to boost the AAC TV contract turning in some very good numbers for TV viewership. There is some controversy on the AAC message board about Tulsa's carrying its weight for the AAC conference. Well, here's your answer. Tulsa's TV viewership numbers are among the top in AAC, with 3 of the top 8 excluding the AAC Conference Championship game on ABC. So Tulsa is more than carrying its weight within AAC.

RE: AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" - Hurricane Drummer - 04-01-2019 10:52 AM

(03-31-2019 02:44 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  From the Tulsa rivals board, I haven't seen him post here, but he has popped up in other places so credit to Tulsa guy for pointing this out. He does apparently lurk around here so I want to make sure to give him credit.

Some of this is who or when we played. It's still a positive for a program looking for as many of those as they can find. It will be nice to see how much of a boost we can give these numbers if we start playing winning football again.

The numbers:

Tulsa Guy, post: 252299, member: 6661 Wrote:I hope I have done this correctly and did not make mistakes. Data from Sports Media Watch. Many AAC games were on CBSSN and ESPNU which were not rated. These are for AAC conference games only. Data was available for 13 games. Two of the rated games were on ABC and the rest were on ESPN and ESPN2.

The highest #1 rating was the AAC Championship game with a 3.321M viewership. (ABC)
The second highest #2 rating was USF/Houston game with a 2.035M viewership. This game was a reverse mirror telecast and I don't know how this affects the numbers. (ABC)
TV viewership for the remaining four AAC games was Navy/UCF, 385K; Tulane/Houston, 378K; UCF/UConn, 444K, and UCF/ECU, 486K.

Tulsa football may be struggling on the field but Tulsa is certainly doing its part to boost the AAC TV contract turning in some very good numbers for TV viewership. There is some controversy on the AAC message board about Tulsa's carrying its weight for the AAC conference. Well, here's your answer. Tulsa's TV viewership numbers are among the top in AAC, with 3 of the top 8 excluding the AAC Conference Championship game on ABC. So Tulsa is more than carrying its weight within AAC.

Saw that while lurking over on the rivals board. Nice info, and thank you Tulsa guy.

Gives a little ammo to throw back at the people who want us out of the league at least.

RE: AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" - Foreverandever - 04-01-2019 03:50 PM

(04-01-2019 10:52 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 02:44 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  From the Tulsa rivals board, I haven't seen him post here, but he has popped up in other places so credit to Tulsa guy for pointing this out. He does apparently lurk around here so I want to make sure to give him credit.

The numbers:

Saw that while lurking over on the rivals board. Nice info, and thank you Tulsa guy.

Gives a little ammo to throw back at the people who want us out of the league at least.

Especially when you look at the fact that its UCF, Houston, USF anchoring it. Then us and Temple as the bonus boost. The three anchors were the best teams last year and the largest. We still got nice pop though. Would be interesting to see how we did the last few years as well. Compare those to our 10 win season to see how much of a change a good team give us in eyeballs. That's the sort of thing where the marketing part of college sports can lead to increased donations, applications, and merchandise sells.

RE: AAC ratings "Tulsa has 3 of top 8 games ~ Tulsa Guy" - Foreverandever - 04-04-2019 02:40 PM

Inside the numbers for a regular season vs regular season comparison, since Tulsa didn't play in the Championship game and BYU doesn't have one.

MW viewership: 9 games, 3.277m total, average 364k, top game 814k
BYU viewership: 4 games, 2.144m total, average 536k, top game 647k

Tulsa viewership: 3 games, 2.407m total, average 802k, top game 1.17m

33% of MW games 65% of their total viewers, twice their average viewers, and 30% more top game to top game in comparison. In fact we had more people whatch us play USF than they had watch their championship game.

75% of BYU games, higher total viewers, higher average, and nearly double their top game to top game comparison.