CSNbbs
Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst (/thread-873916.html)

Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - NIU75 - 03-30-2019 04:15 PM

Bottom 25
https://moneywise.com/a/ch-b/worst-stadiums-in-college-football/p-6

EMU at #4. Several MAC stadiums listed in the worst 15.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - jjprender - 03-30-2019 04:41 PM

Honestly.. Im all for contrarian or provocative thought..but this post sucks... stadium issues known..take that negativity outta here

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - dogdangit - 03-30-2019 05:05 PM

(03-30-2019 04:41 PM)jjprender Wrote:  Honestly.. Im all for contrarian or provocative thought..but this post sucks... stadium issues known..take that negativity outta here

Exactly. The "article" is 100% click bait. No clear standards or methodology is used to rank these stadiums, just pictures and google reviews.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - Beach Boy - 03-30-2019 05:10 PM

They highlight is the fact "concessions don't take card." If that makes the stadium so bad, then that's ludicrous. No mention of sightlines, tailgating, closeness of seats to the field. Next time bring cash, idiot.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - prairiedawg - 03-30-2019 05:21 PM

(03-30-2019 04:41 PM)jjprender Wrote:  Honestly.. Im all for contrarian or provocative thought..but this post sucks... stadium issues known..take that negativity outta here

Agreed....some of our "fans" are just miserable. I love Huskie Stadium.05-mafia

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - pvk75 - 03-30-2019 05:57 PM

When someone headlines something "the worst of," what would you expect? The #1 sport in the world isn't football, baseball or basketball. It's criticism.

Anyone can play, any time. No uniform. No team. No stadium. No conference. No equipment. No rules. Just pick something and pick on it. And if you can get some click-bait ads and make a little money ....

Anyway, there are plenty of us who appreciate not having to battle crowds of 80,000 getting in and out, parking nightmares, 2-mile round-trip walks from a lot to the stadium, acres of dull pavement everywhere instead of lawn, and being so far from the field you need binoculars. Etc etc etc.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - NIUHuskie4life - 03-30-2019 09:46 PM

The fact that our stadium made this list doesnt bother me as much as this moron calling us University of Northern Illinois.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - pvk75 - 03-30-2019 10:07 PM

Kinda disqualifies the whole thing, doesn't it?

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - Dtownboys - 03-30-2019 10:30 PM

(03-30-2019 10:07 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Kinda disqualifies the whole thing, doesn't it?

Yes it does. I believe this came out a while ago but I didn’t confirm becuase it would waste my time. If it’s the same, they did no research and many facts were wrong. By the way, concessions does take cards now. It drives me nuts by the way becuase it takes longer.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - IWokeUpLikeThis - 03-30-2019 11:04 PM

(03-30-2019 05:57 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Anyway, there are plenty of us who appreciate not having to battle crowds of 80,000 getting in and out, parking nightmares, 2-mile round-trip walks from a lot to the stadium, acres of dull pavement everywhere instead of lawn, and being so far from the field you need binoculars. Etc etc etc.

Amen. My #1 hobby is travelling CFB stadiums each fall Saturday and the legendary behemoth stadiums often end up my least favorites. Taking an hour to park a mile away, no room on concourses, half hour concession/bathroom waits, hour of standstill traffic to leave, etc. Doesn’t sound so bad in theory but it frustrates your whole day going through it.

Love me some Glass Bowl, Waldo, Akron, etc. Huskie Stadium might be average but it checks all the convenience boxes.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - randyfensfanclub1 - 03-30-2019 11:43 PM

I have been to only one other stadium where they had port a potties. Old Soldier Field. And that was 20 years ago.

Concessions, bathrooms the maze of ramps where, if you are unfamiliar with the layout, you need to leave a trail of corn to find your way back are pretty bad. If you sit high you should get a certificate that you completed a Spartan event.

Yeah, the article itself is worthless but the stadium amenities and layout are a joke. Any architect that worked on it should have been fired.

If not for the great sight lines, most of which is due to the raising of the stands, it would be in the worst stadium conversation.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - pvk75 - 03-30-2019 11:58 PM

You hit it right on. Old Soldier Field was a schmuck design.

As to Huskie Stadium, the West Grandstand was opened in '65, and its interior structure used architectural/engineering standards of the time. Things are tight in there, and some other sports use space, so not much room to remodel 'til they move out (if ever). What bums me is the East Grandstand, opened in '95. I watched it being built. One look at the seating "face" tells you what's wrong. People sitting in the top half have to go all the way up, then down to use the restrooms or concessions, cuz all the seat-access gates are at the bottom. Maybe that's why some fans figured what-the-hell and went home at halftime.

Or it could be that RC's old three-and-out offense was so boring it was comfier to just nap in the car and listen on the radio.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - MaddDawgz02 - 03-31-2019 02:57 AM

Like most stadiums, when its empty it sucks, When Huskie stadium is packed, it is a very intimidating place to play.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - NIU007 - 03-31-2019 09:59 AM

The bathrooms are terrible and the layout isn't good.

But I appreciate not having huge lines for everything and getting good seats for the money.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - JoeNovak - 03-31-2019 03:10 PM

(03-31-2019 02:57 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Like most stadiums, when its empty it sucks, When Huskie stadium is packed, it is a very intimidating place to play.

Yep, exactly. All you have to do is watch highlights of that 2003 season. Huskie stadium was rocking.

RE: Huskie Stadium #19 Worst - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 03-31-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:The Huskies are a solid team in the MAC, but they have a lackluster stadium to play in. Even fans who have nice things to say about their game experience say the venue needs a refresh.

"Has that old stadium feel. Concessions don't take card and the ATM was out of money," says one Google reviewer, who adds: "Over all had a good time."

Huskie Stadium is due for some upgrades. It was built in 1965 and has a capacity south of 25,000.

Agree can use a refresh, but IMO a great place to watch a game with no bad seats and some really great seats. Bathrooms could use an overhaul, especially the ones with one stall and one urinal. Nice tailgate atmosphere especially on Saturday games.

"Has that old stadium feel. Is this a bad thing or good thing? Certain professional baseball fans love the old stadium feel Concessions don't take card and the ATM was out of money, Probably an easy fix" says one Google reviewer, who adds: "Over all had a good time."

Hot dogs are good when you can get them COGS 05-stirthepot