CSNbbs
Yale series or single game? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Yale series or single game? (/thread-872832.html)

Yale series or single game? - tkgrrett - 03-17-2019 11:41 AM

Watching Ivy League championship game (Ivy alum) and occured to me - was the Yale game this year a single game or a series?

Would love to see us play Yale in person next year if it's ongoing.

RE: Yale series or single game? - HarvardTiger - 03-17-2019 11:52 AM

(03-17-2019 11:41 AM)tkgrrett Wrote:  Watching Ivy League championship game (Ivy alum) and occured to me - was the Yale game this year a single game or a series?

I thought it was a one shot deal that Hardaway scheduled to tough up this year's slate. I haven't seen anything about a return game.

RE: Yale series or single game? - tkgrrett - 03-17-2019 12:30 PM

(03-17-2019 11:52 AM)HarvardTiger Wrote:  
(03-17-2019 11:41 AM)tkgrrett Wrote:  Watching Ivy League championship game (Ivy alum) and occured to me - was the Yale game this year a single game or a series?

I thought it was a one shot deal that Hardaway scheduled to tough up this year's slate. I haven't seen anything about a return game.

Yeah that's what I thought unfortunately. Would love to see us get a series going with either Harvard, Yale or Penn. Solid programs with good coaches and would be good to get our guys out to experience those cities/campuses

RE: Yale series or single game? - Bsquared-2 - 03-17-2019 12:33 PM

Lets make it an annual AAC Ivy League challenge.

RE: Yale series or single game? - tkgrrett - 03-17-2019 12:35 PM

(03-17-2019 12:33 PM)Bsquared-2 Wrote:  Lets make it an annual AAC Ivy League challenge.

Nah .. bottom of the Ivy is Sun Belt level bad with no intention of improving. Wouldnt want to do a full league challenge

RE: Yale series or single game? - Hoots - 03-17-2019 12:35 PM

Watching Harvard/Yale, too. Very entertaining.

RE: Yale series or single game? - macgar32 - 03-17-2019 12:50 PM

Nothing good can come from playing @ Yale...

Maybe to computers but no value in the mind of the committee. Too much risk too little reward.

RE: Yale series or single game? - tkgrrett - 03-17-2019 01:04 PM

(03-17-2019 12:50 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Maybe to computers but no value in the mind of the committee. Too much risk too little reward.

I mean sure.. nothing good except our players getting to experience a world class academic institution and campus, maybe make some connections with a new set of future global and business leaders.. maybe make the short hop to NYC as well and spend time in a global tier 1 city

From this year on if a game @Yale makes or break us we aren't living up to expectations anyway

RE: Yale series or single game? - macgar32 - 03-17-2019 02:22 PM

(03-17-2019 01:04 PM)tkgrrett Wrote:  

I mean sure.. nothing good except our players getting to experience a world class academic institution and campus, maybe make some connections with a new set of future global and business leaders.. maybe make the short hop to NYC as well and spend time in a global tier 1 city

From this year on if a game @Yale makes or break us we aren't living up to expectations anyway

To each his own...

I doubt walking on the campus of Yale and playing against Yale players is going to be that valuable to basketball players.

RE: Yale series or single game? - micman - 03-17-2019 04:05 PM

Playing at Penn in the Palestra would be cool.

RE: Yale series or single game? - HarvardTiger - 03-17-2019 04:11 PM

(03-17-2019 12:33 PM)Bsquared-2 Wrote:  Lets make it an annual AAC Ivy League challenge.

a Saturday tripleheader at Madison Square Garden would be interesting.

UConn vs Yale
Cincinnati vs Penn
Memphis vs Harvard

Yale series or single game? - fsquid - 03-17-2019 04:20 PM

Do it at the Palestra and I'm sold

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RE: Yale series or single game? - MemphisFan95 - 03-17-2019 05:05 PM

(03-17-2019 02:22 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  

To each his own...

I doubt walking on the campus of Yale and playing against Yale players is going to be that valuable to basketball players.

Exactly I have walked on UTKs and Ole Miss's campus and it didn't give me the urge to have relations with my sister/cousin. The campus doesn't rub off on you.

RE: Yale series or single game? - snowtiger - 03-17-2019 05:31 PM

(03-17-2019 05:05 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  

To each his own...

Exactly I have walked on UTKs and Ole Miss's campus and it didn't give me the urge to have relations with my sister/cousin. The campus doesn't rub off on you.

Try the dorms.

RE: Yale series or single game? - Keeper - 03-17-2019 05:43 PM

(03-17-2019 05:05 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  

To each his own...

You didn't drink enough Rebel Yell for breakfast. At lunch you shift to Wild Turkey. Evening you call your sister.

RE: Yale series or single game? - TigerfaninKY - 03-18-2019 02:15 AM

Uh how about no... If we are gonna do a conference challenge it should be either the Big East or the Pac-12. Playing against any other weaker conference does us(Memphis) or the AAC no good. The point of those challenges are to provide the schools with resume building oppurtunities.