CSNbbs
ODU vs UAB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: ODU vs UAB (/thread-872598.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-14-2019 10:22 PM

We broke the two-game slide and hopefully the guys have some weight lifted off their shoulders.

Nothing like a win to unite the guys and smash whatever funk was settled on them

Let’s Go Monarchs!!

RE: ODU vs UAB - ODUDJ96 - 03-14-2019 10:26 PM

Yes, sir! Know your role my friend after a miracle victory - it certainly matters!!! I greatly appreciate 09 contributions to the season as well!

RE: ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-14-2019 10:45 PM

I’d just like to see the guys have fun again when they’re out there... playing fast and loose

RE: ODU vs UAB - ODUsmitty - 03-14-2019 10:46 PM

If we win vs UAB tomorrow, tradition mandates:
1. I buy a good bottle of bourbon in honor of Petey
2. Oysters must be grilled on my back patio in honor of Dancing Monarch, Monarchs Won, the Iliadis', etc.

Traditions are a *****, but you dare not break them.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-15-2019 12:44 AM

(03-14-2019 10:46 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  If we win vs UAB tomorrow, tradition mandates:
2. Oysters must be grilled on my back patio in honor of Dancing Monarch, Monarchs Won, the Iliadis', etc.

Smitty... the last time I tasted your roasted oysters, was the night we cut the nets down in the big brown dump... that was 8 friggin years ago.

This ends on Saturday.

I bet we're a different team from here on out. the guys believe now.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-15-2019 12:51 AM

and now it's a revenge tour with UAB and USM in our path...

Time to pay these fools back...

Let's savor wearing the home-white uniforms... we're the fooking champs of this conference.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-15-2019 01:28 AM

OK, we beat UAB in their gym by 11

They beat us on Senior Night by 14 and kicked us while we were down.... and you never kick a Lion when he's down.

[Image: e826ab6a808291ea9cef8c0fc4ad4f2d.jpg]

RE: ODU vs UAB - Grommet - 03-15-2019 05:58 AM

Petey's got the hot hand now...lead us on to victory!

RE: ODU vs UAB - Obiwan - 03-15-2019 06:13 AM

Going to be interesting to see the hand shake after this game - my money is on JJ having a very intentional hand shake this time as we pull it together with a strong showing this afternoon. ODU 70 UAB 63

RE: ODU vs UAB - mac - 03-15-2019 06:17 AM

Man would I like to see the Monarchs score 70 or more. They are in a serious funk. Need to get the rebounds and turn into the running Monarchs like they were more in the early season.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Obiwan - 03-15-2019 06:27 AM

(03-15-2019 06:17 AM)mac Wrote:  Man would I like to see the Monarchs score 70 or more. They are in a serious funk. Need to get the rebounds and turn into the running Monarchs like they were more in the early season.

They are due my friend .. just need BJ to get it going needs to substantiate his POY and give us 28 Caver has the look of he wants more so I think he will give us 20 at least . Need the front court to man up for a dozen and then sprinkle in the bench points for the rest ...

RE: ODU vs UAB - mac - 03-15-2019 06:36 AM

Ok, it’s easy I see!!

RE: ODU vs UAB - EverRespect - 03-15-2019 06:54 AM

This is Zip's breakout game. He'll go for 16.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Mr.BigBlue - 03-15-2019 07:39 AM

This game will be a chess match. Last game we really focused on stopping Zack Bryant. He had a mediocre game for UAB last time and they still beat us. I think we spent too much focus on him and let others have more flexibility to create offense. It should be interesting to see how we play this one. I think we play some zone to keep them in front of us. UAB has been a team we have struggled against. UAB has been the team that has scared me the most to play. If we can get a little scoring from the post and BJ can find his scoring it will be a close game. BJ and Caver needs to drive the ball and draw fouls and let their outside game come to them after layups and free throws. If we get by this one....I think we win the CUSA championship.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Punk - 03-15-2019 07:41 AM

I expect some zone mixed in this time. I really felt like Coach didn't want them to see it last weekend and held it back.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Blue Moon Rising - 03-15-2019 07:41 AM

(03-15-2019 06:54 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  This is Zip's breakout game. He'll go for 16.

He'll be lucky to get 16 minutes! That's how JJ rewards good play

RE: ODU vs UAB - EverRespect - 03-15-2019 07:43 AM

(03-15-2019 12:51 AM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  and now it's a revenge tour with UAB and USM in our path...

Time to pay these fools back...

Let's savor wearing the home-white uniforms... we're the fooking champs of this conference.

I'd rather get revenge on WKU for beating us 3 times last year.

RE: ODU vs UAB - ODU_NYG - 03-15-2019 07:44 AM

(03-15-2019 12:44 AM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  
(03-14-2019 10:46 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  If we win vs UAB tomorrow, tradition mandates:

Smitty... the last time I tasted your roasted oysters, was the night we cut the nets down in the big brown dump... that was 8 friggin years ago.

This ends on Saturday.

C'mon guys. TMI. :)

RE: ODU vs UAB - EverRespect - 03-15-2019 07:48 AM

(03-15-2019 07:39 AM)Mr.BigBlue Wrote:  This game will be a chess match. Last game we really focused on stopping Zack Bryant. He had a mediocre game for UAB last time and they still beat us. I think we spent too much focus on him and let others have more flexibility to create offense. It should be interesting to see how we play this one. I think we play some zone to keep them in front of us. UAB has been a team we have struggled against. UAB has been the team that has scared me the most to play. If we can get a little scoring from the post and BJ can find his scoring it will be a close game. BJ and Caver needs to drive the ball and draw fouls and let their outside game come to them after layups and free throws. If we get by this one....I think we win the CUSA championship.

JJ needs to just let them play and not overcoach this one. We are the better team, position by position. No need to key in on stopping anyone at the expense of being vulnerable elsewhere and stop with the damn overexaggerated efforts to slow down the pace. Just be natural, play the game, and win. If we make the NCAAs and get matched up against a 3 or 4 seed, that is the time to worry about strategic matchups, slowing down pace, and neutralizing individuals. Not against UAB (or USM, LT, and WKU for that matter). The team was overcoached in the last 3 games and almost went 0-3. We played faster and looser against WKU, who is much more talented and athletic than the last 3 teams we played, and against UTSA, who plays at a much faster pace.

RE: ODU vs UAB - Petey Hodge - 03-15-2019 08:24 AM

(03-15-2019 07:44 AM)ODU_NYG Wrote:  
(03-15-2019 12:44 AM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  

This ends on Saturday.

C'mon guys. TMI. :)

They were salty and sweet... buttery!

LOL