CSNbbs
Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston (/thread-872339.html)

Pages: 1 2

Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Fort Bend Owl - 03-12-2019 07:11 AM

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/bizfeed/article/Gov-Abbott-pitches-Ellington-as-Space-Force-13680294.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=sftwitter&utm_campaign=socialflow

Someone asked me to post a new article in praise of President Trump. This is as close as I can get.

I liked Governor Abbott's letter to President Trump the other day in which he urged Trump to use Ellington Field as the base for the proposed new Space Force due to its military space already established, as well as its close proximity to the NASA Space Center in League City. While I would be in favor of Houston getting a new government agency, I'm not sure Ellington Field would be the ideal location for the entire operation (of course I'm not sure anyone knows how big or small that operation would end up being quite yet). Ellington is close to some highly congested parts of Houston and I-45 is usually a mess in terms of traffic southeast of Houston.

I do think it could be put somewhere in South/Southeast Houston as there is plenty of room for large operations in that part of Texas. I might recommend part of it going a bit south of that though towards Alvin/Santa Fe. For one thing, you're still pretty close to both Ellington and League City, and for another, eventually the Grand Parkway will be extended in that part of Houston, which will give you even easier access to those two places from Alvin/Santa Fe.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Paul M - 03-12-2019 07:43 AM

Still many many years away from needing any such force. By that time I'm not even sure there would be a need for armed troops.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - EverRespect - 03-12-2019 07:47 AM

There will always be a need for armed forces. Maybe not to defeat the opposing military, but someone needs to quell the hoards and uprisings. You can't stop Mohamed from driving trucks through crowds of innocent civilians from space.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Paul M - 03-12-2019 08:02 AM

Was speaking only in respect to armed space troops. We're a long way from fighting the Arachnids.

Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - JMUDunk - 03-12-2019 08:20 AM

He needs to send it to Milwaukee and Detroit.

Build the space force, reinvigorate those struggling areas, and do a

BIG ASSS flyover during the Berns nomination acceptance speech.

Have em play the Flight of the Valkyries or the Stones as they break the sound barrier zooming overhead.

It’ll be great

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Marc Mensa - 03-12-2019 10:29 AM

I thought Texas was going to secede?

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Attackcoog - 03-12-2019 10:31 AM

(03-12-2019 10:29 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  I thought Texas was going to secede?

No. He said Texas will succeed.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - BadgerMJ - 03-12-2019 10:32 AM

(03-12-2019 07:47 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  There will always be a need for armed forces. Maybe not to defeat the opposing military, but someone needs to quell the hoards and uprisings. You can't stop Mohamed from driving trucks through crowds of innocent civilians from space.

True. Unless Independence Day happens sooner rather than later, it's something that can be put on the backburner.

We're in FAR more danger from the likes of Ilhan Omar than we are The Borg or Predator....

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - bullet - 03-12-2019 11:38 AM

(03-12-2019 10:32 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(03-12-2019 07:47 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  There will always be a need for armed forces. Maybe not to defeat the opposing military, but someone needs to quell the hoards and uprisings. You can't stop Mohamed from driving trucks through crowds of innocent civilians from space.

True. Unless Independence Day happens sooner rather than later, it's something that can be put on the backburner.

We're in FAR more danger from the likes of Ilhan Omar than we are The Borg or Predator....

The Space Force is about the Chinese and Russians.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - SuperFlyBCat - 03-12-2019 11:56 AM

(03-12-2019 11:38 AM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-12-2019 10:32 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  

The Space Force is about the Chinese and Russians.

Yep. China announced some sort of a space satellite energy program that is designed to run their power grid from space. It is probably a military operation.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - bullet - 03-12-2019 12:00 PM

And they blew up a satellite as a test of their ability to do so a few years back, leaving a trail of dangerous space debris.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - HeartOfDixie - 03-12-2019 04:30 PM

...Huntsville

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - bullet - 03-12-2019 04:31 PM

(03-12-2019 04:30 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  ...Huntsville

So north of Houston.04-cheers

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - swagsurfer11 - 03-12-2019 07:05 PM

Delete the space force.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Love and Honor - 03-12-2019 08:37 PM

(03-12-2019 08:20 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  He needs to send it to Milwaukee and Detroit.

Build the space force, reinvigorate those struggling areas, and do a

BIG ASSS flyover during the Berns nomination acceptance speech.

Have em play the Flight of the Valkyries or the Stones as they break the sound barrier zooming overhead.

It’ll be great

Logically speaking those don't make sense given their climate and distance from other space facilities, from that POV somewhere in Florida or near Houston makes the most sense (fun fact, Lake Geneva, WI was a finalist location for the Air Force Academy). Those cities aren't known for peachy climate either, which makes the desert southwest better from that perspective even if they're far from the space facilities of the south.

The Space Force is a silly sci-fi name, but it has a legit purpose. Even friggen Neil deGrasse Tyson said so. I'm just looking forward to the day when they're playing for the Commander In Chief Trophy at Armstrong Stadium on the moon.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - GeminiCoog - 03-13-2019 12:48 AM

I'm all for it.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Stick4489 - 03-13-2019 08:26 AM

I hope he uses it to defend The Wall.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - Redwingtom - 03-13-2019 10:50 AM

So, state governor wants federal pork. Hardly anything new here.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - swagsurfer11 - 03-13-2019 04:38 PM

Bring it to Florida so Trump can keep a close eye on it.

RE: Texas Governor urges Trump to bring the Space Force to Houston - swagsurfer11 - 03-13-2019 04:40 PM

On second thought, the Al qaeda aliens (Alqaliens) will probably attack the Space Force first.