CSNbbs
climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable (/thread-871911.html)

climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - No Bull - 03-06-2019 03:31 PM

Collapse research paper located here

Since records began in 1850, seventeen of the eighteen hottest years have occurred since 2000. Important steps on climate mitigation and adaptation have been taken over the past decade. However, these steps could now be regarded as equivalent to walking up a landslide. If the landslide had not already begun, then quicker and bigger steps would get us to the top of where we want to be. Sadly, the latest climate data, emissions data and data on the spread of carbon-intensive lifestyles show that the landslide hasalready begun. As the point of no return can’t be fully known until after the event, ambitious work on reducing carbon emissions and extracting more from the air (naturally and synthetically) is more critical than ever. That must involve a new front of action on methane. Disruptive impacts from climate change are now inevitable. Geoengineeringis likely to be ineffective or counter-productive. Therefore, the mainstream climate policy community now recognises the need to work much more on adaptation to the effects of climate change. That must now rapidly permeate the broader field of people engaged in sustainable development as practitioners, researchers and educators. In assessing how our approaches could evolve, we need to appreciate what kind of adaptation is possible. Recent research suggests that human societies will experience disruptions to their basic functioning within less than ten years due to climate stress. Such disruptions include increased levels of malnutrition, starvation, disease, civil conflict and war – and will not avoid affluent nations.

Facebook Climate collapse support group

Deep Adaption Forum

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - banker - 03-06-2019 09:15 PM

Well, I guess that's it. Its been fun. Guess I'll get up and go to work tomorrow.

climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - Jjoey52 - 03-06-2019 09:17 PM

Same nonsense different day. Al Gore had most coastal cities underwater by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - No Bull - 03-06-2019 10:13 PM

The scary thing is a bunch of these "end timers" out there.

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - B_Hawk06 - 03-06-2019 10:16 PM

A facebook climate collapse support group?

LMFAO.

I'm deeeeeefinitely joining that for funsies.

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - stinkfist - 03-06-2019 10:19 PM

I made it to, "since records began...", then skimmed, then took a puff or three...

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm still alive in this horrid enviro....

[Image: giphy.webp]

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - stinkfist - 03-06-2019 10:20 PM

(03-06-2019 10:16 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  A facebook climate collapse support group?

LMFAO.

I'm deeeeeefinitely joining that for funsies.

I'd get banned after 1 post....

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - JRsec - 03-06-2019 10:46 PM

(03-06-2019 10:19 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I made it to, "since records began...", then skimmed, then took a puff or three...

Permit me to hazard a wild guess. Central heat and air!

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - stinkfist - 03-06-2019 11:15 PM

(03-06-2019 10:46 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 10:19 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  I made it to, "since records began...", then skimmed, then took a puff or three...

lmao...

my last power/gas bill was a buck-thirty total in 2200 ft2 abode....

and ze truck is crankin' to ozone depletion with r12 (fk 'em....I love re-engineering)....I bought out the supply when they banned that bs.....fk 134a

I know how to do certain thingys....

yeah, I'm that guy....

life....she's just a game....

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - EverRespect - 03-07-2019 09:01 AM

Climate change, LOL

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - BadgerMJ - 03-07-2019 09:22 AM

(03-06-2019 03:31 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Collapse research paper located here

Since records began in 1850, seventeen of the eighteen hottest years have occurred since 2000. Important steps on climate mitigation and adaptation have been taken over the past decade. However, these steps could now be regarded as equivalent to walking up a landslide. If the landslide had not already begun, then quicker and bigger steps would get us to the top of where we want to be. Sadly, the latest climate data, emissions data and data on the spread of carbon-intensive lifestyles show that the landslide hasalready begun. As the point of no return can’t be fully known until after the event, ambitious work on reducing carbon emissions and extracting more from the air (naturally and synthetically) is more critical than ever. That must involve a new front of action on methane. Disruptive impacts from climate change are now inevitable. Geoengineeringis likely to be ineffective or counter-productive. Therefore, the mainstream climate policy community now recognises the need to work much more on adaptation to the effects of climate change. That must now rapidly permeate the broader field of people engaged in sustainable development as practitioners, researchers and educators. In assessing how our approaches could evolve, we need to appreciate what kind of adaptation is possible. Recent research suggests that human societies will experience disruptions to their basic functioning within less than ten years due to climate stress. Such disruptions include increased levels of malnutrition, starvation, disease, civil conflict and war – and will not avoid affluent nations.

Deep Adaption Forum

If that's the case, time to turn up the A/C buy the gas guzzler, grill some steaks and party till the end!

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - JRsec - 03-07-2019 11:31 AM

(03-06-2019 11:15 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

lmao...

and ze truck is crankin' to ozone depletion with r12 (fk 'em....I love re-engineering)....I bought out the supply when they banned that bs.....fk 134a

yeah, I'm that guy....

Well that's some cool gas unless it's Dvina.

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - UofMTigerTim - 03-07-2019 12:35 PM

(03-07-2019 09:22 AM)BadgerMJ Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 03:31 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Collapse research paper located here

Deep Adaption Forum

If that's the case, time to turn up the A/C buy the gas guzzler, grill some steaks and party till the end!

I agree. If we are doomed might as well go out with a smile on our face.

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - stinkfist - 03-07-2019 11:02 PM

(03-07-2019 11:31 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(03-06-2019 11:15 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

lmao...

yeah, I'm that guy....

Well that's some cool gas unless it's Dvina.

lol....I must counter with a thingy the left can embrace...

[Image: 6G3z.gif]

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - oliveandblue - 03-07-2019 11:15 PM

We'll socially break down before the sea level becomes a problem.

After social failure, our carbon footprint finna be real small.

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - GoodOwl - 03-07-2019 11:38 PM

Um, remember when we were absolutely, definitely going to hit "peak oil" a few years ago...and we were supposed to be in a full-on oil scarcity crisis right now this moment? Yeah, not gonna panic about this one yet either.

What Ever Happened To Peak Oil?

[Image: PeakOilCampbellLaherrere.jpg]
Hint: this chart turned out to be very incorrect

linky: U.S. Will Soon Export More Oil, Liquids Than Saudi Arabia

climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - Centdukesfan - 03-08-2019 02:42 AM

It's inevitable

https://youtu.be/8v0rKdlbDyU

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - SoMs Eagle - 03-08-2019 07:17 AM

Best thing that could ever happen. Aren’t libs into natural selection?

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-08-2019 07:54 AM

(03-08-2019 02:42 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  It's inevitable

https://youtu.be/8v0rKdlbDyU

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

RE: climate-induced collapse is now inevitable - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-08-2019 07:56 AM

When this old planet Earth decides she can no longer tolerate the creepy crawly little parasites that we are she'll simply shake us off, like a dog shaking off water. This planet will be here long after we are extinct or have left for another home.