CSNbbs
[NEWS] Trump to declare national emergency - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: [NEWS] Trump to declare national emergency (/thread-870511.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Trump to declare national emergency - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-14-2019 05:44 PM

and signing a bill to keep government open.

Democratic 2020 candidates slam Trump's national emergency plan: 'Closer to a dictatorship'

A slew of Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls on Thursday condemned the Trump administration after the White House announced that in addition to signing a border security compromise package the president would also declare a national emergency to acquire funding for his campaign-promised wall at the nation’s southern border.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action -- including a national emergency -- to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. "The president is once again delivering on his promise to build the wall, protect the border, and secure our great country.”

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - fsquid - 02-14-2019 05:46 PM

yuck

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - JRsec - 02-14-2019 05:49 PM

(02-14-2019 05:44 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  and signing a bill to keep government open.

Democratic 2020 candidates slam Trump's national emergency plan: 'Closer to a dictatorship'

A slew of Democratic 2020 presidential hopefuls on Thursday condemned the Trump administration after the White House announced that in addition to signing a border security compromise package the president would also declare a national emergency to acquire funding for his campaign-promised wall at the nation’s southern border.

“President Trump will sign the government funding bill, and as he has stated before, he will also take other executive action -- including a national emergency -- to ensure we stop the national security and humanitarian crisis at the border," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement. "The president is once again delivering on his promise to build the wall, protect the border, and secure our great country.”

What's that Yankee word, oh yeah, Booyah!

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - olliebaba - 02-14-2019 05:55 PM

There's people crying that he's setting a precedent but it's all BS as in my mind Executive Orders aren't any different. Look at that "wonderful" Obamacare. He rammed that bill down our throats and didn't even blink an eye.

Do It Trump. Take more money than the 5.7 than you're asking.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - q5sys - 02-14-2019 05:56 PM

Im not a fan of a president being able to declare a National Emergency to get funding for something they want. Yes Congress should be able to get it done... but this ends up going nowhere good.
What happens when the next Dem gets in and decides they need 10 billion to provide health and hospitality services to illegal immigrants.
What happens when the the next Dem decides that they need 5 billion to overhaul the Dept of Education and add in mandatory 'gender education' in every grade at every school in the nation.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - Claw - 02-14-2019 05:57 PM

Hate to see it, but it is a matter of protecting the borders of the damn nation.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - Marc Mensa - 02-14-2019 06:01 PM

Climate change will be a national emergency in 2021... maybe even a green new deal... all w/o congressional approval.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - stinkfist - 02-14-2019 06:03 PM

(02-14-2019 05:57 PM)Claw Wrote:  Hate to see it, but it is a matter of protecting the borders of the damn nation.

I wish he would have done it before xmas.....

it's still OUR country....

piss on a donk...

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - stinkfist - 02-14-2019 06:04 PM

(02-14-2019 06:01 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Climate change will be a national emergency in 2021... maybe even a green new deal... all w/o congressional approval.

then that'll go to the courts too....

#loser

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - stinkfist - 02-14-2019 06:05 PM

(02-14-2019 05:55 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  There's people crying that he's setting a precedent but it's all BS as in my mind Executive Orders aren't any different. Look at that "wonderful" Obamacare. He rammed that bill down our throats and didn't even blink an eye.

Do It Trump. Take more money than the 5.7 than you're asking.

what was it ollie.....something like, 'we know what's in it until it's passed?'

piss on the donks...

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - JRsec - 02-14-2019 06:06 PM

(02-14-2019 05:56 PM)q5sys Wrote:  Im not a fan of a president being able to declare a National Emergency to get funding for something they want. Yes Congress should be able to get it done... but this ends up going nowhere good.
What happens when the next Dem gets in and decides they need 10 billion to provide health and hospitality services to illegal immigrants.
What happens when the the next Dem decides that they need 5 billion to overhaul the Dept of Education and add in mandatory 'gender education' in every grade at every school in the nation.

What happens in that scenario is the Federal Government faces its next crisis as many of its people will be in revolt. It is after all where extremism ends. I'd say the border is a major priority and the present deplorable state of security is an emergency, and it should have been declared back in the 80's.

I'd say we were closing the door after the crisis was already here, but my God, they just keep coming. If we do nothing it is going to get worse, a lot worse. Better to close it late than never!

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - swagsurfer11 - 02-14-2019 06:13 PM

Grab ur guns boyz, it’s time to round up some libs! #lockherup

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - DavidSt - 02-14-2019 06:15 PM

A Democrat President in the future could Declare A National Emergency and banned all guns. Trump is over stepping his bounds. The only time you call for a national emergency if we are attacked by another country or terrorists, and national disasters. There is no emergency to declare.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - Fort Bend Owl - 02-14-2019 06:17 PM

I haven't seen a good article yet that actually describes in detail what this means. It's rather stupid to call this a news thread but lead off with links about Democrats not liking it (of course they're not going to like it - no news there). I realize it's too early to know where they're going to try to build an actual wall, and how much it will cost. But I would think a national emergency should at least give us an idea of whether this is now considered a military operation, and if not, who is in charge of the construction.

At least when Bush established the Department of Homeland Security, there were some actual instructions that came with it.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-14-2019 06:19 PM

(02-14-2019 06:01 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Climate change will be a national emergency in 2021... maybe even a green new deal... all w/o congressional approval.

You have a dream, that's a good thing. Too bad they don't always come true though.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-14-2019 06:20 PM

(02-14-2019 06:15 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  A Democrat President in the future could Declare A National Emergency and banned all guns. Trump is over stepping his bounds. The only time you call for a national emergency if we are attacked by another country or terrorists, and national disasters. There is no emergency to declare.

That won't be pretty and won't end well for the left.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-14-2019 06:21 PM

(02-14-2019 06:17 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I haven't seen a good article yet that actually describes in detail what this means. It's rather stupid to call this a news thread but lead off with links about Democrats not liking it (of course they're not going to like it - no news there). I realize it's too early to know where they're going to try to build an actual wall, and how much it will cost. But I would think a national emergency should at least give us an idea of whether this is now considered a military operation, and if not, who is in charge of the construction.

At least when Bush established the Department of Homeland Security, there were some actual instructions that came with it.

He hasn't even declared it yet as far as I'm aware.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - SuperFlyBCat - 02-14-2019 06:24 PM

(02-14-2019 06:15 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  A Democrat President in the future could Declare A National Emergency and banned all guns. Trump is over stepping his bounds. The only time you call for a national emergency if we are attacked by another country or terrorists, and national disasters. There is no emergency to declare.

1,000 illegals have been arrested just in Texas for murder from 2011-2017. It has been an emergency for decades. As it relates to the bold part,
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=7957518]

Please have an original thought son.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - swagsurfer11 - 02-14-2019 06:33 PM

(02-14-2019 06:21 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(02-14-2019 06:17 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I haven't seen a good article yet that actually describes in detail what this means. It's rather stupid to call this a news thread but lead off with links about Democrats not liking it (of course they're not going to like it - no news there). I realize it's too early to know where they're going to try to build an actual wall, and how much it will cost. But I would think a national emergency should at least give us an idea of whether this is now considered a military operation, and if not, who is in charge of the construction.

He hasn't even declared it yet as far as I'm aware.

It’s declared in my neighborhood. We’re out here in these streets! Libs hidin’ tho.

RE: Trump to declare national emergency - q5sys - 02-14-2019 06:36 PM

See... they are already thinking about it. Dont give the corrupt power hungry far left a tool to accomplish something EVER! They'll use it and abuse it.

(02-14-2019 06:24 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

1,000 illegals have been arrested just in Texas for murder from 2011-2017. It has been an emergency for decades. As it relates to the bold part,
Please have an original thought son.

And they'll just spout some number about how many people have died by guns over the years... Which in the same 2011-2017 span has been +100K. I'm Pro 2nd ammendment... so I dont want them to use this argument. But if you give them the precedent... they'll run with it.

Anyway that you try to justify it... they'll use the same method to justify what they are doing.