CSNbbs
[NEWS] Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: [NEWS] Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress (/thread-870425.html)

Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - UofMstateU - 02-13-2019 04:44 PM

bout damned time..

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - SuperFlyBCat - 02-13-2019 04:48 PM

What a beautiful thing to do.

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - stinkfist - 02-13-2019 04:50 PM

03-thumbsup

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - UofMstateU - 02-13-2019 04:54 PM

Surely, the newly-formed budget hawks on the left on here would agree to support this?

Surely.............

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - stinkfist - 02-13-2019 04:56 PM

(02-13-2019 04:54 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Surely, the newly-formed budget hawks on the left on here would agree to support this?

Surely.............

03-lmfao

the anticipated dem response....

[Image: CrCS9sxXEAAYeng.jpg]

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - Claw - 02-13-2019 05:01 PM

I don't get this.

If anything we should be paying these people more - a LOT more - so they aren't so easily influenced by outside money.

I wouldn't mind seeing some conditions put on their pensions. That would be fair.

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - stinkfist - 02-13-2019 05:05 PM

(02-13-2019 05:01 PM)Claw Wrote:  I don't get this.

If anything we should be paying these people more - a LOT more - so they aren't so easily influenced by outside money.

I wouldn't mind seeing some conditions put on their pensions. That would be fair.

I've said the same exact thingy in the past with major independent oversight and jail time as the kicker....

however, that isn't going to happen...

this is better than status quo....

any change upward in accountability/transparency is good in my book....

I'm still begging for term limits and getting paid more than a college football corch....

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - UofMstateU - 02-13-2019 05:19 PM

(02-13-2019 04:56 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(02-13-2019 04:54 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Surely, the newly-formed budget hawks on the left on here would agree to support this?

Surely.............

03-lmfao

the anticipated dem response....

[Image: CrCS9sxXEAAYeng.jpg]

I suppose they are awaiting talking points from the hive-mind.

RE: Rick Scott sponsors bill to end taxpayer funded pensions for congress - SuperFlyBCat - 02-13-2019 05:27 PM

(02-13-2019 05:01 PM)Claw Wrote:  I don't get this.

Won't happen regardless of salary or pension. Like saying pay D1 football and basketball players 50K, the usual suspects will still find a way to pay the 5 stars 100K if they need to.