CSNbbs
[NEWS] Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: [NEWS] Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations (/thread-870255.html)

Pages: 1 2

Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - UofMstateU - 02-11-2019 10:12 AM

Trial will be held this fall.

The House ethics committee today released three charges of ethical wrongdoing against Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California.

The charges relate to whether Waters gave inappropriate assistance to a bank to which she had personal connections in getting federal bailout money.

The committee says Waters organized a meeting in 2008 between Treasury officials and executives from OneUnited Bank, where her husband was once a board member and had large investments. The bank received $12 million from the federal government's Troubled Asset Relief Program.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maxine-waters-charged-with-three-ethics-violations/

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - solohawks - 02-11-2019 11:14 AM

I got $50 with a "slap on the wrist" outcome

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - TigerBlue4Ever - 02-11-2019 11:19 AM

Not guilty...

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Eagleaidaholic - 02-11-2019 11:21 AM

Wonder how those "investments" did after that bailout?

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Chappy - 02-11-2019 11:52 AM

IMPEACH!

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - stinkfist - 02-11-2019 11:54 AM

(02-11-2019 11:21 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Wonder how those "investments" did after that bailout?

she's now the leader of the financial services committee....

that's all one need to know...

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Eldonabe - 02-11-2019 12:32 PM

These people kill me - I get that part of politics is differing opinions.... Waters has taken this to a whole new level though.

Her rhetoric and inciting/condoning verbal violence should get her banished from public office. I hope this gets her canned.

I may not agree with Pelosi or even her tactics, but at least she is political about it - Waters is just a highly paid and powerful activist.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - olliebaba - 02-11-2019 01:25 PM

(02-11-2019 12:32 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  These people kill me - I get that part of politics is differing opinions.... Waters has taken this to a whole new level though.

Her rhetoric and inciting/condoning verbal violence should get her banished from public office. I hope this gets her canned.

I may not agree with Pelosi or even her tactics, but at least she is political about it - Waters is just a highly paid and powerful activist.

she's on the same level as Al NotsoSharpton as far as getting away with A LOT.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Crebman - 02-11-2019 01:25 PM

(02-11-2019 10:12 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Trial will be held this fall.

The House ethics committee today released three charges of ethical wrongdoing against Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters of California.

The charges relate to whether Waters gave inappropriate assistance to a bank to which she had personal connections in getting federal bailout money.

The committee says Waters organized a meeting in 2008 between Treasury officials and executives from OneUnited Bank, where her husband was once a board member and had large investments. The bank received $12 million from the federal government's Troubled Asset Relief Program.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/maxine-waters-charged-with-three-ethics-violations/

Wonder if this will quiet her chants of "Impeach Trump" a bit..........seems maybe the smarter approach would be to pipe down on impeachment talk when she is being investigated, no?

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - stinkfist - 02-11-2019 01:33 PM

(02-11-2019 01:25 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

Wonder if this will quiet her chants of "Impeach Trump" a bit..........seems maybe the smarter approach would be to pipe down on impeachment talk when she is being investigated, no?

other than 'faux tom-tom reservation inhabitant' weirdo in the NE, those 'talks' have dried up dramatically....

even muh russia from the heads have dried up...

and why is that???

now, it's who can cummmm in their mouth last before 'paint dries' over the next 12 mos....

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Claw - 02-11-2019 01:34 PM

(02-11-2019 01:25 PM)Crebman Wrote:  

Oh no, no, no. She will step up her impeachment claims and claim the investigations are attempts to silence her.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Kaplony - 02-11-2019 01:50 PM

How long before these charges become racist?

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - Attackcoog - 02-11-2019 01:55 PM

lol....tip of the iceberg. She's filthy dirty.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - JRsec - 02-11-2019 02:21 PM

I'm shocked! I didn't know Maxine could count to 3.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - VA49er - 02-11-2019 02:22 PM

Nothing will come of this.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - 200yrs2late - 02-11-2019 02:26 PM

(02-11-2019 02:22 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Nothing will come of this.

Yep. We have already seen that that same laws that apply to Republicans don't apply to Democrats.

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - q5sys - 02-11-2019 03:30 PM

(02-11-2019 02:21 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I'm shocked! I didn't know Maxine could count to 3.

[Image: rmGaq.jpg]

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - JRsec - 02-11-2019 04:28 PM

(02-11-2019 03:30 PM)q5sys Wrote:  
(02-11-2019 02:21 PM)JRsec Wrote:  I'm shocked! I didn't know Maxine could count to 3.

[Image: rmGaq.jpg]
Cheap Vodka will do that to ya!

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - JMUDunk - 02-11-2019 04:54 PM

Are you suggesting she colluded for personal gain?

Let the 3 ring schitshow begin. 2020 gonna be hysterical. Not at all funny, but hysterical

RE: Maxine Waters charged with 3 counts of ethics violations - JMUDunk - 02-11-2019 04:57 PM

(02-11-2019 11:19 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Not guilty...

No, new rules remember?

If there's been a charge made, there's a crime and she's guilty. 07-coffee3