CSNbbs
Ideas for Coach Hammock - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Ideas for Coach Hammock (/thread-868757.html)

Ideas for Coach Hammock - NIU84 - 01-19-2019 12:08 AM

Continuing the giddiness on the board (yes I'm happy to have him!), I have a start up idea for him and STF.

I just saw on the news today that a new company is now offering......wait for it.......blood transfusions from young people, aged 16-25. The benefit is supposed to be improved health in older folks. Yes, this is a real thing. The kicker is one liter of red stuff costs 8K and 2 liters costs 12K.

SOOOOOOO....using my NIU math degree here, and a calculator...with 500 student athletes at NIU kicking out a liter of blood a month, we can generate a bloody 4 million dollars in add't funding per month.

And, we can offer discounted blood transfusion prices to those who attend home games, boosting attendance in the non-student sections!! That is the definition of a Huskie family, talk about blood lines!!

It's a no lose idea!!!

Friends, what else, beside 'win alot', can we suggest for the new guy?

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - NIUfrank - 01-19-2019 12:20 AM

That's the cost but what are they paying to people who donate? $500 bucks?

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - prairiedawg - 01-19-2019 12:36 AM

No gimmicks....buy season tickets

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - Rabid Squirrel - 01-19-2019 11:19 AM

Jiffy Lubes for humans. Super.

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - dogdangit - 01-19-2019 03:04 PM

You ever try working out after losing a liter of blood?

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - BDB5yp - 01-19-2019 04:53 PM

(01-19-2019 12:36 AM)prairiedawg Wrote:  No gimmicks....buy season tickets

Lol. What Prairiedawg said.....

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - huskie1stdown - 01-19-2019 05:54 PM

Pass patterns that use the whole field.
4 or 5 wide receiver sets.

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - NIU17 - 01-29-2019 02:24 PM

Does NIU football have any summer football camps for local kids? I know basketball used to. My son went to the summer basketball camps at NIU when Patton was there - I think it was for 5th-8th grade boys. He said Patton didn't help much, but the camps were so much fun and got the kids excited to be meeting and learning from the players and assistant coaches. And interested in NIU basketball. They stopped doing that and it is kind of missing out on a chance to get local kids interested in NIU athletics, especially basketball and football. I don't know if they made money (charged $100-$150 per kid for a 2 or 3 day schedule), but the kids stayed in Grant or Stevenson towers and had a blast.

RE: Ideas for Coach Hammock - JKHuskie45 - 01-29-2019 02:33 PM

(01-29-2019 02:24 PM)NIU17 Wrote:  Does NIU football have any summer football camps for local kids? I know basketball used to. My son went to the summer basketball camps at NIU when Patton was there - I think it was for 5th-8th grade boys. He said Patton didn't help much, but the camps were so much fun and got the kids excited to be meeting and learning from the players and assistant coaches. And interested in NIU basketball. They stopped doing that and it is kind of missing out on a chance to get local kids interested in NIU athletics, especially basketball and football. I don't know if they made money (charged $100-$150 per kid for a 2 or 3 day schedule), but the kids stayed in Grant or Stevenson towers and had a blast.

NIU annually has High School football camps open to all for about $50. I am not sure about camps for kids younger than this.