CSNbbs
NCAA women's basketball bracketology - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: NCAA women's basketball bracketology (/thread-868388.html)

NCAA women's basketball bracketology - Fort Bend Owl - 01-14-2019 11:18 AM

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

As of this morning, we're now listed as a 13 seed for the NCAA women's basketball tournament (against a 4 seed Gonzaga). It's a little early to get too excited over projections like this. CUSA is a 1-bid league according to this prediction, and Rice is listed merely because we're tied for the conference lead, and ESPN for now is projecting us to win the conference.

There's a lot of basketball left to be played and since we play the other top 3 teams in the conference on the road (UAB, MTSU and WKU), I'm taking this projection in stride. Honestly, we didn't do enough in the non-conference season to merit an at-large bid. Possibly if we win the CUSA regular season and say lose in the CUSA tournament in the finals or maybe semi-finals, then we might get an at-large (but it would probably mean we had a really good regular-season conference record). Most likely, we'll need to win the CUSA tournament to get into the NCAA's.

RE: NCAA women's basketball bracketology - ExcitedOwl18 - 01-14-2019 11:22 AM

I agree... Our non-conference schedule really lacked in teams RPI 75-150 which is where a team like Rice needs to make hay.

NCAA women's basketball bracketology - owl at the moon - 01-14-2019 07:35 PM

(01-14-2019 11:18 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

As of this morning, we're now listed as a 13 seed for the NCAA women's basketball tournament (against a 4 seed Gonzaga). It's a little early to get too excited over projections like this. CUSA is a 1-bid league according to this prediction, and Rice is listed merely because we're tied for the conference lead, and ESPN for now is projecting us to win the conference.

There's a lot of basketball left to be played and since we play the other top 3 teams in the conference on the road (UAB, MTSU and WKU), I'm taking this projection in stride. Honestly, we didn't do enough in the non-conference season to merit an at-large bid. Possibly if we win the CUSA regular season and say lose in the CUSA tournament in the finals or maybe semi-finals, then we might get an at-large (but it would probably mean we had a really good regular-season conference record). Most likely, we'll need to win the CUSA tournament to get into the NCAA's.

We may play those three on the road... which might make it harder to snag the top seed. But we play the tournament in our home state and can bring a solid ‘home’ crowd in Frisco.

(01-14-2019 11:22 AM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  I agree... Our non-conference schedule really lacked in teams RPI 75-150 which is where a team like Rice needs to make hay.

Rice has lots of alumni up in DFW. Even more this year than last year!