CSNbbs
FAU; Threadjack pt. 2 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+------ Forum: Smack Board (/forum-935.html)
+------ Thread: FAU; Threadjack pt. 2 (/thread-868189.html)

FAU; Threadjack pt. 2 - Razor Ramon Monarch - 01-10-2019 10:29 PM

(01-10-2019 09:40 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  This team has tremendous potential and could easily catch lightening in a bottle in March. But they need to put two complete halfs together in one game. Hasn’t happened yet this season. We would be top 25 caliber if we could play a complete game. The team needs to take this as a wake up call and start playing for 40 minutes. One game at a time.

You are absolutely delusional.

The only thing this team will be doing in March is watching trey porter play in the ncaa tourney.

This is the type of garbage that has allowed Jones more time when he’s done NOTHING to earn it.

He and I gave the same number of Ncaa tourney births this decade and the same number of ncaa tourney wins this millennium.

You can gtfo and take wood and jones with you.

RE: Florida Atlantic - ETSUDB8-79 - 01-10-2019 10:50 PM

(01-10-2019 10:29 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 09:40 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  This team has tremendous potential and could easily catch lightening in a bottle in March. But they need to put two complete halfs together in one game. Hasn’t happened yet this season. We would be top 25 caliber if we could play a complete game. The team needs to take this as a wake up call and start playing for 40 minutes. One game at a time.

The only thing this team will be doing in March is watching trey porter play in the ncaa tourney.

This is the type of garbage that has allowed Jones more time when he’s done NOTHING to earn it.

He and I gave the same number of Ncaa tourney births this decade and the same number of ncaa tourney wins this millennium.

So again you insult everyone else on the board while humbly telling us how much better you are (or at least equal to Coach Jones) on NCAAT wins. You are correct on that. If I might ask what is your regular season record compared to Coach Jones? Over the last 5, or 10 years. How many teams have you coached and what were their records? Especially at the college level? You love to point out the failings and miscalls others have made in the past. I am one of those who makes mistakes. What about your own? How great a career did Ramone Snowden have? How many posts did you make about him? You spent years telling us how great Mike Rhoades was as a coach but keep telling us this year that VCU is no good. Were you wrong about him? Should we make insults to you and demean your lack of intellect? What did Coach Jones do to you that you clearly hate him for? He took a job that was offered to him and as far as I know he did not do any dirty deals or payoffs to get it. I must agree with many others on this board that you appear to enjoy our defeats and deride our wins. Why? I will leave it here but there are more questions I have about your superior knowledge and attitude. Finally our mods allow you to throw insults at everyone (mostly about their intelligence) even though it violates the AUP. I don't know why but they do. Be the better man and stop the insults and just disagree.

RE: Florida Atlantic - Razor Ramon Monarch - 01-10-2019 10:53 PM

(01-10-2019 10:33 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 10:05 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 09:52 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 09:04 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 08:58 PM)bit_9 Wrote:  Some ticky tack fouls for FAU at home but they still beat us regardless. They were 8 of 11 from 3 in the first half?! That's just silly.

Caver needs to turn it back a notch and be more of a facilitator. He gets frantic when he tries to force things. Need X to stop be so on and off and get consistent. Right now you just shut down BJ and hope Caver is cold and forces things.

Unfortunately, we cannot afford for Caver/Stith to turn it back a notch unless the defense does better than it did tonight (and opposition doesnt shoot lgbts out)

We would really miss 1-10 from 3 . He has to stop jacking shots up early in the clock. It is not helping anything. Kithcart makes shots, maybe he needs to get those shots.

Caver had 20 points on 18 shots, which is not bad. 1-11 sucked but hit almost all of his 2s and made 5 free throws. Kitchcart is similar to Caver in efficiency, albeit with less shots. (More shots would likely mean less efficiency). Kithcart is not the shooter Caver is.

Im not sure you (and a couple other) harp on our beat player.
I'm not sure why you overrate that dude so much. Surely, you understand that terrible step back threes that he has no chance of making early in the shot clock are bad for the team, and that standing around pounding the rock for 15 seconds is not good for offense. You probably should also understand that 2 assistance in 40 minutes from your point guard will rarely get it done. He is good, maybe even very good, when he is focused on facilitating. He is not good at all when he is trying to be A.I.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

He doesn’t understand how basketball is played.

He still thinks stats like “usage” are the only way to analyze a sport that pretty much defies analysis.

It’s not baseball and it never will be.

100 times out of 100, on paper and in statistical analysis, uva beats umbc.

But they didn’t........and a guy who averages 5 points a game over 15 minutes is not as valuable as a guy who averages 20 a game over 32 minutes while still being the primary focus of the other team’s defense.

He pretends he has a clue, but he doesn’t.

Him saying we wouldn’t miss porter and that st joes is an at large team are all the proof you need.

RE: Florida Atlantic - Razor Ramon Monarch - 01-10-2019 10:59 PM

(01-10-2019 10:50 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  

So again you insult everyone else on the board while humbly telling us how much better you are (or at least equal to Coach Jones) on NCAAT wins. You are correct on that. If I might ask what is your regular season record compared to Coach Jones? Over the last 5, or 10 years. How many teams have you coached and what were their records? Especially at the college level? You love to point out the failings and miscalls others have made in the past. I am one of those who makes mistakes. What about your own? How great a career did Ramone Snowden have? How many posts did you make about him? You spent years telling us how great Mike Rhoades was as a coach but keep telling us this year that VCU is no good. Were you wrong about him? Should we make insults to you and demean your lack of intellect? What did Coach Jones do to you that you clearly hate him for? He took a job that was offered to him and as far as I know he did not do any dirty deals or payoffs to get it. I must agree with many others on this board that you appear to enjoy our defeats and deride our wins. Why? I will leave it here but there are more questions I have about your superior knowledge and attitude. Finally our mods allow you to throw insults at everyone (mostly about their intelligence) even though it violates the AUP. I don't know why but they do. Be the better man and stop the insults and just disagree.

People attack me on a daily basis, attack my fanship, my intelligence, my loyalty etc and why? Because I hope for more for odu?

I refuse to apologize for that.

I watched 162 games of Orioles baseball last year.

I watch just about every odu game, win or lose.

I think we can do better than Jeff Jones. I have nothing personal against him, my problem is with his coaching and his hiring in the first place.

So far, in 6 years, he’s done nothing other than prove me right. I said from day 1 my biggest fear is that he would be just good enough to not get fired but not good enough to take us anywhere that matters.

Yeah, don’t i look foolish! Lol

RE: Florida Atlantic - ODU True Blue - 01-11-2019 08:12 AM

(01-10-2019 10:59 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 10:50 PM)ETSUDB8-79 Wrote:  

People attack me on a daily basis, attack my fanship, my intelligence, my loyalty etc and why? Because I hope for more for odu?

I refuse to apologize for that.

I watched 162 games of Orioles baseball last year.

I watch just about every odu game, win or lose.

I think we can do better than Jeff Jones. I have nothing personal against him, my problem is with his coaching and his hiring in the first place.

So far, in 6 years, he’s done nothing other than prove me right. I said from day 1 my biggest fear is that he would be just good enough to not get fired but not good enough to take us anywhere that matters.

Yeah, don’t i look foolish! Lol

People attack you. yes they do. But go back to the CAABozone days you attacked everyone who disagreed with you. 100% of the time. Not just attacking because they said something about you. You attacked people just for disagreeing. How many times were you banned for attacking people? Don't play "woe is me. Everyone hates me" you brought that on completely by yourself.

I don't like you one bit. But, I love your passion. I know you want more for the school. You just have a crappy way of bringing it across and alienating everyone in the meantime.

RE: FAU; Threadjack pt. 2 - Monarchist13 - 01-11-2019 08:43 AM

(01-11-2019 08:18 AM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 11:54 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 11:49 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 11:42 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  
(01-10-2019 11:32 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  My yawn at this post just created a sonic boom.

Foh with your nonsense and delusions of grandeur. Going to bed gpa/troll from another state - got a job. Hope we win Saturday. I know where you stand.

You already know my job, embarrassing you on the Internet.

Business is good.

Go Monarchs! Hope we win Saturday! I know you’ll show up if we don’t. Foh to the trolls!!!

I'm guessing you're either 15 or 50. Ever since the first time you posted "FOH" you use it like its going out of style or its the next catch phrase. Please stop, because you sound like that annoying middle schooler trying to fit in with his peers. You know this one. LMAO. Cause thats what I'm doing reading your posts.

FAU played lights out but we should have won this game hands down. If you are a top caliber team, you WIN THIS GAME. There are no excuses. They may have played lights out but we PLAYED CRAP DEFENSE AND CRAP OFFENSE. I dont agree with everything RR says but if this team going to the NCAAT like a lot of you think we will, WE WIN THIS GAME.

While making the NCAAT would be great, I'd also prefer we get there and win doing something with it. With performances like last night, we crap the bed even if we make it. What an amazing feat that would be. The way we played last night we dont deserve anything close to the NCAAT. BJ better realize he's a senior and understand this team needs him scoring night in and night out if we are to become a "solid" team. Right now, we are not. We're a damn head case.

Splitting this to the appropriate thread.

RE: FAU; Threadjack pt. 2 - ODUDJ96 - 08-16-2019 08:20 PM

This didn’t age well...