CSNbbs
Kent State @ Louisville - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Kent State @ Louisville (/thread-866152.html)

Pages: 1 2

Kent State @ Louisville - fallsdog - 12-13-2018 01:58 PM

The Golden Flashes travel to the KFC Yumi Center in Louisville Kentucky to take on the Cardinals Saturday at 4PM. Louisville is 7-3 on the seasons with wins over Vermont, Michigan State and Seton Hall. The Cardinals three losses are to Indiana, Tennessee and Marquette. All of these have come by 9 points or less.

Louisville is 10 deep. The leading scorer is Jordan Nwora. The 6'7 sophomore from Buffalo (thank goodness he is at Louisville) averages 18 points and 7 rebounds per game. A group of seven players follow Nwora and average between 6 and 9 points per game. One of them is 6'11 sophomore Malik Williams who averages 6.3 points and 5 rebounds per night. He also has 17 blocked shots on the season. Ryan McMahon, a 6'0 junior from Sarasota appears to be a shooter that KSU will need to keep an eye on. McMahon is shooting 37% from 3 point range and 96% from the line.

Bottom line, KSU will need to bring their A game to knock of Louisville. If you have the ACC Network (yes, Kentucky is right there on the atlantic coast) I hope you enjoy the ballgame.

GO FLASHES!

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - anti-zip - 12-13-2018 08:18 PM

Louisville has a 6'6" Jr VJ King that went to St Vs for a couple years. He was a mega recruit but hasn't lived up to it yet. Currently averaging 6.9 ppg.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - ilovegymnast - 12-14-2018 07:41 PM

The game is showing on ESPN3s upcoming list. There is a womens basketball game on right now between UNC and UNC Greensboro that is part of the ACC Network extra channel. I was able to watch it with my directv login so it might be worth a shot to check now and see if you can watch it as well. I also have no problem giving out my login if anyone can't get on to watch. Im not sure how many streams ESPN3 lets one login do at a time but Im willing to find out!

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - delflash - 12-15-2018 07:56 AM

The Columbus Dispatch lists the game as being on STO. Apparently, STO is only available in the Cleveland area.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - FlashPan - 12-15-2018 12:08 PM

If you have the Directv sports package you should be able to view it on ur TV. Channels 628 and 662 among others listed on the DirectV guide; 662 is Sports Time Ohio I think.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - delflash - 12-15-2018 03:55 PM

Thanks Flashpan. My searches weren't turning up that info. I'll be watching on DirectV 662.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - anti-zip - 12-15-2018 04:45 PM

Louisville's length on the perimeter seems to be causing us problems getting into our offense.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - JimJoyce - 12-15-2018 05:00 PM

Good thing yall got those TV listings squared away. Would have been a shame to miss that first half.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - dannyb73 - 12-15-2018 05:12 PM

Louisville is just getting whatever they want. And everything is going in. Several of our guys are just totally outmatched today. Have a short memory and head to Corvallis and see if you can get a win there.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - anti-zip - 12-15-2018 05:47 PM

Walker's been playing at a really high level this year.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - GFlash68 - 12-15-2018 07:56 PM

Does anyone recall a better individual, offensive performance than Walker put on today. He was doubled and tripled and still was lights out. He was a little deficient at the foul line but he really looked big time. It is pretty obvious that this group of players hates losing. I was proud of them.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - dannyb73 - 12-15-2018 09:11 PM

(12-15-2018 07:56 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Does anyone recall a better individual, offensive performance than Walker put on today. He was doubled and tripled and still was lights out. He was a little deficient at the foul line but he really looked big time. It is pretty obvious that this group of players hates losing. I was proud of them.

Yes. Al Fisher at St. Louis. He scored 27 of our last 28 points and we won on his shot at the buzzer in OT. I was there, it was the most ridiculous performance I have ever seen.

https://kentstatesports.com/news/2008/11/20/11_20_2008_2891.aspx

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - goldenflash99 - 12-15-2018 09:34 PM

(12-15-2018 07:56 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  Does anyone recall a better individual, offensive performance than Walker put on today. He was doubled and tripled and still was lights out. He was a little deficient at the foul line but he really looked big time. It is pretty obvious that this group of players hates losing. I was proud of them.

Walker is having a heck of a start no doubt. I'd put Omni Smith's performance at Duke in 2005(?) up against any individual performance I've seen. He almost single-handedly led us to a program-defining win that night.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - axeme - 12-15-2018 09:38 PM

Just remembering some great individual performances: how about Omni Smith at Duke in December of 2006?
BOX SCORE

Edit: Great minds, 99!

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - anti-zip - 12-15-2018 10:11 PM

I would put Walker's 36 (including several crucial shots) in the come back win against Detroit a few weeks ago, and his 30 points in the MAC championship game against Akron right up there with today's performance.

I think declaring for the draft last year has done a world of good for Walker. I'm sure the teams he talked to all said they needed to see him become more efficient to consider taking him. I know it's early but he's not forcing bad shots like we've seen in the past. It's great to see. He's always been a great shooter, but his percentages never reflected how good because of his poor shot selection in previous years.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - dannyb73 - 12-15-2018 10:34 PM

(12-15-2018 09:38 PM)axeme Wrote:  Just remembering some great individual performances: how about Omni Smith at Duke in December of 2006?
BOX SCORE

I was at that game too. It was a great performance but not even close to the Al Fisher SLU game.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - dannyb73 - 12-15-2018 10:37 PM

Lol. Just looked at the box score. Mike McKee was a freshman. Came in the game and almost instantly committed the most ridiculous foul leading to a 4 point play and he sat on his butt on the bench the rest of the night.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - flash77 - 12-15-2018 11:45 PM

The demise of BJ Duling is frustrating. Played less than three minutes. Don't know if he is trying too hard, is a mental thing, or just doesn't have the skills for D1. It may help to start him for one of the next home games (Albany or Oberlin) & just let him play the whole game. It may make a difference if he knows he won't get yanked if blows a defensive play or makes an unforced turnover. Anyway, I am rooting for him & hope is can be a positive contributor.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - GFlash68 - 12-16-2018 01:19 AM

(12-15-2018 09:38 PM)axeme Wrote:  Just remembering some great individual performances: how about Omni Smith at Duke in December of 2006?
BOX SCORE

Yeppers, that was a great performance. Thanks for reminding me.

RE: Kent State @ Louisville - GFlash68 - 12-16-2018 01:21 AM

(12-15-2018 09:11 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Yes. Al Fisher at St. Louis. He scored 27 of our last 28 points and we won on his shot at the buzzer in OT. I was there, it was the most ridiculous performance I have ever seen.

https://kentstatesports.com/news/2008/11/20/11_20_2008_2891.aspx

I should have remembered this one but did not. It was one to remember. I also seem to remember that he had a great game at St. Marys, also.