CSNbbs
fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring (/thread-865869.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - NTTHOR - 12-09-2018 05:59 PM

https://twitter.com/DredaDon14/status/1071846112326283264

thought he was going to be the guy?

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - THUNDERStruck73 - 12-09-2018 06:15 PM

(12-09-2018 05:59 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  https://twitter.com/DredaDon14/status/1071846112326283264

thought he was going to be the guy?

Nah. C’mon man. Here’s how it’s gonna go:

(Insert certain FAU fan): “No big loss. He was gonna lose out anyway next year. We have a thirty-seven star qb in the wings ready to go. If only your program had our stable of qb’s. Hell, we have 8-star running backs who can play qb and win the conference.”

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - FAU Connoisseur - 12-09-2018 10:21 PM

I wanted to see him on the field...he was having trouble cracking the lineup. He wasn't a Kiffin recruit. I don't think he was going to have the opportunity. He has a ton of talent we couldn't get it out of him.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - WKUYG - 12-09-2018 10:30 PM

(12-09-2018 10:21 PM)FAU Connoisseur Wrote:  I wanted to see him on the field...he was having trouble cracking the lineup. He wasn't a Kiffin recruit. I don't think he was going to have the opportunity. He has a ton of talent we couldn't get it out of him.

Why wasn't he a Kiffin recruit? isn't this the kid that signed with Fla St then went to last chance u and signed with FAU when Kiffin took over?

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - HerdZoned - 12-09-2018 10:38 PM

(12-09-2018 10:21 PM)FAU Connoisseur Wrote:  I wanted to see him on the field...he was having trouble cracking the lineup. He wasn't a Kiffin recruit. I don't think he was going to have the opportunity. He has a ton of talent we couldn't get it out of him.

Sounds like a bunch of malarkey to me.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - SouthernMiss3613 - 12-10-2018 12:12 AM

What do you mean he wasn't a Kiffin recruit? I remember KIffin hand picking him when he got the FAU job.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - XYZ - 12-10-2018 02:04 AM

(12-10-2018 12:12 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  

What do you mean he wasn't a Kiffin recruit? I remember KIffin hand picking him when he got the FAU job.

Believe he was recruited by Charlie Partridge’s staff before Kiffin got the job. For some reason Kiffin just didn’t seem to give him much of a chance.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - OwlFamily - 12-10-2018 07:15 AM

(12-10-2018 02:04 AM)XYZ Wrote:  Believe he was recruited by Charlie Partridge’s staff before Kiffin got the job. For some reason Kiffin just didn’t seem to give him much of a chance.

This. D'andre transfer from JUCO was already in motion when Partridge was let go. I think Kiffin got association credit for it but it really wasn't his doing. The old AD Pat Chun and the CP staff had worked that deal out with vetting the kid.

After seeing both of them I think that Robinson has more upside with his arm. When D'andre came into the game he was primarily used for his leg and his arm strength didnt seem as good as Robinson. Robinson certainly made Freshman mistakes this year and it reflected in FAU's season but I think hes the future.

Wish D'andre the best of luck. He certainly attoned for his actions in that bar and has kept his nose clean and worked hard.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - WKUYG - 12-10-2018 09:00 AM

Charlie Partridge fired on Nov 27th, De'Andre Johnson was offered on Dec 9th but did not commit till Dec 14th, FAU hired Lane Kiffin on Dec 13th

time line

December 14, 2016: Signing
De'Andre Johnson signs letter of intent to Florida Atlantic Owls

December 14, 2016: Commitment
De'Andre Johnson commits to Florida Atlantic Owls

December 10, 2016: Offer
Florida Atlantic Owls offer De'Andre Johnson

December 09, 2016: Official Visit
De'Andre Johnson officially visits Florida Atlantic Owls

November 10, 2016: Offer
Texas State Bobcats offer De'Andre Johnson

February 27, 2016: Unofficial Visit
De'Andre Johnson unofficially visits Alabama Crimson Tide

February 26, 2016: Update
Johnson sets up unofficial visit to Alabama

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - D4RKW4T3R ROCK - 12-10-2018 09:04 AM

What happened to all of the FAU tool talk of how superior all of FAU players are to all the other CUSA teams. lol Noobs will be Noobs. Now that reality has firmly set in, any future domination talk can be set aside. Welcome to your one, and I repeat one, winning season before back to the norm. Let us sit back and watch the Lane train come off the tracks. I can't wait until we have FAU come to the Rock for some proper humiliation.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - FAU Connoisseur - 12-10-2018 09:44 AM

(12-09-2018 10:30 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Why wasn't he a Kiffin recruit? isn't this the kid that signed with Fla St then went to last chance u and signed with FAU when Kiffin took over?

He signed the day before Kiffin was hired...it was the work Charlie Partridge and staff and the university president.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - voss749 - 12-10-2018 10:05 AM

(12-10-2018 09:04 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  What happened to all of the FAU tool talk of how superior all of FAU players are to all the other CUSA teams. lol Noobs will be Noobs. Now that reality has firmly set in, any future domination talk can be set aside. Welcome to your one, and I repeat one, winning season before back to the norm. Let us sit back and watch the Lane train come off the tracks. I can't wait until we have FAU come to the Rock for some proper humiliation.

This is fairly typical FAU fans were over-predicting on the upside , now all the anti-FAU people are over-predicting on the downside.

The reality is next season will probably be the result in how well the Offensive line improves or not and whether Devin Singletary stays or goes into the draft. What Deandre did with FIU was force them to cover a running back and QB who can run like a RB on the field at the same time. The problem for FAU is that we didnt have the offensive line to make offense like that work for the whole season.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - usm99 - 12-10-2018 11:08 AM

(12-10-2018 10:05 AM)voss749 Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 09:04 AM)D4RKW4T3R ROCK Wrote:  What happened to all of the FAU tool talk of how superior all of FAU players are to all the other CUSA teams. lol Noobs will be Noobs. Now that reality has firmly set in, any future domination talk can be set aside. Welcome to your one, and I repeat one, winning season before back to the norm. Let us sit back and watch the Lane train come off the tracks. I can't wait until we have FAU come to the Rock for some proper humiliation.

This is fairly typical FAU fans were over-predicting on the upside , now all the anti-FAU people are over-predicting on the downside.

The reality is next season will probably be the result in how well the Offensive line improves or not and whether Devin Singletary stays or goes into the draft. What Deandre did with FIU was force them to cover a running back and QB who can run like a RB on the field at the same time. The problem for FAU is that we didnt have the offensive line to make offense like that work for the whole season.

Not so sure the offense was the problem as much as it was your defense....unless the offense/special teams allowed scores to happen against them (pick 6s, punt returns, KO returns) as FAU allowed 25 or more points in 9 of your 12 games with 31 or more points in 5 games.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - Ragu - 12-10-2018 11:16 AM

Yay another anti fau thread. ...

Players transfer all the time

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - Ragu - 12-10-2018 11:18 AM

One fau guy ran his mouth. Most southern miss guys run their mouth. Maybe win the new conference USA before you try to act so superior. At least fau did that

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - NorthTexan95 - 12-10-2018 11:25 AM

(12-10-2018 10:05 AM)voss749 Wrote:  Twhether Devin Singletary stays or goes into the draft.

I would recommend Singletary go into the draft. I believe all CUSA teams playing FAU next year would agree.

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - eaglebeaver - 12-10-2018 12:29 PM

(12-10-2018 11:18 AM)Ragu Wrote:  

All fau guys run their mouths. Most southern miss guys just respond. Maybe FAU should win the new conference USA more than once before they try to act so superior.

Fixed04-cheers

By the way, OP/MSUcks have't won an SEC football Championship since '63 and '41, respectfully....and they act superior 100% of the time. At least we have 5...

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - Ragu - 12-10-2018 12:31 PM

(12-10-2018 12:29 PM)eaglebeaver Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 11:18 AM)Ragu Wrote:  

All fau guys run their mouths. Most southern miss guys just respond. Maybe FAU should win the new conference USA more than once before they try to act so superior.

Fixed04-cheers

By the way, OP/MSUcks have't won an SEC football Championship since '63 and '41, respectfully....and they act superior 100% of the time. At least we have 5...

Well that's not accurate at all. You guys start stuff more than any other fanbase on here And act like you are superior more which is laughable

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - NTTHOR - 12-10-2018 12:40 PM

(12-10-2018 11:16 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Yay another anti fau thread. ...

not intended for that at all when i started this. just remember he being lauded by the fau fans, just wanted to know what happened or if it will really matter for your team

RE: fau fans...thoughts on qb transferring - Boca Rocket - 12-10-2018 12:48 PM

(12-10-2018 12:40 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 11:16 AM)Ragu Wrote:  Yay another anti fau thread. ...

not intended for that at all when i started this. just remember he being lauded by the fau fans, just wanted to know what happened or if it will really matter for your team

It won't matter. And this was not a surprise transfer. Yes. FAU's Defense was the issue.