CSNbbs
Marshall SPANKS USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Marshall SPANKS USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl (/thread-865284.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Marshall SPANKS USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - MU ATO - 12-02-2018 03:40 PM

Home game for USF in Tampa

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Cnelson203 - 12-02-2018 03:55 PM

Gonna be a tough game. We’d better be prepared. I’ll be there though, cheering on the Herd!

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - voss749 - 12-02-2018 04:22 PM

Its a GREAT bowl game for Marshall.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Cnelson203 - 12-02-2018 04:24 PM

The last time we were in this bowl, against Connecticut, it was well attended by Marshall fans. I suspect the same turnout here. It will get a lot of play in the local paper and media.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - THE NC Herd Fan - 12-02-2018 04:37 PM

Hopefully the train wreck in Blacksburg stays in Blacksburg, I think USF is probably a better team than VA Tech. Overall CUSA has drawn a lot of quality teams.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - The Knight Time - 12-02-2018 04:51 PM

Go Herd!!

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - goherd24herdfans - 12-02-2018 09:53 PM

All our bowls suck. No p5 matchups. USF should be an easy win, but then again, we have Doc. Thats worth a 20 pt handicap.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - MU ATO - 12-02-2018 10:08 PM

I think it’s cool they’ve moved the game to Raymond James Stadium where the Tampa Bay Bucs play.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - _sturt_ - 12-02-2018 10:45 PM

(12-02-2018 10:08 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  I think it’s cool they’ve a no-brainer to have moved the game to Raymond James Stadium where the Tampa Bay Bucs play.

Not sure what took them so long to figure that one out.

As to the game itself, USF is arguably the Jekyll/Hyde team of 2018... winning their first 7, losing ever since then. Will be interesting to see what the Vegas line looks like.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Matrix - 12-02-2018 11:07 PM

Go Herd! Go Conference USA!

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Cnelson203 - 12-03-2018 06:32 AM

(12-02-2018 09:53 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  All our bowls suck. No p5 matchups. USF should be an easy win, but then again, we have Doc. Thats worth a 20 pt handicap.

I hope that is home team bravado talking rather than a real assessment of this game's potential. USF is fast, strong, and if they come motivated, they are MORE than capable of handling us....rather easily, actually.

This is a home game for them, in their stadium. Expect a tough game

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - Tech80 - 12-03-2018 07:30 AM

We feel your pain Herd fans.

Tech has a road game too, not a bowl game. Of course, I don't really think it would matter where we played Hawaii right now. Our team is in disarray and I don't expect to see a very good effort. They will go to The Island, enjoy some time on the beach, and then get beach-slapped by the Rainbow Warriors. It'll be the end of our 4-game win streak in bowls.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - The Knight Time - 12-03-2018 08:52 AM

(12-03-2018 06:32 AM)Cnelson203 Wrote:  
(12-02-2018 09:53 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  All our bowls suck. No p5 matchups. USF should be an easy win, but then again, we have Doc. Thats worth a 20 pt handicap.

I hope that is home team bravado talking rather than a real assessment of this game's potential. USF is fast, strong, and if they come motivated, they are MORE than capable of handling us....rather easily, actually.

USF is fast but not really strong. Their lines can get pushed around.

They will be motivated for no other reason than snapping the 5 game losing streak in conference play.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - beefcake0520 - 12-03-2018 10:18 AM

(12-03-2018 08:52 AM)The Knight Time Wrote:  

They will be motivated for no other reason than snapping the 5 game losing streak in conference play.

Which doesnt bode well for them, especially against our DLine. Honestly some herd fans are pissed about 4 losses this year, and the lack of motivation witnessed against VT. Sour grapes, we can match USF just fine in talent. Doc has a good history of getting his team up for a bowl game, I like our odds.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - THUNDERStruck73 - 12-03-2018 11:41 AM

(12-03-2018 10:18 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  

Which doesnt bode well for them, especially against our DLine. Honestly some herd fans are pissed about 4 losses this year, and the lack of motivation witnessed against VT. Sour grapes, we can match USF just fine in talent. Doc has a good history of getting his team up for a bowl game, I like our odds.
Yeah, we’ll be in trouble if they have even so much as a mediocre passing game.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - herdfan129 - 12-03-2018 03:03 PM

I'm actually excited about this and think its a good bowl match up. I would be very happy if we continue our bowl streak by winning this game.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - 49RFootballNow - 12-03-2018 04:11 PM

If your guys can't win this one just for Marshall, then tell them C-USA needs them to win this one.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - _sturt_ - 12-03-2018 04:29 PM

Don't take that particular poster to be representative of Herd fans. His bravado is so well-documented, he earned the nickname Foregone Conclusion as a parody of his claims to being able to predict the future accurately.

More soberly and substantively, the wagering industry right now says it's Marshall by 2.5, after having opened with MU by 3.0.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - beefcake0520 - 12-03-2018 04:33 PM

(12-03-2018 11:41 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(12-03-2018 10:18 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  

Yeah, we’ll be in trouble if they have even so much as a mediocre passing game.
That's a given with any team we play, our style of defense leaves the middle open and our back end sucks at man to man coverage. We still eeked out 8 wins in spite of it and yeah, shoulda won a few that we lost. I still feel, from what I have seen, we can at least match USF in talent and our lines are better than theirs. Finally have a running game with Knox, I see a little light in all the darkness, maybe I am the only one in herd fandom, I don't know anymore. I think too many of us have forgotten how bad things were under Snyder and forgotten what that felt like each year, just to hope for 6 wins in a bowl. Now, after winning a championship in 2014, we think we should do it every year or every other year and the other programs around us won't improve with us. They can and have. That was proven wrong in our last years in the MAC and is proving wrong now. Canning Doc, who wins most of the time, for not winning the conference every year or every other year is about as nuts as it gets and I would hope that the herd fans who want that, get exactly what they want, 2 or 3 wins a year again. We aren't Georgia who can do that and get away with it. Doc isn't perfect, Bob wasn't either, Bob lucked up and came into the MAC when every team was a pee on, Doc didn't have that luxury. Bob had Moss and Pennington to barely beat a 1 or 2 win USC team, and a Clemson team, otherwise, we got our asses handed to us by every P5 squad we played, like Florida. We competed against a few of them, but I certainly remember the ass whoopings Florida and VT gave us when we had Leftwich. The MAC was what the sunbelt used to be years ago at that time we came into it, and we got ALOT of easy wins due to it. But what do i know.

RE: Marshall vs USF in the Big Bad Boys Bojangles Mowing Mowers Gaspergorrilla Bowl - _sturt_ - 12-03-2018 04:36 PM

(12-03-2018 11:41 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Yeah, we’ll be in trouble if they have even so much as a mediocre passing game.

Our guys, imo, just didn't realize how loose the refs were going to call the game. Had they recognized that, we could deal with some 15 yard PI calls given how our defense otherwise was playing. They blew us off the field only because we weren't more aggressive on those long pass plays. But regardless, I don't think USF is going to have the same level of overall passing game talent that VPI did.