CSNbbs
CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT (/thread-864954.html)

CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - HuskieFootball Addict - 11-29-2018 09:53 AM

The word on facebook in the NIU Fanatics group is that Cheli's will open for the MACC as the official NIU bar.

Open at ***EDIT** 3:30 not 3 pm until 2 am from what I heard. Serving food too. Someone received confirming email from Chelis so it's for real.

Hope to see you there & GO HUSKIES!!!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - thxjoenovak - 11-29-2018 01:00 PM

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2018/11/24/chelios-family-reason-selling-popular-downtown-tavern/2102175002/

Quote:On Saturday, the bar was packed with a mixture of fans watching the Michigan-Ohio State game, and others like Mike Buikema, who drove to Detroit from Holland, Mich. to attend the high school championship games at Ford Field.

"The group I was with was going to Greektown, but they were too busy, and there were some empty seats here," Buikema said. "This is my first time here β€” on the last day."

Seems odd to reopen just for us tomorrow....Maybe cleaning out the "fridge"?

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-29-2018 04:23 PM

WHATTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - niu16 - 11-29-2018 05:00 PM

(11-29-2018 01:00 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2018/11/24/chelios-family-reason-selling-popular-downtown-tavern/2102175002/

Quote:On Saturday, the bar was packed with a mixture of fans watching the Michigan-Ohio State game, and others like Mike Buikema, who drove to Detroit from Holland, Mich. to attend the high school championship games at Ford Field.

"The group I was with was going to Greektown, but they were too busy, and there were some empty seats here," Buikema said. "This is my first time here β€” on the last day."

They need to get rid of the Stroh's.

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - randyfensfanclub1 - 11-30-2018 10:12 AM

(11-29-2018 05:00 PM)niu16 Wrote:  
(11-29-2018 01:00 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  https://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/dining/2018/11/24/chelios-family-reason-selling-popular-downtown-tavern/2102175002/

They need to get rid of the Stroh's.

About 20 years ago I was at a bar of a friend of a friend like 2000 north off LSD on their last day. Guy was selling building not business. He gave the entire place away. I got there like 8-9 and the selection was minimal so eventually I went behind the bar with others and we just starting pouring, mixing anything we could think of together. I don't remember leaving in the early morning, but I do remember women complaining about their drinks when they got them. I say "ordered" since I don't think they figured out we didn't work there and had zero bar tending skills lol. Plus we just gave them what they had, what we thought was close.Did get some tips!!!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - NILAW - 11-30-2018 11:50 AM

I am jealous and wish I could be there. I enjoyed Cheli's and talking with other NIU fans, and then heading over to Ford Field. Hope that those who could make it have a great time!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - ChicagoHuskie - 11-30-2018 12:58 PM

I assume this is confirmed- see you all there!

Go Huskies!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - 7 - 11-30-2018 03:04 PM

It’s open. Just called.

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - ChicagoHuskie - 11-30-2018 03:54 PM

I assume this is confirmed- see you all there!

Go Huskies!

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - HuskiePride12 - 11-30-2018 04:54 PM

Is it all bottom of the barrel?

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - HuskieFootball Addict - 12-01-2018 06:43 PM

A good time was had by all. Top shelf vodka was all I needed & some fireball shots. They had a decent full bar & basic food. A lot of NIU fans in there.

RE: CHELI'S WILL OPEN FOR FRIDAY IN DETROIT - niu16 - 12-01-2018 07:39 PM

But how was the Strohs?