CSNbbs
Student Section - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Student Section (/thread-864944.html)

Student Section - odu09 - 11-29-2018 07:06 AM

The student section for the VCU game was PACKED! Not only that, but ODU gave up extra seats for them so they were scattered throughout the Ted. Big time nod to the ODU admin to do that. Would much rather fill up the Ted with as many students as possible even when it doesn't help their bottom line.

They were eerily quiet the first half, and I don't necessarily blame them. Gotta give them something to cheer for. But man, the place woke up in the 2nd half and it had a definite impact on VCU's performance. That is what home court is all about.

So if you are a student and you are reading this, I sincerely hope you realize that you do make a difference and an impact to the other team's performance. It's a real thing. If there are no students here, how do I mass text them all to pass the message on?

RE: Student Section - MonGNARch - 11-29-2018 07:21 AM

I loved seeing how packed and full it was. And while I'm so glad the fraternities showed up and showed out, but would it kill them to wear ODU colors? I know they have pride in repping their respective fraternities but the amount of random colors scattered throughout hit a pete peeve, especially when I know everyone who joins a greek organization at ODU gets an ODU themed letters shirt.

I'm just nitpicky lol. But if we can get a turnout like this or at least close to it for every game with the students getting into it and leading chants/cheers, we could get that raucous atmosphere back. I'm tired of the "wine and cheese" atmosphere that has cultivated at the ted over the last several years, and it all starts with the students.

All in All, good on ya current students 04-cheers

RE: Student Section - EverRespect - 11-29-2018 08:53 AM

Did the administration do any marketing for the students to spur the turnout? I know VCU will always get better attendance, but I don't recall this kind of showing 2 years ago and the game was on a Saturday. Not like we were having a great season going in. Need to figure out how to repeat that for all of our home games, especially in conference and when the students are on campus.

RE: Student Section - trad34 - 11-29-2018 09:30 AM

Last nights atmoshpere was big time. Great job students and fans.
Do it again for JMU

RE: Student Section - Gilesfan - 11-29-2018 09:50 AM

2 years ago was one of the loudest games I've ever been to. It was wild.

RE: Student Section - MonarchManiac - 11-29-2018 10:12 AM

Great job admin on the extra tickets. I dont blame them for sitting on their hands first half...it was painful to watch. They showed up for the last 10 mins though.

Also I have to give props to our band this year...they are doing a great job making noise on their own with no support from the rest of the building. That isn't easy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using CSNbbs mobile app