CSNbbs
Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday (/thread-864771.html)

Pages: 1 2

Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - TTT - 11-27-2018 12:59 PM

USM is 6-5...all 6 of CUSA's bowl tie-ins are spoken for by 7+ win teams so they get dibs first. With 78 spots for bowl teams and 82 bowl eligible teams...4 teams will get left out. Those bubble teams are USM, UL-Monroe, Wyoming, and Miami-OH. Saturday we'll need some help from UCF. If UCF win's then one of the 7 AAC primary bowl tie-ins will be vacant...Frisco or Independence Bowl which CUSA has secondary tie-ins for. Also, Marshall beating Va Tech would also help USM's chances. Of course ESPN/Bowl Committee could juggle whoever they want around so there's that. Anyway, blah blah blah...I know AAC fans could care less what happens to USM but I just wanted to stop by and say USM fans will all be selfishly rooting for UCF Saturday. Go Knights!

ps. I've noticed that UCF's band plays awesome music like LOTR. Nice.

pps. I'd love a USM/AAC matchup, maybe in the Bham Bowl.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - templefootballfan - 11-27-2018 02:44 PM

C-USA should have sent So Miss to bahamas
no way Lous T get left out with
Frisco, Dallas & Indy open

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - cotton1991 - 11-27-2018 02:46 PM

(11-27-2018 12:59 PM)TTT Wrote:  USM is 6-5...all 6 of CUSA's bowl tie-ins are spoken for by 7+ win teams so they get dibs first. With 78 spots for bowl teams and 82 bowl eligible teams...4 teams will get left out. Those bubble teams are USM, UL-Monroe, Wyoming, and Miami-OH. Saturday we'll need some help from UCF. If UCF win's then one of the 7 AAC primary bowl tie-ins will be vacant...Frisco or Independence Bowl which CUSA has secondary tie-ins for. Also, Marshall beating Va Tech would also help USM's chances. Of course ESPN/Bowl Committee could juggle whoever they want around so there's that. Anyway, blah blah blah...I know AAC fans could care less what happens to USM but I just wanted to stop by and say USM fans will all be selfishly rooting for UCF Saturday. Go Knights!

To each his own, but all I hear out of the UCF band is the Mickey Mouse Club theme song or the Alladin soundtrack. Nothing beats Memphis' The Mighty Sound of the South marching band.

If Memphis loses to UCF speculation is that we play in the Indy or Bham bowls. If it's USM we play, we'll roll you by 40. 04-cheers

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - SublimeKnight - 11-27-2018 02:53 PM

Now I hope we win too

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - ArmoredUpKnight - 11-27-2018 03:00 PM

So basically
if UCF loses, the MW Champ goes to NY6, therefore MW has another vacancy for Wyoming

If UCF wins, we go to NY6, therefore AAC doesn’t use all our bids, then CUSA fills a backup tie in for the AAC

Am I missing something?

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - templefootballfan - 11-27-2018 05:43 PM

SDST is already at-large
WYM is out
VT winning knocks out So Miss or EM

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Native Georgian - 11-27-2018 06:09 PM

I’d travel to see a Tulane/USM bowl game.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - TTT - 11-28-2018 10:55 AM

(11-27-2018 02:46 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  If Memphis loses to UCF speculation is that we play in the Indy or Bham bowls. If it's USM we play, we'll roll you by 40. 04-cheers

You would probably beat us but no way would it be by 40. Our defense is the core of our team. We haven't given up over 30 points all season. It'd probably been in the ballpark of a 24-7 or 28-10 type game. Offense has been our problem. This USM team is 7 points away from being 9-2...ugh. We're young on offense...our starting center and both RB's are true freshman. Our two QB's are a true freshman and sophomore...we rotate them throughout games, one for read-option run like the Saints do w/ Taysom Hill and the other is strictly passing but has a little boogie in him.

(11-27-2018 03:00 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  So basically
if UCF loses, the MW Champ goes to NY6, therefore MW has another vacancy for Wyoming

If UCF wins, we go to NY6, therefore AAC doesn’t use all our bids, then CUSA fills a backup tie in for the AAC

Am I missing something?

I believe you're correct. I didn't know about the MW and their secondary tie-ins. Another reason for us to root for a UCF win. The only thing we have going for us is that we don't have a losing record (6-5), we've ended on a strong run...winning 3 out of our last 4 beating Marshall (bowling), La Tech (bowling), & UTEP (terrible team), we took UAB (playing for conf. champ saturday) to OT in Bham but lost 23-26 :( ....also, we're 5-3 in conference and the bowl committees know USM travels really well so all things considered I think we're in better position than some bubble bowl teams.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - KnightFanDave - 11-28-2018 11:28 AM

(11-27-2018 02:46 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(11-27-2018 12:59 PM)TTT Wrote:  USM is 6-5...all 6 of CUSA's bowl tie-ins are spoken for by 7+ win teams so they get dibs first. With 78 spots for bowl teams and 82 bowl eligible teams...4 teams will get left out. Those bubble teams are USM, UL-Monroe, Wyoming, and Miami-OH. Saturday we'll need some help from UCF. If UCF win's then one of the 7 AAC primary bowl tie-ins will be vacant...Frisco or Independence Bowl which CUSA has secondary tie-ins for. Also, Marshall beating Va Tech would also help USM's chances. Of course ESPN/Bowl Committee could juggle whoever they want around so there's that. Anyway, blah blah blah...I know AAC fans could care less what happens to USM but I just wanted to stop by and say USM fans will all be selfishly rooting for UCF Saturday. Go Knights!

To each his own, but all I hear out of the UCF band is the Mickey Mouse Club theme song or the Alladin soundtrack. Nothing beats Memphis' The Mighty Sound of the South marching band.

If Memphis loses to UCF speculation is that we play in the Indy or Bham bowls. If it's USM we play, we'll roll you by 40. 04-cheers

I going to assume you're just talking smack because as a Marching Knight alum, I can assure you they play no such songs lol

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - KNIGHTTIME - 11-28-2018 11:31 AM

Southern Miss will find a bowl. No worries

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - willhclark - 11-28-2018 05:51 PM

I kinda miss Swiss Miss, then again I kinda don't

UCF deserves all the support and praise in the world!

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - geef - 11-28-2018 05:53 PM

Anyone know who Rice fans are rooting for in this game?

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Bearcats#1 - 11-28-2018 06:16 PM

We dont need USM or any other G4 school to root for us. Looking up to us is plenty good.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - shere khan - 11-28-2018 09:37 PM

(11-27-2018 06:09 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I’d travel to see a Tulane/USM bowl game.
Tulane-LSU in bham. Yall get killed but.... nostalgia is fun

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Agust - 12-02-2018 07:58 PM

Sorry you didn't get your bowl. Bowl eligible 22 out of the past 25 seasons? That's incredible. Also, sorry ecu took your AD.

Hopefully, next year is your year. Your team had some really close calls and near wins.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - TTT - 12-03-2018 12:40 PM

Yeah it sucks we didn't get that invite but I expected it. Pretty sure Tulane's OT win vs. Navy last weekend to get 6-6 was the one game that ultimately decided our fate but in reality it was such a terrible season of "what could've been's" for us. We really didn't deserve it. Sad to think that 6 points separated USM from being 9-2, conf. champs and 6-5 and staying at home w/ no bowl.

Anyways, that being said every USM fan is absolutely rejoicing that ECU poached our AD. It's a real head-scratcher for them but we're excited. He didn't do jack for us besides have our stadium pressure washed and a new sound system replaced which some fans champion as some significant milestone but it's regular maintenance if you ask me. The only thing he really did was get a h/h w/ Mississippi State in 2024-2025 and created a nutrition bar/program in the fieldhouse (again, standard athletics upkeep if you ask me). Other than that, he didn't do anything for us...eagle club membership went down, season tix holders went down, fan excitement down, refused to let go of our terrible basketball coach Doc Sadler (who just lost to crosstown NAIA team William Carey), refused to put any pressure on HC's to make staff changes, poor fan engagement, personality of a brick wall, he extended Jay Hopson's contract only after 2 years (1-1 in bowl games and ZERO division or conference championships). Again, I kinda feel bad for ECU.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - No Bull - 12-03-2018 03:16 PM

Thanks for this. If there was any justice (or if deserve had anything to do with it)... Southern Miss would have joined the AAC at the same time UCF did. I always enjoyed playing you guys. 04-cheers

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Tiger1983 - 12-03-2018 05:51 PM

(12-03-2018 12:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  Yeah it sucks we didn't get that invite but I expected it. Pretty sure Tulane's OT win vs. Navy last weekend to get 6-6 was the one game that ultimately decided our fate but in reality it was such a terrible season of "what could've been's" for us. We really didn't deserve it. Sad to think that 6 points separated USM from being 9-2, conf. champs and 6-5 and staying at home w/ no bowl.

Anyways, that being said every USM fan is absolutely rejoicing that ECU poached our AD. It's a real head-scratcher for them but we're excited. He didn't do jack for us besides have our stadium pressure washed and a new sound system replaced which some fans champion as some significant milestone but it's regular maintenance if you ask me. The only thing he really did was get a h/h w/ Mississippi State in 2024-2025 and created a nutrition bar/program in the fieldhouse (again, standard athletics upkeep if you ask me). Other than that, he didn't do anything for us...eagle club membership went down, season tix holders went down, fan excitement down, refused to let go of our terrible basketball coach Doc Sadler (who just lost to crosstown NAIA team William Carey), refused to put any pressure on HC's to make staff changes, poor fan engagement, personality of a brick wall, he extended Jay Hopson's contract only after 2 years (1-1 in bowl games and ZERO division or conference championships). Again, I kinda feel bad for ECU.

I think USM is due some good luck next season.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - Up2stuff - 12-05-2018 04:48 PM

(12-03-2018 12:40 PM)TTT Wrote:  Yeah it sucks we didn't get that invite but I expected it. Pretty sure Tulane's OT win vs. Navy last weekend to get 6-6 was the one game that ultimately decided our fate but in reality it was such a terrible season of "what could've been's" for us. We really didn't deserve it. Sad to think that 6 points separated USM from being 9-2, conf. champs and 6-5 and staying at home w/ no bowl.

I actually came over to wish ECU the best with their hire. I really don't want to sound butt hurt over losing our AD to you guys. But honestly, I think ECU deserves better. I'm so happy he's gone, but ECU has always been a favorite of mine and I really hope he's a better fit and does well for you guys. I absolutely agree with TTT's remarks above though. Southern Miss has made some absolutely horrific hires lately - which has shown in our results. We have to do better this time. Best wishes ECU.

RE: Southern Miss fans rooting for UCF this Saturday - glay83 - 12-05-2018 05:34 PM

I remember when UCF/S. Miss was a big time game for us. You guys kicked our butts many times. Sorry looks like you didn't get a bowl.