CSNbbs
FECES U Game Discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: FECES U Game Discussion (/thread-864472.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - AdoptedMonarch - 11-28-2018 09:44 PM

One more name that merits mention in this thread: Xavier Green.

He was the only one who showed up for the first half, and he played a phenomenal defense despite being whistled for ticky-tack fouls.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - LetsGoODU - 11-28-2018 09:49 PM

Man it felt good to jump around in the Ted again, highfiving everyone around you. Getting over heated because it’s hot as hell in there when it’s packed. Most of all, it felt good to see all those hideous freaks wearing yellow sitting their asses down with nothing left to say.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - FearTheLion - 11-28-2018 09:51 PM

(11-28-2018 09:12 PM)Mo Blue Den You Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 09:10 PM)ODUDon Wrote:  Obviously great to get a win against VCU but boy they looked pretty bad the entire 2nd half.

Agreed but on the flip side of that we looked terrible the first half. Had not for our first half we could’ve run em out.

I’ll take the win regardless! LETS GOOO!

MonarchSTRONG!

Yea, if our guys could've made shots, we would've beat em by 25 tonight. Gotta feel good about locking them down for the final 6+ minutes without a score though. Good stuff on the defensive end. Now we need to play a clean one Saturday and get some momentum going.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Fatalisk - 11-28-2018 09:54 PM

(11-28-2018 09:40 PM)MonGNARch Wrote:  ODU just got a mention during the Wizards/Pelicans game. One of the refs (I can't remember his name) was mentioned as a Norfolk native and an alum of Old Dominion University

Tony Brothers

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUalum78 - 11-28-2018 09:58 PM

(11-28-2018 09:51 PM)FearTheLion Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 09:10 PM)ODUDon Wrote:  Obviously great to get a win against VCU but boy they looked pretty bad the entire 2nd half.

Agreed but on the flip side of that we looked terrible the first half. Had not for our first half we could’ve run em out.

MonarchSTRONG!

Yea, if our guys could've made shots, we would've beat em by 25 tonight. Gotta feel good about locking them down for the final 6+ minutes without a score though. Good stuff on the defensive end. Now we need to play a clean one Saturday and get some momentum going.

This certainly takes the edge off of football for me.

Our kids played hard, and Wade and Green held the team together until we got it going.
Now, as they get more comfortable, imagine a world in which Caver, Stith, Wade, and Green (who also plays pretty good D) are all playing well at the same time and for a whole game.

It could happen!

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - EverRespect - 11-28-2018 10:00 PM

(11-28-2018 09:58 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 09:51 PM)FearTheLion Wrote:  

MonarchSTRONG!

This certainly takes the edge off of football for me.

Our kids played hard, and Wade and Green held the team together until we got it going.
Now, as they get more comfortable, imagine a world in which Caver, Stith, Wade, and Green (who also plays pretty good D) are all playing well at the same time and for a whole game.

It could happen!
Hopefully we peak at the right time and it happens when it really matters in March and not to beat UTSA and UTEP by 40 points in February.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Fatalisk - 11-28-2018 10:08 PM

How is Wade's shot? He passed up a couple that I thought he should have shot. But he seems to be a natural basketball player.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - odu09 - 11-28-2018 10:09 PM

(11-28-2018 09:40 PM)N2theBlue Wrote:  I just love that all of the VCU fans have to be put in suicide watch. Their boards are blowing up.02-13-banana

Got a link? I could use a dose of someone else's misery

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUgrad81+82 - 11-28-2018 10:09 PM

Didn't see 1st half, but two comments on 2nd. Folks have mentioned how bad VCU looked. From what I saw, have to give credit to ODU defense and handling pressure to keep VCU from scoring/getting easy baskets. Allowed ODU to creep back in it before they got offense rolling. To me that started with Green on a mini roll a few minutes after half. He was clearly on, but never really got a shot after.

As the others struggled was wondering why they didn't get back to him. Then almost everyone turned on and went much better rest of the way. Glad for the win.

Go Monarchs!

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUMONARCHZ1 - 11-28-2018 10:12 PM

Where can I start reading that isn't a complete meltdown? [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-N950U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUDJ96 - 11-28-2018 10:17 PM

Just got home and my voice is gone. What an absolutely amazing comeback! So satisfying - my year has been made. Love this rivalry - should be home-and-home every year.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Nukesquad - 11-28-2018 10:18 PM

(11-28-2018 10:08 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  How is Wade's shot? He passed up a couple that I thought he should have shot. But he seems to be a natural basketball player.

It's a work in progress. Currently, I know that he's definitely not the primary option in those situations.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - monarx - 11-28-2018 10:18 PM

(11-28-2018 09:44 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  One more name that merits mention in this thread: Xavier Green.

He was the only one who showed up for the first half, and he played a phenomenal defense despite being whistled for ticky-tack fouls.

Agreed. I thought in many ways X was the most valuable player for us today.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Nukesquad - 11-28-2018 10:23 PM

(11-28-2018 10:18 PM)monarx Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 09:44 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  One more name that merits mention in this thread: Xavier Green.

Absolutely. It was he who set the spark in the 2nd half. If we didn't have those BS whistles, he would've definitely been out there a lot more.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUDJ96 - 11-28-2018 10:24 PM

(11-28-2018 08:41 PM)Monarchs90 Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 08:39 PM)ODU Hugh Wrote:  Frosh and refs got us back in this lol

J Wade is the real deal. I'm thinking like a Drew Williamson type of career. Which would be awesome for us!

He was not afraid of the moment. He thrived in it. He is going to be special.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Gilesfan - 11-28-2018 10:25 PM

(11-28-2018 10:18 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 10:08 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  How is Wade's shot? He passed up a couple that I thought he should have shot. But he seems to be a natural basketball player.

It's a work in progress. Currently, I know that he's definitely not the primary option in those situations.

Looks like hes got a hitch in his shot. But dude plays hard, plays defense, rebounds, and finds holes in the defense.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Gilesfan - 11-28-2018 10:27 PM

(11-28-2018 10:23 PM)Nukesquad Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 10:18 PM)monarx Wrote:  

Absolutely. It was he who set the spark in the 2nd half. If we didn't have those BS whistles, he would've definitely been out there a lot more.

His j is smooth and he gets so much lift in his shot. Would like to aee him get more aggressive. Take more shots.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - RoanokeMonarch - 11-28-2018 10:35 PM

Amazing comeback tonight. Didn't think the team had it in them.
In my opinion, defense won the game tonight. At the 16:55 mark in the second half, we were down 38-25. We outscored them 37-14. Excellent defense leads to good offense.
Second, the shots made by Green and Wade were huge. They gave the team a spark and lead to Caver and Stith finally making some plays.
Third, I agree with others. I have never seen VCU fall completely apart as they did tonight. I absolutely loved it, couldn't happen to better team. I hope their season goes down the toilet from here on out. UVA will have a field day with them. Texas too.
Go Monarchs!!! On to the Pukes on Saturday. 02-13-banana

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUDJ96 - 11-28-2018 10:37 PM

(11-28-2018 09:14 PM)Fatalisk Wrote:  What an event. VCU played like garbage. Probably the highest a sporting event has made me this year, including the VT football game.

Same here - there is no high like smoked feces. Second to none.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - AdoptedMonarch - 11-28-2018 10:42 PM

One final thought, before I take my slightly buzzed self up to bed: our big guys are still a work in process. The both played hard, but not effectively. We were lucky tonight that VCU does not have any post presence capable of exploiting this weakness. (If Mo Alie Cox were still playing for them, we'd have been in a world of hurt tonight.)

Robinson is still too gentle, and has trouble finishing. Dickens is someday going to be a star, but he looks lost half the time. If one of them can figure out how to overcome their issues, we will be a solid team. If both of the step it up, we'll be a force. But, for the moment, we are not playing like a team with two 7-footers.