CSNbbs
FECES U Game Discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: FECES U Game Discussion (/thread-864472.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

FECES U Game Discussion - Mr.BigBlue - 11-24-2018 05:08 PM

Have at it Monarch Nation !! There are too many unknowns with both teams for me to even begin to think about where we have matchup advantages. I do think if we can shoot and make a few 3s early it will make FECESU have to play us straight up and that opens up the offense for us.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - AdoptedMonarch - 11-24-2018 05:28 PM

From the bits and pieces that I watched of VCU's recent tournament, they are playing loose and don't wilt under pressure. Our play, on the other hand, has been inconsistent and we seem to have trouble holding onto leads.

This will be an opportunity to turn that around and to get this season back on track. our guys will have had several days to prepare, and I think we'll be ready.

ODU 74
Diarrhea 65

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUBB35 - 11-24-2018 05:34 PM

Caver > Evans
Stith keeps it going.
Dickens takes another step forward.
We're home and we're due.

ODU 70
Yellow Turds 61

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Mr.BigBlue - 11-24-2018 10:25 PM

(11-24-2018 05:34 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  Caver > Evans
Stith keeps it going.
Dickens takes another step forward.
We're home and we're due.

ODU 70
Yellow Turds 61

I hope Caver better than Evans.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUDJ96 - 11-24-2018 10:58 PM

We are going to have our hands full. We need Caver and BJ to have big games to win. Also, great opportunity for Dickens/Carver/Green/Godwin/Kithcart/Wade to make a name for themselves. I would prefer this game be played a couple of weeks from now.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Fatalisk - 11-24-2018 11:10 PM

It's going to require production outside of Caver and Stith to beat them. Let's see if we can find it.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUCoach - 11-24-2018 11:18 PM

(11-24-2018 10:58 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  We are going to have our hands full. We need Caver and BJ to have big games to win. Also, great opportunity for Dickens/Carver/Green/Godwin/Kithcart/Wade to make a name for themselves. I would prefer this game be played a couple of weeks from now.

This. VCU isn’t good, but I haven’t seen us play any better. It’s going to be a battle for sure.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-25-2018 12:53 AM

(11-24-2018 11:18 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 10:58 PM)ODUDJ96 Wrote:  We are going to have our hands full. We need Caver and BJ to have big games to win. Also, great opportunity for Dickens/Carver/Green/Godwin/Kithcart/Wade to make a name for themselves. I would prefer this game be played a couple of weeks from now.

This. VCU isn’t good, but I haven’t seen us play any better. It’s going to be a battle for sure.

They are one point (and a crappy officiating decision) away from being 6-0.

It’s still early but saying they aren’t good is inaccurate. They’re not great, but I think they’d qualify as good right now.

They are 58 in rpi and 75 in sos (for those who care so deeply about that) per real time rpi.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Sirloin Burger - 11-25-2018 12:58 AM

This year Virginia Commonwealth fans will have to undergo a decontamination process before entering the Ted.

[Image: 8369932175_734d8c08be_b.jpg]

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-25-2018 01:10 AM

(11-25-2018 12:58 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  This year Virginia Commonwealth fans will have to undergo a decontamination process before entering the Ted.

[Image: 8369932175_734d8c08be_b.jpg]

There’s not enough hazmats suits in the world.......

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - mac - 11-25-2018 08:22 AM

Must win game. For me! Tired of losing to them. Look forward to an exciting college game. And a WIN !!

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Obiwan - 11-25-2018 08:49 AM

(11-25-2018 12:53 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 11:18 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  

They are one point (and a crappy officiating decision) away from being 6-0.

It’s still early but saying they aren’t good is inaccurate. They’re not great, but I think they’d qualify as good right now.

They are 58 in rpi and 75 in sos (for those who care so deeply about that) per real time rpi.

So this may be a “good win” to get our season on a delayed better start .. next weeks game against WM looks to be a good test as well.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - fmrick - 11-25-2018 10:06 AM

(11-25-2018 12:58 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  This year Virginia Commonwealth fans will have to undergo a decontamination process before entering the Ted.

At least we will show up.

This should be a good game. We are kind of Jekyll and Hyde this year. We played out butts off against two teams that are getting votes in the Top 25 (went 1-1 and robbed in the loss), but struggled against lesser opponents. Which team shows up?

Evans will be a special player. But coach says he is only about 75% right now coming off the second Achilles injury. But he was not supposed to be back till mid-December, so we'll see. Most of the rest of the team is still forming up. Many of the players you have not seen. Vann is our high scorer. He dropped 30 on St. Johns in the loss. A couple of these guys have a high ceiling, but are yet to show their full potential.

If you want a win, hope for this game. We will have basically the same team next year, sans Gilmore (7 minutes a game) and Jackson who only get garbage minutes when we are way ahead. Next year has the markings of a special year. This is just a warmup.

What we are is deep. Only Vann is averaging over 30 minutes per game. Evans did not play early, so his minutes are picking up. We have others averaging in the 20 range. We have gone 11 deep at times, but I think Mike is trying to get the down to a solid 9-10. We have given up some leads playing the other guys, but can recover quickly when the top 6 are on the floor.

See you there. I'm always amazed at the great seats I can get for your home games. Love the Ted.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Gilesfan - 11-25-2018 11:12 AM

They dont have a ton of great talent (roght now) outside of Evans/Vann. Jenkins showed a ton of progress early last year (against us) and fell apart later in the year.

They cannot shoot, they make us look like sharpshooters. Just dont turn the ball over and sont leave Jenkins open for 3s and we should win.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - north beach monarch - 11-25-2018 01:46 PM

This will be VCU first true road game. It will be interesting to see. They’ve played a bunch of cupcakes at home and a couple descent teams In temple and St. John on neutral courts.
I thought they look bad against Hofstra, like they don’t want to defend. I can see a close rock fight

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - north beach monarch - 11-25-2018 01:50 PM

Evans looks a step slow, if he covers Caver, he better take him to the woodshed. Evans has been a turnover machine.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - AdoptedMonarch - 11-25-2018 01:57 PM

(11-25-2018 01:46 PM)north beach monarch Wrote:  This will be VCU first true road game. It will be interesting to see. They’ve played a bunch of cupcakes at home and a couple descent teams In temple and St. John on neutral courts.
I thought they look bad against Hofstra, like they don’t want to defend. I can see a close rock fight

If so, that will be fought entirely on one side: our usually strong defense versus our very spotty offense. VCU will just be the unpleasant stage props to this drama.

Jenkins is the one who worries me in this game. I wonder who gets that primary assignment. Green perhaps?

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Gilesfan - 11-25-2018 02:45 PM

(11-25-2018 01:57 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(11-25-2018 01:46 PM)north beach monarch Wrote:  This will be VCU first true road game. It will be interesting to see. They’ve played a bunch of cupcakes at home and a couple descent teams In temple and St. John on neutral courts.

If so, that will be fought entirely on one side: our usually strong defense versus our very spotty offense. VCU will just be the unpleasant stage props to this drama.

Jenkins is the one who worries me in this game. I wonder who gets that primary assignment. Green perhaps?

Green should be on Vann, who is a much better scorer.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - ODUDJ96 - 11-25-2018 03:26 PM

(11-25-2018 02:45 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(11-25-2018 01:57 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Green should be on Vann, who is a much better scorer.

Jenkins looked pretty tough against Hostra. He plays loose and loves to shoot the three - and we’re not great at defending it off a screen. NIowa hurt us with it late in the game last Fri, and I’m expecting Jenkins to do the same this Wed. The question is who will step up to hit the big shot when we need it late in the game when the chips are down (used to be Haynes)? I think Caver is ready to shine.

RE: FECES U Game Discussion - Gilesfan - 11-25-2018 03:30 PM

Caver did cs NOrthern Iowa.

Godwin can shoot, hes going to be a fantastic shooter for us.

Jenkins is more of a shooter where green can man up on vann, who
Is more of a driver, etc.