CSNbbs
ODU vs Rice - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: ODU vs Rice (/thread-864428.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: ODU vs Rice - CalODUFan - 11-24-2018 06:18 PM

(11-24-2018 06:03 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 05:57 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  In hindsight losing this last game like this is a blessing in disguise. There can be no doubt that changes to both coordinators and many position coaches are imperative. If we had won, especially convincingly, then Wilder and staff could have tried to argue that they had a three game winning streak and they had righted the ship. Can't make those arguments after this debacle.

I dont think anyone gave a **** about a meaningless game against a 1 win team in Twxas, FWIW. Rightly or wrongly; how do you expect any of us (fans) or them (players) to care? They probably just didnt want to get injured.

I am not a fan of Giles' takes today which are unduly apologetic, although usually I think he is right on. I don't think any one wanted this embarassing loss to worst rated team in FBS and I don't think anyone was overly concerned about injury. No senior will ever play the game again except Ximines and maybe Fulgham or Duhart and they all had motivation to end their careers on a high note. Younger guys also wanted to end season on a high note.

RE: ODU vs Rice - Old Dom Swag - 11-24-2018 06:23 PM

Embarrassing but sadly expected. BW isn't getting fired but hopefully this leads to some changes that bring in D1 caliber talent across the board

RE: ODU vs Rice - 84Monarch - 11-24-2018 06:26 PM

(11-24-2018 05:57 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  In hindsight losing this last game like this is a blessing in disguise. There can be no doubt that changes to both coordinators and many position coaches are imperative. If we had won, especially convincingly, then Wilder and staff could have tried to argue that they had a three game winning streak and they had righted the ship. Can't make those arguments after this debacle.
Excellent post! This may be a one step back two steps forward situation

RE: ODU vs Rice - ODUDJ96 - 11-24-2018 06:28 PM

I’m glad this season is over. Although I’m going to relish the memory of the VT win for the rest of my life. Also, looking forward to the new stadium and hearing at least one Monarch’s name called on draft day. Hopefully, to my Steelers.

RE: ODU vs Rice - ODUalum78 - 11-24-2018 07:59 PM

I just examined the box score.

The 312 yards (5.8/comp 1TD 2INTs) passing was marginal, with at least one of LaRussa's 2 ints off the hands of the receiver.

Our rushing game was anemic, indeed as bad as it has been all season...versus Rice for God's sake.
We rushed for 75 yards @ 3 yards per carry. Even w/o QB sacks, we only would have had 100.

The biggest issue was our rushing defense. Rice was not going to pass. Indeed it only had 6 for 9 passing for 96 yards.
Our coaches knew this yet the Owls still ran for 275 yards, often outrunning our entire secondary with their RBs.

This was a sub par effort on both sides of the ball, and if we were playing a P5 rush heavy team I would maybe understand getting rolled on the ground.
However, this was Rice, a program that had run for only 3.6 yards per carry prior to our game, and whose #4 rusher torched us for 224 yards.

We should not have lost at all, but the way that we lost is absolutely unacceptable by any metric.

RE: ODU vs Rice - blueandsilver - 11-24-2018 08:46 PM

What is in such plain sight that anyone watching this team this year would conclude that we have been outcoached the entire season. Fundamentals of blocking, tackling, and discipline have been lacking on this team all year. Yet it is excuse, after excuse, after excuse ...... all season long. It is so pitiful that it's hard to watch week after week. Now we will hear about big changes for next year and get the same lousy coaching expertise --- getting beat by teams that should not even be competitive.

RE: ODU vs Rice - AimHigher - 11-24-2018 08:59 PM

Anyone watching the Lane train derailment. UNCC is trying to knock FAU out of a bowl game.

RE: ODU vs Rice - TheDancinMonarch - 11-24-2018 10:37 PM

I dont think anyone gave a **** about a meaningless game against a 1 win team in Twxas, FWIW. Rightly or wrongly; how do you expect any of us (fans) or them (players) to care? They probably just didnt want to get injured.

Apparently you are not familiar with the concept of personal pride.

RE: ODU vs Rice - ODUalum78 - 11-24-2018 10:50 PM

You cannot be serious....

RE: ODU vs Rice - Gilesfan - 11-24-2018 10:52 PM

(11-24-2018 10:37 PM)TheDancinMonarch Wrote:  

Apparently you are not familiar with the concept of personal pride.

I dont think its right but I dont think you are familiar with motivations of college athletes.

RE: ODU vs Rice - CalODUFan - 11-24-2018 11:29 PM

(11-24-2018 10:50 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

Giles has had a bad day of posting

RE: ODU vs Rice - Sirloin Burger - 11-25-2018 12:13 AM

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: ODU vs Rice - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-25-2018 12:59 AM

(11-24-2018 11:29 PM)CalODUFan Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 10:50 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

Giles has had a bad CAREER of posting

Fixed that for you. Every new post he makes just further proves he doesn’t have a single solitary clue. Why anyone takes him remotely serious is totally beyond me.

His excuse making is enough to make me wonder whether he actually IS Wood Selig.

Wait a second.........Selig backwards........is Giles ha ha.....GO FIGURE.

RE: ODU vs Rice - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-25-2018 01:06 AM

(11-24-2018 04:33 PM)north beach monarch Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 03:51 PM)ODU2011 Wrote:  Entire defensive staff needs to go.

You have to start with the head coach he just doesn’t know how to build a staff, game plan or recruit at the FBS level

This is correct and I truly do not understand how any more evidence is needed of this for some people.

We’re dropping millions and millions on a nice new car (although even that is debatable) and we’re letting an old Chinese lady drive it around.

Same goes for the Ted and Jeff Jones.

How much more evidence do you need that they are both small time coaches who’s teams will never reached the promised land under their stewardship???

RE: ODU vs Rice - bit_9 - 11-25-2018 09:00 AM

(11-25-2018 12:59 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Wait a second.........Selig backwards........is Giles ha ha.....GO FIGURE.

Haha nice. Is this the first time thats been noticed by anyone?

/tips hat/

Giles, explain yourself! :)

Disclaimer: no, I don't really believe Wood Selig is posting here with his username spelled backwards. But would be eternally funny if so. Like carrot level lore.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.

RE: ODU vs Rice - AimHigher - 11-25-2018 10:17 AM

(11-25-2018 09:00 AM)bit_9 Wrote:  
(11-25-2018 12:59 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Wait a second.........Selig backwards........is Giles ha ha.....GO FIGURE.

/tips hat/

Disclaimer: no, I don't really believe Wood Selig is posting here with his username spelled backwards. But would be eternally funny if so. Like carrot level lore.

lol if true that is some Lane Kiffin sh*t!!! Lane Kiffin alias are Jimmy Chestnut & Joey Freshwater.

RE: ODU vs Rice - mturn017 - 11-25-2018 10:23 AM

/tips hat/

That’s pretty funny. Was not expecting to smile when opening this thread this morning so points to Razor for that one.

RE: ODU vs Rice - ODUi - 11-25-2018 10:36 AM

Wow... points for Razor. I never put that together. It was right under our noses the whole time LOL. Pretty clever Wood, Pret-T-Clever. But seriously, I doubt its Wood unless he has a serious fetish for statistics 03-idea

RE: ODU vs Rice - ODUalum78 - 11-25-2018 10:42 AM

(11-25-2018 10:36 AM)ODUi Wrote:  Wow... points for Razor. I never put that together. It was right under our noses the whole time LOL. Pretty clever Wood, Pret-T-Clever. But seriously, I doubt its Wood unless he has a serious fetish for statistics 03-idea

Indeed.
Obsession with statistics is characteristic of some baseball players I have known.
Did Wood play baseball? 05-stirthepot

RE: ODU vs Rice - Gilesfan - 11-25-2018 11:21 AM

/tips hat/

Im way too cool to be Selig. (I do enjoy talkijg to him tho) has