CSNbbs
UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: UC vs.ECU Gamethread (/thread-864355.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - BearcatMan - 11-23-2018 07:09 PM

So happy for Lewis...dude had to suffer through a ****** coach, a transition, and a change in offensive strategy that kind of out his position out a bit. What a way to end his Nippert career...kind of game you dream of.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Bcatbog - 11-23-2018 07:43 PM

(11-23-2018 07:09 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  So happy for Lewis...dude had to suffer through a ****** coach, a transition, and a change in offensive strategy that kind of out his position out a bit. What a way to end his Nippert career...kind of game you dream of.

Great finish for Lewis. Last week today seemed doubtful with ankle injury.

Hopefully Warren back for bowl.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - bearcatmark - 11-23-2018 07:45 PM

Lewis really came into his own the second half of this fraction. A legit number 1. Great finish to his time at nippert. Bowl game to go.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - ucbandguy - 11-23-2018 08:06 PM

Happy for all the seniors. Great way to end the regular season.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - jarr - 11-23-2018 08:07 PM

Lewis had kind of a quiet career, but he is going to end up in the top 10 in alot of career stats

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - TubaCat - 11-23-2018 09:55 PM

(11-23-2018 06:32 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  Any idea on when we find out what bowl game?

Sunday Dec. 2

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Def Berkkat - 11-24-2018 09:23 AM

(11-23-2018 06:32 PM)BcatMatt13 Wrote:  Any idea on when we find out what bowl game?

I hope we play ECU.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Former Lurker - 11-24-2018 12:13 PM

Whatever happens in the bowl game, this season far surpassed expectations. Kudos to the staff & players.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - bearcatmark - 11-24-2018 12:47 PM

(11-23-2018 09:55 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

Sunday Dec. 2

Hoard said it could be as early as this week in the post game.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - OKIcat - 11-26-2018 08:08 AM

(11-24-2018 12:13 PM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Whatever happens in the bowl game, this season far surpassed expectations. Kudos to the staff & players.

This, 100%.

A well coached team takes care of business, even against lowly ECU. I was so impressed with the reserves who stepped up after the injuries the week before. It was great for Hayden Moore to play well in his final game in the Red & Black too and I understand his high school coach made the trip for the game. Pretty impressive on his part.

Our student attendance and engagement has continued to improve in recent years, but Friday afternoon was a setback in that regard. My son, who was attending with me, couldn't believe it. I fell back on the old "attendance excuse generator" and pulled out the one about the students being away for Thanksgiving break. But he quickly replied that we now have 44,000 students, of which a majority still live in Greater Cincinnati.

We've come a long way but the journey continues with regard to selling out Nippert, regardless of the opponent, the calendar or the weather. That's what big-time college football programs do and what a P5 conference would expect.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Banter - 11-26-2018 08:48 AM

(11-26-2018 08:08 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 12:13 PM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Whatever happens in the bowl game, this season far surpassed expectations. Kudos to the staff & players.

This, 100%.

A well coached team takes care of business, even against lowly ECU. I was so impressed with the reserves who stepped up after the injuries the week before. It was great for Hayden Moore to play well in his final game in the Red & Black too and I understand his high school coach made the trip for the game. Pretty impressive on his part.

Our student attendance and engagement has continued to improve in recent years, but Friday afternoon was a setback in that regard. My son, who was attending with me, couldn't believe it. I fell back on the old "attendance excuse generator" and pulled out the one about the students being away for Thanksgiving break. But he quickly replied that we now have 44,000 students, of which a majority still live in Greater Cincinnati.

We've come a long way but the journey continues with regard to selling out Nippert, regardless of the opponent, the calendar or the weather. That's what big-time college football programs do and what a P5 conference would expect.

While I agree with your son that we as a fan base should do better. Seems to me that a football game would be a good way to spend the Saturday after thanksgiving if I lived in town and was lucky enough to not have to go into the office.

That being said...outside of the big traditional rivalries that get played during the last week of the season the attendance did not look great for anyone. A lot of empty seats at games all weekend. Friends and family are in town, and people often have extra days to catch up. Unless your rivalry is built into the fabric of your fan base like the OSU vs Mich game or the Iron Bowl, most people will think there are far more important things to do than go to a random conference game.

With the destruction of old rivalries there are many schools who will suffer due to playing a team that does not generate interest like they used to.

Attendance is not just a UC problem, it's a problem for many teams.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - bearcatlawjd2 - 11-26-2018 08:57 AM

(11-26-2018 08:48 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 08:08 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  

This, 100%.

While I agree with your son that we as a fan base should do better. Seems to me that a football game would be a good way to spend the Saturday after thanksgiving if I lived in town and was lucky enough to not have to go into the office.

That being said...outside of the big traditional rivalries that get played during the last week of the season the attendance did not look great for anyone. A lot of empty seats at games all weekend. Friends and family are in town, and people often have extra days to catch up. Unless your rivalry is built into the fabric of your fan base like the OSU vs Mich game or the Iron Bowl, most people will think there are far more important things to do than go to a random conference game.

With the destruction of old rivalries there are many schools who will suffer due to playing a team that does not generate interest like they used to.

Attendance is not just a UC problem, it's a problem for many teams.

I actually brought my son to his first game on Friday because I knew the students were going to be gone for the weekend. Low attendance games are sometimes the best times to bring family members who don't want to be in super crowded stadium. While I love the sold out atmosphere at Nippert, sometimes I root for a few empty seats so my wife and son can also enjoy the game. Not everyone is a hardcore fan that needs to stand, yell, and scream during every play. For some the mascot, band, and food is what the game is all about. I would be more concerned if UC couldn't fill up the stadium for games that SHOULD draw big crowds not late season games on a Holiday weekends or a rain storms in September.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - bearcatmark - 11-26-2018 09:01 AM

Students have been awesome all year. Not going to sweat them missing a game against an awful ECU team during Thanksgiving break.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Def Berkkat - 11-26-2018 09:07 AM

IU was playing their hated rival Purdue for the old oaken bucket and a bowl game on the line.

Not even close to sold out.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Bruce Monnin - 11-26-2018 09:09 AM

Just remember, the students (and often, alumni) who care more about UC sports are not the ones who live in Cincinnati. They are from out of town.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - CliftonAve - 11-26-2018 09:14 AM

(11-26-2018 09:09 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Just remember, the students (and often, alumni) who care more about UC sports are not the ones who live in Cincinnati. They are from out of town.

Sometimes its tough sledding even for the students in town to get there. My son (a student) had to work his retail job on Black Friday.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Z-Fly - 11-26-2018 10:02 AM

I took my little girl down to the game, and I think she'll be a fan for life. I believe it takes decades to create a massive fan base. Keep winning and they will come.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - bearcat72 - 11-26-2018 02:17 PM

(11-26-2018 09:09 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  Just remember, the students (and often, alumni) who care more about UC sports are not the ones who live in Cincinnati. They are from out of town.

Count me in that group! Fairborn

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - Racinejake - 11-26-2018 03:50 PM

As you would expect, Arquon Bush has been named AAC defensive player of the week. He's a star in the making.

RE: UC vs.ECU Gamethread - BearcatMan - 11-26-2018 04:03 PM

(11-26-2018 03:50 PM)Racinejake Wrote:  As you would expect, Arquon Bush has been named AAC defensive player of the week. He's a star in the making.

I've been in on him since the first tape I watched back in Fall of 2016. Kid will be a great one here...reminds me a ton of Delo Smith, who oddly enough is the DBs coach at OU now.