CSNbbs
Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) (/thread-863902.html)

Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - CrimsonPhantom - 11-18-2018 03:59 PM

Going forward any new threads started about WAC expansion will be moved and/or deleted.

Only Two Other Threads besides this one will be allowed. They are:

New School maybe

DII Schools in the potential WAC footprint without Football

This thread and the two linked above will be heavily moderated. Discussions should be limited to only involving the Western Athletic Conference. KEEP the Discussions to Possible Schools Only. Keep them to Schools who have a real chance of joining the WAC. Legit Linked material will go a long to back up ones postings.

No other conferences in D1 D2 or D3 movements or expansion will be allowed on the main WAC board. If you feel the need to do so, GO HERE>>>

Why this is happening:

Speculative Pipe Dreams for the WAC have become tiring. Those of us from the now defunct Scout board had to deal with these types of discussions all the time. We asked for it to be moved and the moderators would not do so. They felt it was ok to treat the WAC board as the conference realignment board. They felt the board wouldn't generate enough discussion.

The same is starting to occur here. Every time one thread regarding WAC expansion is started, one on the CS and CR board is also started. So do not feel like you are being left without a place to voice your opinion.

Effective 11/18/2018

Other Discussions of Intrest:

Tarleton State's Consultant Study To Joining FCs And WAC, SLC Added 12/6/18

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - KingSean - 11-18-2018 07:49 PM

Thank god someone said it

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - Trod0 - 11-19-2018 12:02 AM

Thank you CP

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - KingSean - 11-20-2018 02:40 PM

Well the only ones we know about are Tarleton State, Dixie State and Metro State. They said other schools were invited but I havent seeing any other schools doing feasibility studies

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - ProfScott - 11-20-2018 04:11 PM

Thanks CP! Much appreciated.

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - DavidSt - 12-05-2018 05:58 PM

I also had a Tarleton State thread to the WAC long before those 2. Would that count as original WAC expansion topic as well since it was original?

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - CrimsonPhantom - 12-05-2018 06:56 PM

(12-05-2018 05:58 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I also had a Tarleton State thread to the WAC long before those 2. Would that count as original WAC expansion topic as well since it was original?

PM me the link. I'll look over it, then decide.

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - DavidSt - 12-06-2018 12:51 AM

(12-05-2018 06:56 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 05:58 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  I also had a Tarleton State thread to the WAC long before those 2. Would that count as original WAC expansion topic as well since it was original?

You have me on the ignore list. Can't send you the link. It wound up in the Smack Talk since it got derailed as well.

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - KingSean - 12-06-2018 01:12 AM

Hey David have you heard anything else on schools moving to the WAC?

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - CrimsonPhantom - 12-06-2018 12:18 PM

(12-06-2018 12:51 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 06:56 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

You have me on the ignore list. Can't send you the link. It wound up in the Smack Talk since it got derailed as well.
I added it, but I'm going to leave it in Smack Talk.

RE: Official WAC Expansion Thread/Links (READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST ON THE TOPIC!!) - dancingNMSUaggie - 01-09-2020 10:40 AM

I want to compliment CP on this thread. I like that most schools mentioned here are realistic prospects with the exception of the crap from NoDak. Its 2020 now and I'm thinking the best prospect is Western Washington. Great town, located in West and decent facilities and no football to worry about. Has there been any talk by their administration desiring a move up to Div 1?