CSNbbs
Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter (/thread-863160.html)

Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-12-2018 01:05 AM

Political correctness has arrived at space travel.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/contributors/d/nadia-drake/

**** like this makes Trump possible.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Crebman - 11-12-2018 07:21 AM

(11-12-2018 01:05 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Political correctness has arrived at space travel.

Yep. NG Used to be one of my favorite magazines, but haven't bothered for several years now. Read about two paragraphs in the link - "Oh, this political slant again!" - stopped reading. Not interested.........

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Fort Bend Owl - 11-12-2018 07:49 AM

Nadia Drake is a science journalist who grew up thinking about cosmic questions and staring at Saturn through giant telescopes. She is a contributing writer who has covered everything from Pluto exploration to Amazon conservation.

Her work has also appeared in Science News, Nature, New Scientist, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, and Wired. She lives in beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia.

That's what I see from the link you gave us. I guess you're trying to tell us she's written something you don't like in the past?

I don't get it.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Eagleaidaholic - 11-12-2018 08:00 AM

(11-12-2018 07:49 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nadia Drake is a science journalist who grew up thinking about cosmic questions and staring at Saturn through giant telescopes. She is a contributing writer who has covered everything from Pluto exploration to Amazon conservation.

Her work has also appeared in Science News, Nature, New Scientist, the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, and Wired. She lives in beautiful Charlottesville, Virginia.

That's what I see from the link you gave us. I guess you're trying to tell us she's written something you don't like in the past?

I don't get it.

You have to read the story below the biography.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - BuffaloTN - 11-12-2018 08:01 AM

(11-12-2018 07:49 AM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Nadia Drake is a science journalist who grew up thinking about cosmic questions and staring at Saturn through giant telescopes. She is a contributing writer who has covered everything from Pluto exploration to Amazon conservation.

I don't get it.

Scroll down and click the latest stories link think he's referencing "We need to change the way we talk about space exploration"

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - bullet - 11-12-2018 08:09 AM

They had an article that belonged in Vanity Fair or Cosmo about sexual harrassment in the science workplace. Filled with unsubstantiated opinions. And they talk about being "fact" and "science" based now. Yet they blame every drought or extreme weather condition on climate change. They even blamed the Syrian war on climate change. They had an issue on race and in the article on "Driving While Black" mentioned "Hands up, don't shoot" and the reaction to it without noting that it was a lie.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Marc Mensa - 11-12-2018 08:10 AM

Manifest Destiny has been debated and contested since its inception.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - memphistiger89 - 11-12-2018 08:10 AM

I read the first paragraph.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - bullet - 11-12-2018 08:10 AM

I'm leaning toward discontinuing and I've been taking it for over 30 years.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - CrimsonPhantom - 11-12-2018 12:56 PM

(11-12-2018 08:10 AM)bullet Wrote:  I'm leaning toward discontinuing and I've been taking it for over 30 years.

My mom discontinued hers last year after getting it for over 35 years. She was barely reading it. Hates how its become so political.

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - umbluegray - 11-12-2018 01:14 PM

(11-12-2018 01:05 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Political correctness has arrived at space travel.

My reaction:

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - Lush - 11-12-2018 02:21 PM

(11-12-2018 08:10 AM)memphistiger89 Wrote:  I read the first paragraph.

you're doing yourself a disservice. it gets better

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - UofMTigerTim - 11-12-2018 02:29 PM

The reason humans want to explore space is to colonize it.

It is our nature to procreate and colonize. It is called survival...

Well except for some. 05-stirthepot

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - umbluegray - 11-12-2018 02:53 PM

(11-12-2018 02:29 PM)UofMTigerTim Wrote:  The reason humans want to explore space is to colonize it.

It is our nature to procreate and colonize. It is called survival...

Well except for some. 05-stirthepot

I love the whole leftist mantra of:

Darwin - survival of the fittest, i.e. kill or be killed

America - great injustices against native Americans

RE: Nat Geo breaks the woke-o-meter - VA49er - 11-12-2018 03:07 PM

The sun could be getting ready to swell into its red giant phase thus foretelling the Earth's and humanity's imminent destruction and people like this author would STILL be complaining that the word humanity has "man' in it. This stuff is asinine.