CSNbbs
Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 (/thread-862781.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Charm City Bronco - 11-07-2018 08:07 PM

The corrupt police department and sheriff's offices are really going to miss that easy civil seizure money stolen from hard working Michigan residents.

Wish I could have voted for it myself. Say yes to Michigan!

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Hoekjeness - 11-07-2018 09:42 PM

One of the biggest problems I had with the bill is that it didn't pardon past offenders (which some of the better bills in other states and Canada did). Happy to see Whitmer already addressing that.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GullLake - 11-08-2018 08:48 AM

Still many questions to be addressed about how this will be implemented and regulated. Smoke it in public and you can still be busted. Proper and necessary licensing is required to sell it and that bureaucracy needs to be established and funded. Also, how to regulate and oversee what actually is being sold (gotta make sure they are selling what you think you are buying) needs to be determined

The City of Kalamazoo, and many other communities, are already considering an "out" and not participating. Many, many holes to fill and legal questions to answer.

Gonna take a while.

Don't go whimsically lighting-up something you got from Paully Pot-Head and think it is now legal and ok.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GRBRONCO - 11-08-2018 08:53 AM

It will be legal to have up to 10 or 12 plants in your home in 8 days!

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GullLake - 11-08-2018 09:16 AM

(11-08-2018 08:53 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  It will be legal to have up to 10 or 12 plants in your home in 8 days!

Depending on whether or not your local community "opts out."

Correction - personal possession in private property will be allowed (just don't smoke a Tommy Chong sized bong in your front yard by a school. Stay inconspicuous). A municipality may only "opt out" of retail sales and distribution, not personal possession. Sorry!

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GullLake - 11-08-2018 09:48 AM

Here's a clip of Charm City and Hoekjeness driving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrsbjjuDTzU

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Doo - 11-08-2018 12:08 PM

(11-08-2018 08:53 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  It will be legal to have up to 10 or 12 plants in your home in 8 days!

Not correct, 10 days after votes are certified, not 10 days after the election. The certification doesn't take place until around Thanksgiving.

Though I doubt anyone is going to do anything to anyone that does in the gap between....but they could.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - BroncoPhilly - 11-08-2018 04:05 PM

No society got better by playing to a desire to escape from reality. Proposition 1 may be amusing to some of you, I think Michigan took a step backwards from rising to the top of the cream. Just my opinion.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GRBRONCO - 11-08-2018 04:29 PM

[Image: Abe_Lincoln_marijuana.jpg]

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - wmubroncopilot - 11-08-2018 07:40 PM

(11-08-2018 04:05 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  No society got better by playing to a desire to escape from reality. Proposition 1 may be amusing to some of you, I think Michigan took a step backwards from rising to the top of the cream. Just my opinion.
I look forward to hearing your opinion on alcohol prohibition and how thats somehow "totally different".

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Bronco'14 - 11-08-2018 08:08 PM

I didn't vote yes or no. I see arguments for and against.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Charm City Bronco - 11-10-2018 11:02 AM

(11-08-2018 08:48 AM)GullLake Wrote:  Still many questions to be addressed about how this will be implemented and regulated. Smoke it in public and you can still be busted. Proper and necessary licensing is required to sell it and that bureaucracy needs to be established and funded. Also, how to regulate and oversee what actually is being sold (gotta make sure they are selling what you think you are buying) needs to be determined

The City of Kalamazoo, and many other communities, are already considering an "out" and not participating. Many, many holes to fill and legal questions to answer.

Gonna take a while.

Don't go whimsically lighting-up something you got from Paully Pot-Head and think it is now legal and ok.

I'm sure it will have the same issues Canada is facing: opposition will drag things out and gum up the gears so it will take probably a year or so to set up retail stores. But Colorado has done a great job so Michigan should model that.

The most important thing is that you can grow up to 12 plants and have an ounce or so on you. There will be plenty of product flooding the black market to make up for the lack of a retail apparatus. I'm sure all the houses in the Vine Neighborhood will have grow operations the day the law goes into effect.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Charm City Bronco - 11-10-2018 11:03 AM

(11-08-2018 04:05 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  No society got better by playing to a desire to escape from reality. Proposition 1 may be amusing to some of you, I think Michigan took a step backwards from rising to the top of the cream. Just my opinion.

One of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Save us your sanctimonious nonsense.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Charm City Bronco - 11-10-2018 11:06 AM

(11-08-2018 08:48 AM)GullLake Wrote:  Still many questions to be addressed about how this will be implemented and regulated. Smoke it in public and you can still be busted.

I hope eventually they will strike this from the law. Just because you don't like the smell isn't any reason for people to be arrested for smoking in public. Give them a ticket and move on with your day. Not spending government and police time and money to make arrests for public smoking was the whole point of the referendum.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - wmubroncopilot - 11-10-2018 01:39 PM

(11-10-2018 11:03 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  

One of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Save us your sanctimonious nonsense.

I've seen Philly post about drinking beer. I guess alcohol is an acceptable "escape from reality" and weed isn't for some reason.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Boca Rocket - 11-10-2018 02:02 PM

Looking to driving up health care costs from increased risk of respiratory illnesses. Hope insurance companies adjust the premium costs of those that smoke weed regularly.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GRBRONCO - 11-10-2018 02:08 PM

(11-10-2018 02:02 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Looking to driving up health care costs from increased risk of respiratory illnesses. Hope insurance companies adjust the premium costs of those that smoke weed regularly.

Obesity and heart disease is 1 million times the burden on healthcare than respiratory illness from smoking weed. Can we adjust the premiums for fat people?

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Charm City Bronco - 11-10-2018 08:57 PM

(11-10-2018 05:56 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:One of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Save us your sanctimonious nonsense.

I'll express my opinion when I feel like it, every time I feel like it. If you don't like it, you can stuff it up your butt cheeks until you see the sunlight coming in through your eyes.

Now go slam your head in a heavy door a few dozen times, maybe you'll wake up more courteous? Couldn't hurt.

Have another drink

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - GullLake - 11-10-2018 09:25 PM

(11-10-2018 08:57 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(11-10-2018 05:56 PM)BroncoPhilly Wrote:  
Quote:One of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. Save us your sanctimonious nonsense.

I'll express my opinion when I feel like it, every time I feel like it. If you don't like it, you can stuff it up your butt cheeks until you see the sunlight coming in through your eyes.

Now go slam your head in a heavy door a few dozen times, maybe you'll wake up more courteous? Couldn't hurt.

Have another drink

!?!?

Dude, you won. He lost.

Act like you've been there before.

We are all entitled to our opinions be they right or wrong. Unfortunately, extremists on both the left and right want to silence those they disagree with.

RE: Props to Michigan on passing Proposal 1 - Boca Rocket - 11-11-2018 07:15 AM

(11-10-2018 02:08 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(11-10-2018 02:02 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Looking to driving up health care costs from increased risk of respiratory illnesses. Hope insurance companies adjust the premium costs of those that smoke weed regularly.

Obesity and heart disease is 1 million times the burden on healthcare than respiratory illness from smoking weed. Can we adjust the premiums for fat people?

I don't know about your insurance but I get discounts for a healthy lifestyle.