CSNbbs
Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 (/thread-862537.html)

Pages: 1 2

Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - UABelieve - 11-05-2018 08:46 PM

The consensus is to vote NO on amendment 3 correct? I know it removes their term limit past the 70th birthday but is there anything else it does?

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - 58-56 - 11-05-2018 09:06 PM

(11-05-2018 08:46 PM)UABelieve Wrote:  The consensus is to vote NO on amendment 3 correct? I know it removes their term limit past the 70th birthday but is there anything else it does?

It freezes current membership rules, avoiding potential future legal and political trouble. We don't want them to miss out on that fun (besides the spite, and I don't discount the spite factor, anything that opens Board rules to public scrutiny has to be counted as a Good Thing).

Also on the ballot, Sneering John Merrill, blood enemy of UAB football and its on-campus stadium, is up for re-election against Heather Milam. Her full, married name is Heather Milam Nikolic.

To quote Sneering John, "Apparently UAB football is not very important to very many people in our state." He needs to feel the dragon's wrath.

Otherwise, Walt Maddox is well-known for his UAB love; JeffCo Sheriff Mike Hale is an alum and a Blazer fanatic.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - UABelieve - 11-05-2018 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info! Didn’t know that about Mike Hale.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - blazer-J - 11-05-2018 09:46 PM

(11-05-2018 09:06 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(11-05-2018 08:46 PM)UABelieve Wrote:  The consensus is to vote NO on amendment 3 correct? I know it removes their term limit past the 70th birthday but is there anything else it does?

It freezes current membership rules, avoiding potential future legal and political trouble. We don't want them to miss out on that fun (besides the spite, and I don't discount the spite factor, anything that opens Board rules to public scrutiny has to be counted as a Good Thing).

Also on the ballot, Sneering John Merrill, blood enemy of UAB football and its on-campus stadium, is up for re-election against Heather Milam. Her full, married name is Heather Milam Nikolic.

To quote Sneering John, "Apparently UAB football is not very important to very many people in our state." He needs to feel the dragon's wrath.

Otherwise, Walt Maddox is well-known for his UAB love; JeffCo Sheriff Mike Hale is an alum and a Blazer fanatic.

I have been trying to get clarification on the age limit portion of this amendment.

I will vote no regardless.

But didn't an amendment back in 2016 remove age limits across the board? I think Joe Espy would have had to step down in 2017 based on the age limit. I believe his and Finis' 3rd terms end in 2019. Been counting down the days to get those two clowns off the board.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - BlazerPhil - 11-05-2018 10:27 PM

(11-05-2018 09:46 PM)blazer-J Wrote:  

I have been trying to get clarification on the age limit portion of this amendment.

But didn't an amendment back in 2016 remove age limits across the board? I think Joe Espy would have had to step down in 2017 based on the age limit. I believe his and Finis' 3rd terms end in 2019. Been counting down the days to get those two clowns off the board.

Expect another salvo from the Finis camp before he checks out.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - mixduptransistor - 11-05-2018 10:37 PM

age limits were removed for elected officials but the amendment in 2016 didn't apply to the board of trustees

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - hooverblazer - 11-06-2018 11:37 AM

(11-05-2018 10:27 PM)BlazerPhil Wrote:  

Expect another salvo from the Finis camp before he checks out.

18 years is long enough to serve on a board. It's past time for them to go and the end of their term can't get here soon enough. For Finis, they'll probably just remove the interim label and make him the new chancellor 03-puke

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - hooverblazer - 11-06-2018 01:13 PM

Finis sent an email to the UA alumni association today asking them to vote yes on amendment 3. Getting scared?

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - BlazerMatt - 11-06-2018 10:00 PM

Looks like it passed. Bryant Jr. is back on the menu.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - GreenGiant67 - 11-06-2018 10:44 PM

They purposefully made the wording confusing and placed it with 3 other amendments that were likely going to get a “yes” vote. I personally heard 3 people at my voting poll try to ask other people what exactly amendment 3 would do.

The good thing is that even if Bryant is put back on the board, too much light was shed on them before and it will be difficult for them to be openly against UAB. I would have much rather had Maddox as governor. Ivey is a puppet.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - BlazerPhil - 11-06-2018 10:59 PM

(11-06-2018 10:44 PM)GreenGiant67 Wrote:  They purposefully made the wording confusing and placed it with 3 other amendments that were likely going to get a “yes” vote. I personally heard 3 people at my voting poll try to ask other people what exactly amendment 3 would do.

The good thing is that even if Bryant is put back on the board, too much light was shed on them before and it will be difficult for them to be openly against UAB. I would have much rather had Maddox as governor. Ivey is a puppet.

Yup. I read over the ballot yesterday, and I still have no idea what the other three amendments we're about. So I voted No on general principal against adding another page to the longest legal document in the world.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - GreenGiant67 - 11-06-2018 11:10 PM

Ironic that the people voted to eliminate the age restriction on BoT positions that are self governing and self appointed. The people have no say on who is on the board (other than the governor) and now they have no say on how long they can hold those positions.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - BandGrad - 11-06-2018 11:32 PM

How soon before PBJ is back on the BOT? The people of Alabama have screwed this State up.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - 58-56 - 11-06-2018 11:34 PM

(11-06-2018 11:32 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  How soon before PBJ is back on the BOT? The people of Alabama have screwed this State up.

87 minutes by the clock down in the lower right of my screen.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - 58-56 - 11-06-2018 11:34 PM

But at least we'll get to pay to defend lawsuits over Amendments 1 and 2!

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - Blazer4Life14 - 11-06-2018 11:35 PM

I miss a lot of things about Bama: the food, the weather, the women, etc. The one thing I am absolutely glad to be away from is Alabama politics.

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - blazerwkr - 11-07-2018 12:03 AM

Not that it matter much now but I found this out looking at election results - https://ballotpedia.org/Alabama_Amendment_3,_Board_of_Trustees_Membership_for_University_of_Alabama_Amendment_(2018)

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - BlazrDawg - 11-07-2018 12:17 PM

(11-07-2018 12:03 AM)blazerwkr Wrote:  Not that it matter much now but I found this out looking at election results - https://ballotpedia.org/Alabama_Amendment_3,_Board_of_Trustees_Membership_for_University_of_Alabama_Amendment_(2018)

That was an interesting read!! [/i]

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - UABFRENCHY - 11-07-2018 04:22 PM

Amendment 3—Senate Bill 194 in the legislature—was sponsored in the Alabama Senate by Sen. J. T. Waggoner (R-16), Sen. Greg Reed (R-5), and Sen. Gerald Allen (R-21). It was approved by the Senate in a vote of 28 to zero on January 30, 2018.[1]

waggoner,,,,,, he was suppose to help us in Montgomery ..and we know why he didnt help us

RE: Vote tomorrow- Amendment 3 - the_blazerman - 11-07-2018 04:33 PM

Because Fess & Cubby have him by the nads over something.