CSNbbs
***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) (/thread-862207.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - memtigbb - 11-04-2018 02:35 PM

(11-04-2018 08:32 AM)jgardne Wrote:  Pastner played favorites to an extreme degree, to the detriment of his team.

To wit, Joe was yanked and benched constantly for the most minor things while Chris Crawford was allowed to loaf for an entire game and play 35 minutes (CC didn't do this every game but it did happen). Also, Antonio Barton starting as PG over Joe as a freshman although Antonio would only pass it to Will.

Tarik's minutes were yanked around and he was benched for no reason. Most egregious was Pastner starting freshman Shaq Goodwin over Tarik wehn Tarik was clearly better at that point in their careers.

Yep, exactly...

I remember one game when Joe threw the ball to Crawford. Crawford looked away right before Joe passed it. The ball hit Crawford on the shoulder and bounced out of bounds... The Clownshow yanks Joe... I said at one point during the Crawford years, Crawford could have his way with Josh's wife at mid-court and Josh would just cheer him on.

Notice how I am not even responding to that Shooter guy. I already know he will spend the rest of his life arguing a point with a brick and no matter how absolutely dead wrong he may be, he will never concede a single point. So have at it Shooter, you know everything there is to know about everything all the time, good job.

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Joe1 - 11-04-2018 03:12 PM

(11-04-2018 02:35 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(11-04-2018 08:32 AM)jgardne Wrote:  Pastner played favorites to an extreme degree, to the detriment of his team.

To wit, Joe was yanked and benched constantly for the most minor things while Chris Crawford was allowed to loaf for an entire game and play 35 minutes (CC didn't do this every game but it did happen). Also, Antonio Barton starting as PG over Joe as a freshman although Antonio would only pass it to Will.

Tarik's minutes were yanked around and he was benched for no reason. Most egregious was Pastner starting freshman Shaq Goodwin over Tarik wehn Tarik was clearly better at that point in their careers.

Yep, exactly...

I remember one game when Joe threw the ball to Crawford. Crawford looked away right before Joe passed it. The ball hit Crawford on the shoulder and bounced out of bounds... The Clownshow yanks Joe... I said at one point during the Crawford years, Crawford could have his way with Josh's wife at mid-court and Josh would just cheer him on.

Notice how I am not even responding to that Shooter guy. I already know he will spend the rest of his life arguing a point with a brick and no matter how absolutely dead wrong he may be, he will never concede a single point. So have at it Shooter, you know everything there is to know about everything all the time, good job.

He’s the 99% guy. He knows more about basketball and Tiger hoops than 99% of the people.

He told me to go watch clips of Keith Lee. 03-lmfao

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Joe1 - 11-04-2018 11:12 PM

(11-04-2018 09:49 PM)Shooters Wrote:  I didn’t say it as you said it I did but I sincerely regret saying the 99% thing. If I could take it back, I would, but there are no mulligans in life. If you knew me, you would know I’m not a cocky person.

Memtigbb, I really don’t care if you respond to me or not but you should at least have a legitimate response. “you remember one game involving JJ and Crawford” along with a very distasteful remark (borderline banning) about sex between CC and Josh’s wife at mid court That’s indicative of your character. Of course you didn’t mention Black as what I said is non refutable.

Joe1, you obviously have a personal stake in this discussion yet you also didn’t refute my points about JJ or Black. You act as if I insulted you by ask you to look at FRESHMAN tapes of Keith Lee. Many people tend to remember the slower, too heavy Keith and not the great, run the floor like a gazelle, pass like Magic and consistently hit 18 foot jumpers Keith. That’s why I asked. Are you so knowledgeable you are above having to refresh your memory of a player 37 seasons ago?
I don’t have a personal stake in this.

I don’t need to refresh my memory about my favorite Tiger of all time. (My favorites are Penny and Keith) But I don’t need refreshing because I show my sons videos of Keith and Penny quite a bit. I want them to see their dad’s favorites. Plus it allows them to learn about great Tiger players they never got the chance to see play. I saw every game he played. I was in Louisville when he scored 28 against Ewing and Georgetown. I was fortunate to see all of his home games in the mid south c.

And I don’t view myself as “so knowledgeable”. I’m a Tiger fan just like everyone here.

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - geedog50 - 11-05-2018 03:14 PM

(11-03-2018 08:49 AM)micman Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 07:44 AM)geedog50 Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 09:18 PM)micman Wrote:  If Parks is healthy and Thomas becomes eligible, this team will equal the most successful Pastner teams. To give credit where it is due, Tubby’s 5 guys and their unselfishness and effort are an extremely important part of this team.

03-shhhh This team will not win 30plus games before tournament (I wish), but highly unlikely. Tubby only has 4 guys that he recruited to Memphis still here. 04-chairshot So get up on your history before write some of your post.Epic Mind Blown

Tubby’s guys: Davenport, Brewton, Parks Jr, Thornton, Enoh = 5.

Not to diminish the impacts of DJ Stephens and Geron Johnson on the 30 win season, but I always thought that Pastner’s best teams were the teams the year before and the year after (the year before had Will Barton and Tarik Black still cared. The year after, we beat Ok State, Louisville, and nearly beat Florida). What part of the history am I missing?

Sorry for testing you like that 03-yes guess I should get to the mirror with that one 04-bolt

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - micman - 11-05-2018 07:16 PM

Something happed their junior year at The Battle for Atlantis, either during the VCU or Minnesota game. Tarik was never the same player.

The season where they only had 2 assistants impacted Tarik also.

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Joe1 - 11-05-2018 07:25 PM

(11-05-2018 07:16 PM)micman Wrote:  Something happed their junior year at The Battle for Atlantis, either during the VCU or Minnesota game. Tarik was never the same player.

The leader of young men for a basketball or football team is paramount. Unfortunately our leader was no leader, no father figure to the young men either. Think of the locker room pep talk in the ncaa tournament prior to playing Virginia.

#theyhavegoodplayers #winningishard

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Shooters - 11-05-2018 09:42 PM

(11-05-2018 07:16 PM)micman Wrote:  Something happed their junior year at The Battle for Atlantis, either during the VCU or Minnesota game. Tarik was never the same player.

If you look at his stats and fouls per 40 minutes, they don’t change a lot. One year he took 3 shots outside of 3 feet which is unbelievable. Not sure how you can blame Pastner, Self, NBA coaches for foul trouble that limited him to 20-25 minutes at Memphis and way less in NBA. . I’m still amazed he played NBA.

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - micman - 11-06-2018 09:02 AM

(11-05-2018 09:42 PM)Shooters Wrote:  

If you look at his stats and fouls per 40 minutes, they don’t change a lot. One year he took 3 shots outside of 3 feet which is unbelievable. Not sure how you can blame Pastner, Self, NBA coaches for foul trouble that limited him to 20-25 minutes at Memphis and way less in NBA. . I’m still amazed he played NBA.

He was the best player on the team his freshman year. GP picked him as the preseason CUSA player of the year his sophomore season. Something happened. He regressed every year.

That said, Malcolm Dandridge reminds me a lot of Tarik physically, but I believe that he will be a much better player for us. I am looking forward to him being a Tiger.

RE: ***Official Memphis vs CBU Game Thread*** (11/2) - Shooters - 11-06-2018 10:39 AM

(11-06-2018 09:02 AM)micman Wrote:  
(11-05-2018 09:42 PM)Shooters Wrote:  

He was the best player on the team his freshman year. GP picked him as the preseason CUSA player of the year his sophomore season. Something happened. He regressed every year.

That said, Malcolm Dandridge reminds me a lot of Tarik physically, but I believe that he will be a much better player for us. I am looking forward to him being a Tiger.

Best player? One that can’t stay on the floor because of fouls and in big games almost always had 2 before 1st TO? Never hit close to 10 in anything in FOUR (Kansas included) years? Lol.