CSNbbs
Gary Clark | Rockets - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Gary Clark | Rockets (/thread-862011.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - levydl - 01-24-2019 10:15 AM

Harden's made more FTs (5,302) than FGs (5,119) in his career. It's unheard of. Pick any great scorer, they all have substantially fewer FTs than FGs made. Some of Harden's highlights are insane, but his game is annoying overall.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - natibeast21 - 01-24-2019 11:33 AM

(01-24-2019 10:15 AM)levydl Wrote:  Harden's made more FTs (5,302) than FGs (5,119) in his career. It's unheard of. Pick any great scorer, they all have substantially fewer FTs than FGs made. Some of Harden's highlights are insane, but his game is annoying overall.

I see a lot of similarities in Harden’s and Cumberland’s offensive game. Annoying as hell to play against but boy do they know how to play b-ball. I am not saying Cumberland is or will be the next James Harden.

But:
1) Neither are elite athletes
2) Both have their own unique moves they use over and over again for making a shot or drawling a foul.
3) Both solid passers
4) Neither have a pretty shot from 3 but they go in often.
5) Neither show any emotion. Cold blooded tactical basketball killers.
5) Both get into the heads of opponents by the 5 things above^^

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - OKIcat - 01-24-2019 12:25 PM

(01-24-2019 11:33 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  
(01-24-2019 10:15 AM)levydl Wrote:  Harden's made more FTs (5,302) than FGs (5,119) in his career. It's unheard of. Pick any great scorer, they all have substantially fewer FTs than FGs made. Some of Harden's highlights are insane, but his game is annoying overall.

I see a lot of similarities in Harden’s and Cumberland’s offensive game. Annoying as hell to play against but boy do they know how to play b-ball. I am not saying Cumberland is or will be the next James Harden.

But:
2) Both have their own unique moves they use over and over again for making a shot or drawling a foul.
3) Both solid passers

Interesting comparison. If Cumberland continues on his mid-season trajectory, we're in for a fun ride watching him this season and next. You can just see the frustration of defenders and opposing coaches at his ability to consistently draw the contact and the foul.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - bearcatdp - 01-24-2019 12:29 PM

(01-24-2019 12:25 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  

But:
3) Both solid passers

Interesting comparison. If Cumberland continues on his mid-season trajectory, we're in for a fun ride watching him this season and next. You can just see the frustration of defenders and opposing coaches at his ability to consistently draw the contact and the foul.

Is there any chance Cumberland's play this year gets him a 1st round draft rating in this year's draft?

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - natibeast21 - 01-24-2019 12:48 PM

(01-24-2019 12:29 PM)bearcatdp Wrote:  
(01-24-2019 12:25 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  

But:
3) Both solid passers
6) Both get into the heads of opponents by the 5 things above^^

Is there any chance Cumberland's play this year gets him a 1st round draft rating in this year's draft?

I doubt it. Whole different ball game transferring that to the NBA. But you never know if he gets real hot for the rest of the season.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - Tymanh99 - 01-24-2019 06:24 PM

james harden is the man. this recent stretch is historic and as an nba fan, i've been enjoying every second of it. with james ennis back and kenneth faried starting last night though, not sure if gary will start again soon.

but capella is still out and danuel house sent to the g-league, so he should still see some run time (9 minutes last night).

side note - watching nba games courtside on the oculus go is amazing. highly recommend.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - Tymanh99 - 02-28-2019 07:28 PM

Gary is starting tonight for the rockets

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - dubcat14 - 02-28-2019 09:22 PM

Halftime Houston's down 14 to Miami. Gary Clark is their second leading scoring with 9 points and 1 rebound. Most importantly, 2-4 from 3.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - bearcatmark - 02-28-2019 10:29 PM

14 points and 5 rebounds for Clark. Meanwhile harden goes for 58 pts 7 rbs 10 assists and 4 steals

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - Recluse1 - 02-28-2019 10:32 PM

(02-28-2019 10:29 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  14 points and 5 rebounds for Clark. Meanwhile harden goes for 58 pts 7 rbs 10 assists and 4 steals

Jesus...

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - dsquare - 03-01-2019 08:04 AM

Harden better slow down. He's scoring so much he's going to cut his career short by a couple years shooting the ball so much. LOL

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - Bruce Monnin - 03-01-2019 08:34 AM

(02-28-2019 10:29 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  14 points and 5 rebounds for Clark. Meanwhile harden goes for 58 pts 7 rbs 10 assists and 4 steals

I see no word on whether Houston won or lost. So I am assuming lost?

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - bearcatmark - 03-01-2019 08:40 AM

(03-01-2019 08:34 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  

They won.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - Bruce Monnin - 03-01-2019 09:19 AM

(03-01-2019 08:40 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-01-2019 08:34 AM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  

They won.

That is the best news for Gary. He got the start and the team won.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - dsquare - 03-01-2019 10:45 AM

Did anyone see the reason he started all the sudden? I'm guessing there was an injury as he has not been playing any minutes at all. Maybe D'antoni decided to pull a George Costanza and just do the opposite of everything he was doing.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - bearcatmark - 03-01-2019 11:05 AM

(03-01-2019 10:45 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Did anyone see the reason he started all the sudden? I'm guessing there was an injury as he has not been playing any minutes at all. Maybe D'antoni decided to pull a George Costanza and just do the opposite of everything he was doing.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - SeniorBearcat - 03-01-2019 12:14 PM

(03-01-2019 11:05 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-01-2019 10:45 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Did anyone see the reason he started all the sudden? I'm guessing there was an injury as he has not been playing any minutes at all. Maybe D'antoni decided to pull a George Costanza and just do the opposite of everything he was doing.

Awesome 04-cheers

Even though the Spurs have been my #2 team all these years, I find myself checking in on Rockets frequently.

Below is another good story for those who haven't seen it.

Quote:Houston’s Clark has big fan in Pirates’ pitcher Archer
By KRISTIE RIEKEN
January 19, 2019

HOUSTON (AP) — Houston rookie Gary Clark had a special cheering section Saturday night against the Los Angeles Lakers as a contingent of people from the small North Carolina town where he grew up, including Pirates pitcher Chris Archer, attended the game.

Clark and Archer were both raised and went to high school in Clayton, North Carolina, a town of just more than 21,000 people about 20 minutes outside Raleigh.

Archer is about six years older than Clark, but has watched his career since the Rocket was a freshman in high school and made a point to catch at least one of his games every season since. After watching him work at Clayton high school, he continued to follow his career at Cincinnati in his four years playing for the Bearcats.

Clark said his relationship with Archer has been an important one and that seeing his success as a professional athlete inspired him and many other kids in their community.

“For him to be the first superstar out of little ol’ Clayton it kind of like opened up kids’ eyes around the community that hey if you find something you love and you do it really hard and you’re passionate about it you’ve got an opportunity,” Clark said.

Before Clark’s college career was up, Archer told the power forward that wherever he ended up this year he’d continue the tradition of coming to watch him play. Clark went undrafted out of Cincinnati but signed a free agent deal with the Rockets this summer and the Rockets saw so much promise in the 24-year-old that it contributed to them parting ways with Carmelo Anthony.

Clark appeared in his 32nd game on Saturday night, but his minutes had been limited until center Clint Capela sustained a thumb injury earlier this week that required surgery. With Capela out for up to six weeks Clark’s playing time has increased and he got his first career start on Wednesday night against the Nets.

Archer beamed when talking about witnessing Clark grow from a high school freshman to an NBA player and proudly wore his No. 6 jersey as he hosted about 20 other Clayton natives in a suite at the game. He’s thrilled to have another person from Clayton playing professional sports and said they discuss what their success means for the kids back home.

“Something that he and I talk about quite often is what we can do with our platform in our own hometown,” Archer told The Associated Press. “That’s the coolest thing, inspiring people to follow their dreams and become whatever they want to become, not necessarily just athletes but one of our close friends here is a doctor, we have multiple business owners. It’s a small town but I think Gary and I are a product of great people and we hope to inspire people to continue to achieve their goals.”

Even though they’ve been friends for years, Clark still seemed wowed that Archer went out of his way to support him with this trip.

“When you’re able to see someone that you actually knew when you were a young kid and looked up to and now you’re in the same position as him and it’s like you’re making Clayton proud and making other kids in Clayton think they have an opportunity to get to this level, too,” Clark said.

https://apnews.com/f62879c41e4e41119d0957b40ead712d

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - jarr - 03-01-2019 01:43 PM

(03-01-2019 12:14 PM)SeniorBearcat Wrote:  
(03-01-2019 11:05 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Awesome 04-cheers

Even though the Spurs have been my #2 team all these years, I find myself checking in on Rockets frequently.

Below is another good story for those who haven't seen it.

Quote:Houston’s Clark has big fan in Pirates’ pitcher Archer
By KRISTIE RIEKEN
January 19, 2019

HOUSTON (AP) — Houston rookie Gary Clark had a special cheering section Saturday night against the Los Angeles Lakers as a contingent of people from the small North Carolina town where he grew up, including Pirates pitcher Chris Archer, attended the game.

Clark and Archer were both raised and went to high school in Clayton, North Carolina, a town of just more than 21,000 people about 20 minutes outside Raleigh.

Archer is about six years older than Clark, but has watched his career since the Rocket was a freshman in high school and made a point to catch at least one of his games every season since. After watching him work at Clayton high school, he continued to follow his career at Cincinnati in his four years playing for the Bearcats.

Clark said his relationship with Archer has been an important one and that seeing his success as a professional athlete inspired him and many other kids in their community.

“For him to be the first superstar out of little ol’ Clayton it kind of like opened up kids’ eyes around the community that hey if you find something you love and you do it really hard and you’re passionate about it you’ve got an opportunity,” Clark said.

Before Clark’s college career was up, Archer told the power forward that wherever he ended up this year he’d continue the tradition of coming to watch him play. Clark went undrafted out of Cincinnati but signed a free agent deal with the Rockets this summer and the Rockets saw so much promise in the 24-year-old that it contributed to them parting ways with Carmelo Anthony.

Clark appeared in his 32nd game on Saturday night, but his minutes had been limited until center Clint Capela sustained a thumb injury earlier this week that required surgery. With Capela out for up to six weeks Clark’s playing time has increased and he got his first career start on Wednesday night against the Nets.

Archer beamed when talking about witnessing Clark grow from a high school freshman to an NBA player and proudly wore his No. 6 jersey as he hosted about 20 other Clayton natives in a suite at the game. He’s thrilled to have another person from Clayton playing professional sports and said they discuss what their success means for the kids back home.

“Something that he and I talk about quite often is what we can do with our platform in our own hometown,” Archer told The Associated Press. “That’s the coolest thing, inspiring people to follow their dreams and become whatever they want to become, not necessarily just athletes but one of our close friends here is a doctor, we have multiple business owners. It’s a small town but I think Gary and I are a product of great people and we hope to inspire people to continue to achieve their goals.”

Even though they’ve been friends for years, Clark still seemed wowed that Archer went out of his way to support him with this trip.

“When you’re able to see someone that you actually knew when you were a young kid and looked up to and now you’re in the same position as him and it’s like you’re making Clayton proud and making other kids in Clayton think they have an opportunity to get to this level, too,” Clark said.

https://apnews.com/f62879c41e4e41119d0957b40ead712d

Where can I get a Clark jersey?

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - QSECOFR - 03-01-2019 01:57 PM

Go to Koch's sporting goods on 4th St. They can make one for you.

RE: Gary Clark | Rockets - SeniorBearcat - 06-06-2019 09:22 AM