CSNbbs
Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 (/thread-861963.html)

Pages: 1 2

Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - goldenflash99 - 10-30-2018 01:59 PM

Who's ready for some hot Tuesday #MACtion??? Kickoff from Doyt Perry Stadium is 8 p.m. Watch live on ESPNU or listen to Golden Flashes Radio on iHeartRadio.

Both teams have one win. BGSU can't stop the run. KSU has a slight advantage in offensive production. Then again, we've been awful on the road in conference play. So many variables to consider.

Prediction: In a Kent State-y way, we make history as the first team to score a half point in a football game. This time, we come out on top of a close game.

KSU 16.5 - BGSU 15

Your thoughts on the game? Your prediction on attendance?

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - OLNWFLSH - 10-30-2018 02:28 PM

(10-30-2018 01:59 PM)goldenflash99 Wrote:  Who's ready for some hot Tuesday #MACtion??? Kickoff from Doyt Perry Stadium is 8 p.m. Watch live on ESPNU or listen to Golden Flashes Radio on iHeartRadio.

Both teams have one win. BGSU can't stop the run. KSU has a slight advantage in offensive production. Then again, we've been awful on the road in conference play. So many variables to consider.

Prediction: In a Kent State-y way, we make history as the first team to score a half point in a football game. This time, we come out on top of a close game.

KSU 16.5 - BGSU 15

Your thoughts on the game? Your prediction on attendance?
It's relatively warm here in NW Ohio - but as per usual it's windy. Rain will start sometime after kickoff. Maybe some pre-Halloween kids want to get on TV before heading to the bars - but a sparse crowd. BG has handled us for the past several years and has a good QB - Coach L is familiar with the Doyt - so I am hoping for coaches first road and MAC win - 24-20

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - thanksjim - 10-30-2018 02:41 PM

Let the battle for the best 1-7 team in the land commence!

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - Muskrat - 10-30-2018 02:50 PM

There is nothing more dreary than a late season MAC football game between teams going nowhere. The weather always seems to be bad in those situations, too. I've been to plenty of them.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - Proud pilot - 10-30-2018 05:45 PM

4 games left will we see players that can Red shirt under new rule?

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - anti-zip - 10-30-2018 07:06 PM

Wow, really unfortunate for Rankin that he's out tonight. This is looking like it could've been a stat padding game for him.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - anti-zip - 10-30-2018 07:44 PM

Dear God, how do you mess up that fumble review?

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - ilovegymnast - 10-30-2018 08:13 PM

This crew has thrown 13 accepted penalties and roughly 18 or 19 total flags in the first 20 minutes of game play.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - thanksjim - 10-30-2018 08:31 PM

Now accepting application for graduate transfer Olinemen...

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - anti-zip - 10-30-2018 08:31 PM

This offensive line is pathetic. Playing a team that only has 6 sacks on the year and only rushes 3 on most plays, and we give up two in the first quarter. And when they do successfully block they get hit with an ineligible man down field. Has anyone seen a line get called for that more than ours has this year? Until the line is fixed we can expect the offense to continue to be unwatchable.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - KSU93 - 10-30-2018 09:53 PM

I got this text from a friend who went to BG

I don’t know why I’m watching, but I am. This BG/Kent game literally might be the worst football I’ve ever seen in my life ... high school included.

Probably true

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - ilovegymnast - 10-30-2018 10:06 PM

That just means he was lucky enough not to watch the Kent-OU game in 2016. Kent lost 10-14 there was a total of 31 first downs, 599 total yards of offense between the two teams, 636 total punting yards, and we were stuck watching the boring Treadwell offense.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - ilovegymnast - 10-30-2018 10:46 PM

KENT WINS!!! KENT WINS!!! Start of 4 in a row!

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - thanksjim - 10-30-2018 10:46 PM

A step forward!

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - Proud pilot - 10-30-2018 11:25 PM

Agree with other posters-O Line is brutal.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - goldenflash99 - 10-31-2018 06:20 AM

(10-30-2018 11:25 PM)Proud pilot Wrote:  Agree with other posters-O Line is brutal.

Not exactly breaking news. OLine was our biggest area of weakness coming into the season. And its only gotten worse due to injury and guys playing out of their natural positions. We have at least one true freshman starting, and anyone who knows college ball knows that the more underclassmen on your OLine, the fewer games you win. It's correlative. So yes they struggled most of the game but this patchwork group came up huge in the 4th when we needed them the most. Frankly they've overachieved all season for as young and thin as that unit is.

Congrats to all the players and coaches on the win. Here's to the first of many more MAC victories to come.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - OLNWFLSH - 10-31-2018 11:59 AM

(10-31-2018 06:20 AM)goldenflash99 Wrote:  
(10-30-2018 11:25 PM)Proud pilot Wrote:  Agree with other posters-O Line is brutal.

Not exactly breaking news. OLine was our biggest area of weakness coming into the season. And its only gotten worse due to injury and guys playing out of their natural positions. We have at least one true freshman starting, and anyone who knows college ball knows that the more underclassmen on your OLine, the fewer games you win. It's correlative. So yes they struggled most of the game but this patchwork group came up huge in the 4th when we needed them the most. Frankly they've overachieved all season for as young and thin as that unit is.

Congrats to all the players and coaches on the win. Here's to the first of many more MAC victories to come.

Agree all around they hung tough when they could have folded when BG tied it - and really the D was OK. Two of BGs TDs came from very short fields - a result of a bad punt and fumble. But for a couple of breaks we could have won against OU and UA and be above .500 in the MAC - the loss to Ball State in retrospect looks bad. Buffalo is going to be a real uphill fight.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - bearcat29 - 11-01-2018 09:50 PM

The q.b. is not doing the o-line any favors. He is slow to read the d, looks down his first read and has no touch on the ball. And don't get me started about how he runs. Has he never learned to tuck a football? On designed runs, he is fine. When he takes too long to read the play then decides to run he is indecisive and rarely makes decent yardage.

While the line has its faults, they did have a good day running the football without the starter even playing. If the qb throws the ball in a timely manner, the center is not to far downfield on the read option 2x. I will say in his defense his receivers don't get open a lot. Also, the play calling is a bit odd as they don't use the middle of the field on short and intermediate routes that much. Just my $0.02 from watching the game.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - thanksjim - 11-01-2018 10:02 PM

(11-01-2018 09:50 PM)bearcat29 Wrote:  The q.b. is not doing the o-line any favors. He is slow to read the d, looks down his first read and has no touch on the ball. And don't get me started about how he runs. Has he never learned to tuck a football? On designed runs, he is fine. When he takes too long to read the play then decides to run he is indecisive and rarely makes decent yardage.

While the line has its faults, they did have a good day running the football without the starter even playing. If the qb throws the ball in a timely manner, the center is not to far downfield on the read option 2x. I will say in his defense his receivers don't get open a lot. Also, the play calling is a bit odd as they don't use the middle of the field on short and intermediate routes that much. Just my $0.02 from watching the game.

I'll take WB III over any quarterback KSU has had in a while.

RE: Flashes @ BGSU - October 30 - Muskrat - 11-02-2018 09:28 AM

The fact that won a conference game on the road and scored lots of points is certainly better than last year. Last year they didn't win any road games and never scored more than 23 points in a conference game. Baby steps.